Confirmed with Link: [EDM/ANA] Gernat and EDM 4th '16 for Patrick Maroon (25% ret.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
just to piss off replacement who LOVES Maroon and DESPISES Maroon 5.

Even Maroon doesn't strike me as the type to listen to that whinining syncophant gibberish.

cue old guy complaining to the clouds gif..:laugh:

Nah, that isn't an old fart complaint. Maroon 5 is just plain awful.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
uefgju5.jpg

like you aren't asking for it

edit: Yeah this is pretty terrible. But it had to happen

lol amazing

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Lucic - McDavid - Kassian
Maroon - RNH - Eberle
Pouliot - Draisaitl - Laine

What kind of d can we get with Hall and Yak? I love Hall but look at that meat and potatoes!

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Personally I would not move hall for lucic...maybe at one point I wanted to out of desparation for toughness but not at his 6 million salary. Khaira, Maroon, Kassian, Pouliot is already a shepards pie of hockey players. Overpaying for Lucic is less of a necessity now and was likely never a great idea but maybe I'm wrong.

I'd think even though Hall has trailed off a bit he is basically just coming back down to lucic's level. He may not be as intimidating or dominant on the boards but he has speed way beyond lucic and probably a similar iq.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Nah, that isn't an old fart complaint. Maroon 5 is just plain awful.

heh, yep, nice to see taste hasn't died. Thanks for getting my back last night btw.

cheers

Anyway we get to see what a Maroon tomorrow. Love the player. Going to be fun times. Bash!

With some muscle in the lineup hopefully we're getting closer to the heart of where we have assumed control..

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
just to piss off replacement who LOVES Maroon and DESPISES Maroon 5.

Even Maroon doesn't strike me as the type to listen to that whinining syncophant gibberish.

cue old guy complaining to the clouds gif..:laugh:

Every time this song comes on the radio I want to shove sharp objects in my ears.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If Maroon can stay motivated and confident in the top 6 look out. Guy is a beast down low and in front of the net, soft hands, soft stick and a smart player in the offensive zone. I think Serdachny and Pelletier can clean up his skating a bit too.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
If Maroon can stay motivated and confident in the top 6 look out. Guy is a beast down low and in front of the net, soft hands, soft stick and a smart player in the offensive zone. I think Serdachny and Pelletier can clean up his skating a bit too.

It's hilarious to think previous management never tried to address the lack of cycle play. For how bad the defense and goaltending has been during our failed rebuilds, the oilers powerhouse offense has also been inept.

Maroon has the ability to play up and down the lineup because of his down low play. Huge pickup for such a versatile player.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I loved him Since seeing him in the playoffs but I'm just noticing how awful his skating is.. Guy can barely do a crossover :laugh:

Yeah, but at least he gives a rip, and whatever he lacks in speed, he makes up for it in brawn and his hands. How amazing to see both skill and tenacity in the same player...

It's tempting to make an anti-Eberle joke here, but I won't... :naughty:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I loved him Since seeing him in the playoffs but I'm just noticing how awful his skating is.. Guy can barely do a crossover :laugh:

Enjoy.... :laugh::laugh::laugh: I literally can skate backwards better than him.

He is so good behind the net though I will miss him here.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
it was a great trade before he played a shift.
you're right, though as a few games in and it does look brilliant.

Just a solid hockey trade. Still can't believe that Anaheim retained.
Still can't believe that they were willing to trade him before the playoffs.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Doesnt really surpise me to see him have these points. Lowest s% in league almost this year on Anahiem and playing in bottom 6.

Give him good linemates and get a bit lucky with S% increase and youll see him put up some good points

This trade is nothing but solid

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I feel so bad for Maroon. Goes from a team with a legitimate chance to win a Stanley Cup, to the bottom of the barrel. Loving the trade but you can tell he's in 'grin and bear it' mode when being interviewed.

Hopefully this team can win games next season before his soul is crushed.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I feel so bad for Maroon. Goes from a team with a legitimate chance to win a Stanley Cup, to the bottom of the barrel. Loving the trade but you can tell he's in 'grin and bear it' mode when being interviewed.

Was probably going to be dealt anyway. Went from a forgotten bottom line player on contender (but West will be a bloodbath this playoffs) to be beloved and in top 6 of bad team. Can work wonders for ones ego to be a very important piece of a team, especially a young and emerging team

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Was probably going to be dealt anyway. Went from a forgotten bottom line player on contender (but West will be a bloodbath this playoffs) to be beloved and in top 6 of bad team. Can work wonders for ones ego to be a very important piece of a team, especially a young and emerging team

That ego can be trashed rather quickly on the Oilers, a team known for crushing the very life out of players.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
That ego can be trashed rather quickly on the Oilers, a team known for crushing the very life out of players.

Different managment and coaching. A GM that is actually willingly to go out and acquire good players. Life was crushed out of players when they were relied on to carry the team with no support

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton

Not sure. I totally agree that upon learning of the deal he'd have been devastated. Not to mention he's flown back to Edmonton from being only on the road with his new teammates to more snow and cold. Lol

And yeah, he's of course going to say all the right things in interviews, but he simply doesn't strike me as being that upset at present. Seems to be a pretty receptive dressing room and he seems happy being paired with Hall and Drai. The grin sure looks legit when his line scores a goal.

No doubt everyone wants to play for a winner, but there appears to be some authentic happiness about fitting in as a top 6 forward, having a chance to again play alongside better players after having been bumped down in Anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad