belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
From the 16-17 Oilers

Maroon - 27 goals
Letestu - 16 goals

Gone, so 47 goals to be made up.
You mean 43? And why is their production last year the benchmark? You seem to have a knack for posting irrelevant statistics. Yes, the loss of Maroon and Letestu are substantial--especially when you consider their importance in the 2017 playoffs--but both regressed this season, Letestu significantly. The right move was getting whatever assets you could for them.

Reactions: nabob

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
From the 16-17 Oilers

Maroon - 27 goals
Letestu - 16 goals

Gone, so 47 goals to be made up.

First off that math doesn't add up unless you're forgetting a player. Second that was in a season where the Oilers played out of their minds. How many goals does Maroon and Letestu have this year? Cuz THAT is how many goals need to be replaced next year. You don't go into the season next year and go Letestu and Maroon collectively scored 43 goals 2 years ago how are we gonna replace those goals from 2 years ago.

Reactions: nabob

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Chiarelli has single handedly turned the New Jersey Devils into a potential contender. Hall, and Maroon for essentially Larsson. Forget the college tweener and a 3rd round that will amount to nothing.

Reactions: NJDFAN

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I would have matched that TB package for Miller + McDonaugh and traded Klefbom+Maroon to TB
Chia sat on his hands the whole season just to get us this??
I guess he can take rest of the year off now..

Vanqu1sh

Feb 28, 2013
Edmonton
Was hoping for a 2nd but not surprised at this return. Better than nothing, would rather give more opportunity to our glut of non-established NHL wingers and maybe find someone who works. Didn't want to resign him. We got more for him than we gave up, and he produced 50 goals and 100 points for us at 1.5 mil/yr. This is one of Chiarelli's best deals...

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm assuming this was the best offer available... was hoping for a bit more though.
This is where I'm at. Was hoping for a warm body that we could ride out down the stretch and maybe a mid round pick. Around a 2nd in comparable value. I feel we didn't accomplish enough in terms of getting those project pieces. Surprised we saw a better return for Davidson, actually. Get your deals done early!

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Chiarelli has single handedly turned the New Jersey Devils into a potential contender. Hall, and Maroon for essentially Larsson. Forget the college tweener and a 3rd round that will amount to nothing.

I'm sorry but Maroon and Hall alone aren't beating the Lightning. I'd be surprised if the Devils win a game if they play Tbay in the playoffs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Just stop.

Lets pretend that I didnt respond to your post...I am not going to engage your never ending pessimistic impending doom outlook.
Nothing personal but you are serious downer.

"You're not going to engage but it was important to you to do so, to deride the poster, and to tell him to stop posting what he or anybody else can post.

Then nothing personal, followed by a shot anyway.

Could you stop?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I would have matched that TB package for Miller + McDonaugh and traded Klefbom+Maroon to TB
Chia sat on his hands the whole season just to get us this??
I guess he can take rest of the year off now..
The Rangers offer was much better than Klefbom and Maroon.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It was Hall + Maroon for Larsson, a 3rd round pick in 2019, and an underwhelming prospect. Who's next? RNH? 1 for 1 for Michael Dal Colle, you betcha Chia!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yes...if you look around and ALL you see is bad news and impending doom it says a lot about the individuals internal overall perspective.

Well in fairness to those posters, it was been nothing but bad news this season although some of the pessimism is obviously over the top.

I don't even think many are angry about the Maroon return in isolation, it's just the icing on the shitcake losing a player who was one of Chia's few "wins" and a big part of the team's identity as recently as last season for a meager return even if the return was expected.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Ultimately the big problem with Maroon as a trade asset is the overwhelming majority of his offense came with Connor McDavid and nobody else. I didn't see any value in re-signing him because the team needs to be leaner and quicker, and less top heavy in terms of salary distribution, so that was 4M I don't think they could afford to spend.

I did hope for a little better but this is the kind of market that dictates it's own merits. It's not like trying to make a hockey trade with a skill forward in the offseason. Teams are offering what they are offering.

Reactions: Seachd

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
For me it’s what is done in the off season? It’s fine that we got something for Maroon, I thought it would be a bit more, at least a better prospect. But who is eventually brought in to replace these guys, because in the past we move these guys out and then downgrade or reach on someone in the summer, rinse and repeat.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Maroon will re-sign in New Jersey. They have cap room for him and it's a much shorter flight if his fiance/kid want to stay in St. Louis. It's a 2 hour direct flight and no customs to deal with or they might just move out that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad