Proposal: EDM | ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Ducks fans think Comtois is the/one of the main chips in an Eichel trade so I can't see this going over very well.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Edmonton has a much better chance of acquiring Rakell or Manson at the deadline and candidly, I would think they would be a better fit for a playoff push.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Comtois is an amazing well rounded two way forward. He was the best player on the Ducks last season and he's only 22 years old.

He'd be a massive addition to Edmonton's roster, but it's going to cost. Yamamoto is a fine compliment player, but that alone is not nearly enough for a deal
They would want a young prime asset(s) in return, like a Broberg+, Holloway+, or even Bouchard+

But Comtois is the definition of the type of player the Ducks want as their identity. He's likely a building block they won't swap

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
The only way I see Comtois being traded to Edmonton would be as part of a massive deal for Draisaitl, which is probably not something Edmonton is interested in at this time.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
So the Ducks give up both better players. Nice.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The Oilers are trying to move into contender status, they don't need the type of forwards that Anaheim has (young, emerging), and Anaheim needs those guys anyway, so the only trade that makes sense is to make a move for Gibson, but there are conflicting reports on what his status is in Anaheim. If he asked for a trade last year like was reported, I could see a trade working between the two teams, but if not, Anaheim just gets worse by trading him and having no goalie of the present to take over from him, so I don't think there is much to discuss between these two teams outside of "how many first rounders is fair for Gibson".

Yamamoto isn't the centrepiece to any significant trade right now. He's a likable player, but isn't going to have a ton of interest due to his lack of size and inconsistent production.

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
oh boy. Thats a bad deal for the Ducks - Oilers fan
P.S. No interest in Gibson. The Oilers have had equally bad teams but still got better goaltending than he's given the past two seasons

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
This thread is so 2010-12 for me. Going back to looking to try and get a real first line let alone depth and a blue line. I think Anaheim is ahead of us at that time in that they have a goalie spot locked with Term which is nice.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
oh boy. Thats a bad deal for the Ducks - Oilers fan
P.S. No interest in Gibson. The Oilers have had equally bad teams but still got better goaltending than he's given the past two seasons

Am I misreading this or are you saying the Oilers have been as bad as the Ducks the last 2 seasons? If that is the case then you are watching a different Ducks team then I have been watching...

Gibson started both of the last 2 season absolutely on fire and single handily winning games for the Ducks. I can't blame him at all for not standing on his head for the whole season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad