Waived: [EDM] Josh Brown, Drake Caggiula, Raphael Lavoie, and Olivier Rodrigue waived by the Oilers

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Edmonton might be in trouble early season just like last year, that bottom 4 D is not playoff caliber. I understand trades are down the line, but let’s hope it can hold the fort until reinforcements come. Not to mention if they get in injury trouble…

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
cap says hi
although for min $ it's a good suggestion
They have 600k in cap, just claim him and send someone else down. He’s only got a cap of 775k.

Rightfully I don’t know the Rags cap situation but they must have someone they can send down in his place? Lavoie was decent in camp so I doubt he gets traded if he clears without an overpayment

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
They have 600k in cap, just claim him and send someone else down. He’s only got a cap of 775k.

Rightfully I don’t know the Rags cap situation but they must have someone they can send down in his place? Lavoie was decent in camp so I doubt he gets traded if he clears without an overpayment
We should grab him and sort it out later but Rs do need to move out a body if they add
Rs should sell Lindgren + Vesey

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Edmonton might be in trouble early season just like last year, that bottom 4 D is not playoff caliber. I understand trades are down the line, but let’s hope it can hold the fort until reinforcements come. Not to mention if they get in injury trotrouble
Bottom 6 wasn't playoffs caliber last year either but did alright.
Nurse, Kulak and Emberson are good 4,5,6. They are just missing a 2nd pairing Dman better than Ceci, Stecher or Desharnais.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Oilers are not touching a 4.5 million cap hit and then give up better picks , make your trade offers realistic
Hey, they ARE realistic
You are ignoring that while Raph L has possible upside, he is not commanding anything in 2 years since his draft

Lindgren was worth more, w/wear and tear, I would say he is now worth 2 2nds [ish]
To reflect you taking on 4.5 cap which was not a dump b'c you can use a functionally productive backliner, I threw in 2 3rds same year.

If you don't want Lindy, and you should b'c other than being a lefty shot he is a good stopgap for you this year, fine, just advise.

We will sell him and Vesey elsewhere, which is something Rs should be doing anyway and just claim RL.

I would be shocked if any of them get claimed
Some clubs are a little pivot thin, otherwise concur

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Rangers offer Lindgren + 2026 and 2027 3rds
for
Raph Lavoie + EDM 2026 + 2027 2nds

helps w/stopgap D this yr, tho he is lefty shot
and you will have to juggle some cap

I don't think that's an unreasonable ask. That said, I don't want to use Kane's LTIR and open up that potentially expensive cap headache for another LD. If we're taking that risk we need to be least betting on 2nd pairing RD. Sorry, just aiming higher. This opening in our roster is pretty much a fill it, all in move. Not doing that with Lindgren.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad