Confirmed with Link: [EDM/BUF] McLeod + Tullio for Matt Savoie

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Isn't Savoie a highly touted prospect?? How the hell did he manage this one? Well damn man. The kid is from here too I think.
Savoie has been touted as a top prospect since he was drafted, and he put up a ton of points in the WHL last year (71 points in 44 games played. He finished the year with a couple of weeks in the AHL and he played the last game of the year for Buffalo. The only thing I can see is if they don't like his personality or work ethic or something.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
HAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT. Is this what it's like to be on the winning side of a lopsided trade?! Incredible!! JEFF JACKSON IS A WIZARD.

Appreciated Mcleod but this is a massive win wtf lmao. We needed cheap ELC forward depth and scored one of the top ELC options in the league for... a cap casualty!

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yeah, they let go of his brother so it must be a bit awkward...
I mean it's the NHL and he's gonna be playing with one of mcdrai almost certainly. I doubt he's doing much other than maybe ribbing his brother a bit and celebrating.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Sabres fan who comes in peace.
How are the guys we got back from you guys.
Savoie was a top A+ prospect for the Sabres . Unfortunately he was injured early last season and couldn't crack the roster.
McLeod is a speedy non physical forward who can play center but is more effective on the wing. He shows glimpses of offensive ability but I think his ceiling is probably 15/15/30. He’s pretty good defensively.

Tullio you’ll have to ask the AHL guys about.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Savoie has been touted as a top prospect since he was drafted, and he put up a ton of points in the WHL last year (71 points in 44 games played. He finished the year with a couple of weeks in the AHL and he played the last game of the year for Buffalo. The only thing I can see is if they don't like his personality or work ethic or something.
I'm pretty stunned, just saw that he had the cup of coffee with Rochester and managed 5 pts. in 6 games for them. There must be something else here, because that kid was a highly regarded prospect. Great speed, great offensive instincts.. darkhorse even to make the team?? Pretty incredible trade return.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
Savoie was a top A+ prospect for the Sabres . Unfortunately he was injured early last season and couldn't crack the roster.
His analytics are great, his line consistently carries play. Very strong defensively. He's allergic of the middle of the ice and many criticize his lack of willingness to throw the body. One of the fastest skaters in the league.

Definitely room to improve on the offensive side, but this fan base was definitely frustrated with him after a couple of blunders and overall weak playoff performance.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Mcleod, Cloned gave the descriptors on. Tullio is hard working, a bit of a pest but it's mostly the compete and work rate you'll notice with him. Tough to crack our roster now so maybe they moved on from him. Not a bad prospect overall but maybe out due to the numbers game.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm pretty stunned, just saw that he had the cup of coffee with Rochester and managed 5 pts. in 6 games for them. There must be something else here, because that kid was a highly regarded prospect. Great speed, great offensive instincts.. darkhorse even to make the team?? Pretty incredible trade return.
A dark horse only due to depth and wanting to play more experienced guys, maybe. I think most expected he would make the Sabres opening roster.

Reactions: Aerrol

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
McLeod is a sufficient 3rd line C that skates like the wind. Doesn't like contact. Good defensively and a very good pk guy. Good at the dot. Not great offense, but with good offensive players can chip in. Tullio, I don't think will play for you in Buffalo. He will likely always be a AHL or call up guy.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Pretty decisive hockey trade win here for Jackson, like damn.. I thought he was pretty much done after the FA signings, and would be putting in the work for the GM search. This kid is a top flight prospect. Great speed, attacking offence, high work rate.. just wow. In shock still.

Reactions: Aerrol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad