Proposal: EDM | ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Comtois trending very up, had great season last, looked very good at WCs,

he is a bit younger and a lot bigger than Yamamato

aside from EO fans want him, why should this happen?

Reactions: Duck Off

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like yam…. But I like comtois a lot more

would take a lot for me to get encouraged to move comtois, he was 1 of the only bright spots on a very poor ducks team

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I’d say yes to the first but would be much more interested in moving a package for Gibson

Gibson & Comtois for McDavid...

/for balance sake, we can't have only Anaheim fans saying 'get the hell out of here with that offer' in this thread, this should help even out the outrage

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Gibson & Comtois for McDavid...

/for balance sake, we can't have only Anaheim fans saying 'get the hell out of here with that offer' in this thread, this should help even out the outrage

I’d didn’t make an offer. I said I’d trade a package for him. Never even mentioned a single piece but sure contribute as you see fit

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
1st is an easy no, much prefer to keep Comtois.

2nd is worse, Marody is Groulx four years in the future if he doesn't pan out. Groulx is only heading into year two of his ELC and can crack the NHL lineup at some point this season.

Reactions: Getz2noone

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Anaheim declines.

Comtois would be a great addition, really like his play and also how he played at the IIHF WHC this year as well.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim declines.

Comtois would be a great addition, really like his play and also how he played at the IIHF WHC this year as well.
I do think Comtois would be fantastic in edmonton... but i also think hes 1 of the only offensive wingers we have to put on Zegras wing... and stylistically they are a really good fit together.

Comtois has soft hands, good shot, and good skating for a big guy... goes to the dirty areas for tap ins/easy goals

Zegras has great puck handling and vision, and elite passing, which makes Comtois a perfect fit on his left side.

Now we just need to find that pure sniper, Maybe Perreault in a year. Rakell/Terry prob get looks until then.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
No. But imagine for moment that McDavid is passing the puck to Comtois, it would be like prime level Crosby with prime level Kunitz.
Kunitz/Crosby won 3 cups together.
Comtois could get to 35-40 goals with McDavid feeding him the puck as well as being his bodyguard and dropping the gloves when needed.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
As much as I like the little bugger, very few people would say Comtois is not equal to or marginally better than Yamamoto in a much bigger package. Plus he’s home-grown. Ducks decline quickly.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Anaheim doesn’t do either deal, Comtois isn’t available unless he’s being used in a package to get a young, high end talent.

I mean this is pretty much how every fan base feels about their prospects.

I agree Yammamoto isn't the main value piece in a Comtois return though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean this is pretty much how every fan base feels about their prospects.

I agree Yammamoto isn't the main value piece in a Comtois return though.
Meh comtois was our leading scorer last year…. Wouldn’t really call him a prospect…. I have a hard time putting him in potential eichel trades

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad