Proposal: EDM-ANH

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Teams only move young roster players for rentals if the young guy is blocked behind too much depth, or hasn't been able to carve out a role, which is obviously not the case here. The Oilers have plenty of other prospects who would interest the Ducks but are further from being key to their current lineup. Anaheim should focus their sights on Savoie.

This is true. It’s arguable that Helleson to Anaheim made the most sense because it was the faster track to the NHL. And with a log jam in Colorado on the defensive side of things with the club. Good point, and well stated

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Once the Oilers are healthy, they don't really have a strong need for forwards, especially giving up good assets for a rental. There likely isn't going to be a worthwhile goalie that will be willing to go to Edmonton for the Oilers to trade for at the deadline so if they can add maybe a depth forward with some term and a d-man, that is the only thing that is likely worthwhile for the Oilers to do this deadline.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Prob not the best year for oilers to make big moves… they prob don’t really have a shot vs Calgary wild blues or Colorado

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Out of everyone available/potentially available in Anaheim, I'd think Rakell is pretty low on Edmonton's list. Manson (pre-trade), Lindholm, and Gibson would be significantly higher in terms of needs for the team. They should be able to add "lower" end forwards (average 2nd liners) to McDavid/Drai and still score enough goals to win.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Prob not the best year for oilers to make big moves… they prob don’t really have a shot vs Calgary wild blues or Colorado

I don't disagree. LA or Vegas would probably be a pretty even series but we're a tier behind the best right now.

Also might not be popular but I'd much rather give up a first than Ryan McLeod. Kid is so close to unlocking his potential, you see it every time you watch him play. He's going to be a keeper.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't disagree. LA or Vegas would probably be a pretty even series but we're a tier behind the best right now.

Also might not be popular but I'd much rather give up a first than Ryan McLeod. Kid is so close to unlocking his potential, you see it every time you watch him play. He's going to be a keeper.
I don’t really get the not moving 1st mindset… I feel like guys like Holloway savoi McLeod and players that can fill in the roster the next year or 2 should be the ones you hold onto

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I don’t really get the not moving 1st mindset… I feel like guys like Holloway savoi McLeod and players that can fill in the roster the next year or 2 should be the ones you hold onto

I don’t either. If Lindholm is moving you put that 1st on the trade no question. Obviously he cost more than just the first but point being. He’d fill a major hole and justify the cost/risk. A guy like Rakell doesn’t move the needle.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Holland seems to have this mindset of "if we're not a Cup contender why do anything to make this team better" citing Evander Kane's addition in-season without having to give anything up. It's a stupid mindset, IMO. I agree with not moving the first for a rental, but not every trade has to be for a rental.

The writing is kind of on the wall that all we're going to do Monday is trade for a depth defenceman, probably LD.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
It's not very often that a player drafted outside of the first round and developed by the Oilers turns out as good as McLeod. No way they're trading him for a rental forward.

Trading McLeod right now for a winger is a lateral move at best right now given how he can play all 3 forward positions.
TBH, I don't understand why people are proposing Edmonton giving up assets for forwards.

Reactions: TFHockey

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Sorry this offended you. Struggle to see where he'd fit in the Ducks lineup currently and long term. I'd prefer Anaheim to acquire draft capital.
A NHL player that can play centre , has played up in the line up as a winger and looked good doing so and is defensively sound does fit into a non playoffs teams future ? You guys must be stacked !

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad