GDT: Edm at Car

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I don't know if it's conspiracy, or an attempt to keep a tough guy image, or what, but I do not understand how nhl refs can let monster hits go uncalled and call the tiniest little stick infractions in the same game. I guarantee mcdavid barely felt the hook they called on aho, yet nino gets sent into the stands and nothing. I don't get it

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I don't think Nino even makes that hit if the original one gets called. When you watch the replay, you clearly see him stop, look around, and realize the ref who watched the whole thing happen wasn't going to do a thing about it. So he decides he's going to stand up for himself, does the exact same thing, and somehow that was different.

I'm not one to bitch about the refs, but you can lay that one squarely at their feet.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't know if it's conspiracy, or an attempt to keep a tough guy image, or what, but I do not understand how nhl refs can let monster hits go uncalled and call the tiniest little stick infractions in the same game. I guarantee mcdavid barely felt the hook they called on aho, yet nino gets sent into the stands and nothing. I don't get it

Seriously. They seem to treat McDavid like a god or something. Whoever touches him has to die...or at least go to the box to think about what he's done...it's ridiculous. What a clown show.

Reactions: zman77 and Tryamw

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
what was the penalty there exactly? You can't knock a guy down?

I just re-watched this. Absolutely no penalty happened there. Nino went around the front of McDavid's body to get the puck. His stick never hit him and he didn't pull him down with his arm either. Such a bull**** superstar call and a shameless dive from #97.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
We also got stupid lucky a couple minutes after that when somebody straight up whiffed at the blue line trying to keep a puck in. That could've been a breakaway.

We whiff at more pucks and have more pucks bounce over our sticks than any other team I watch regularly. It's either the worst puck luck in the universe or they need to be practicing some real basic **** more often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad