Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Adam Henrique re-signs with the Oilers (2 years, $3M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Holy f*** what a stacked forward group, even when assuming that Kane is gone.

The D is mid though. Great top pairing with a garbage bottom 4.
The Oilers bottom pairing was solid most of the season and Broberg did quite well in the top 4 in the later rounds. The biggest issue most of the season was Nurse-Ceci but that got somewhat fixed when they were separated in the playoffs.

They do need a top 4 RHD at some point though although Broberg might very well grow into that role.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lol, nice to bring up Cup wins that are pretty much irrelevant anymore. It's like that one Looney Canucks fan that was saying they won the Cup back in 1912 or something as the Vancouver Millionaires :laugh::laugh::laugh:. This isn't a topic about the Avs, it's about the Oilers and their lack of accomplishment.
This topic is actually about the Henrique signing. It’s you and your salt that brought up 0 Cups.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You would think they would want to allocate some of that money to upgrade the back end. They still went down 3-0 and then lost.
They scored 2 total goals in the 3 losses. They didn't lose the Cup finals because of the defense or goaltending for that matter or the depth scoring.
It was actually the top guys that disappeared for a multitude of reasons, strong Panthers defense, McDavid and Draisaitl were injured and not enough wing support with Kane on the shelf.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Lol, nice to bring up Cup wins that are pretty much irrelevant anymore. It's like that one Looney Canucks fan that was saying they won the Cup back in 1912 or something as the Vancouver Millionaires :laugh::laugh::laugh:. This isn't a topic about the Avs, it's about the Oilers and their lack of accomplishment.
Why are you basically in every Oiler thread on the mains?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

They aren’t irrelevant to me.

I’m 49 and still playing goal at a high level today, vs kids in their twenties…. feeling still very, very young… I witnessed all of those Cups starting at age 8/9… incidentally that’s exactly the age of my son who just watched his heros win the championship for the Celtics…

When he gets to be my young age, has played the field and settled down with the one… when he tells his kids about the championship(s) he witnessed as a kid, will it be irrelevant? I don’t think so…. These experiences persist a generation (at least)

Just because you haven’t had such luck, doesn’t make you any less relevant, I promise….

Last edited:
Reactions: zar

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yeah I never meant it as a negative character trait for the two of them. In my mind, players of that elite echelon typically want the responsibility and playtime. That MJ level competitiveness, which is why those two are so good. He seemed to take it as an insult so maybe it came off the wrong way. All the better if they realize that the most important season is the postseason and now it’s not entirely up to them to get the Oilers there.
Apologies. I’ve heard a lot of how McDrai are so selfish and cost the team the cup by playing too much. I took your comment the wrong way.

Why are you basically in every Oiler thread on the mains?
So much rent free space.

Reactions: nturn06

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Kane LTIR return for game 1 of playoffs?
We could only hope!

1720014415009.png

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Stacked forward group - y'all are gonna run it back with Skinner though eh?
Skinner at least is young and was good enough to make the Finals. He's been getting better every year.

Also, what is the alternative? It's not like there was a UFA Shesterkin willing to sign for a bit less. A lot of supposed options aren't really options. Saros was probably always staying, and that doesn't mean Askarov is available

Imo, the questionable guy to bring back was Pickard. He's good, but I agree with you to an extent in that it would be good to try someone else, and it should be someone cheap and unknown. Don't go for Campbell. Go for Stolarz. If there is a question mark on the team, that's where there should be experimentation. But, that doesn't mean completely destroying what we have by moving Skinner

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Skinner at least is young and was good enough to make the Finals. He's been getting better every year.

Also, what is the alternative? It's not like there was a UFA Shesterkin willing to sign for a bit less. A lot of supposed options aren't really options. Saros was probably always staying, and that doesn't mean Askarov is available

Imo, the questionable guy to bring back was Pickard. He's good, but I agree with you to an extent in that it would be good to try someone else, and it should be someone cheap and unknown. Don't go for Campbell. Go for Stolarz. If there is a question mark on the team, that's where there should be experimentation. But, that doesn't mean completely destroying what we have by moving Skinner

I would've liked Cam Talbot for cheap, he still is the best playoff goalie the Oilers have had in the McDavid era, could've been a decent back-up for Skinner.

Can't really hate on Pickard though, guy put up solid numbers in the regular season and playoffs.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Skinner is the Oilers goalie moving forward. He's shown significant growth since turning pro, and while he still has some flaws to his game, they are becoming fewer and more rare. He's a good starting goalie, on a great contract.
People forget that Skinner is only 25, has played 158 NHL games in total, 35 (22%) of them in the NHL playoffs… truly an NHL starter for only 1.5 seasons and has a cap hit of a whopping $2.7m.

Reactions: PuckG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad