Confirmed with Link: [EDM/ANA] Gernat and EDM 4th '16 for Patrick Maroon (25% ret.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I don't think speed is going to be a big issue here. You don't need all 3 forwards hitting the blueline at the same time. It is ok to have a guy trailing the play.

I think our D are going to love this move. Everybody is so quick to point out how our D don't help our forwards by moving the puck well. Truth is our forwards don't help our D either. A quick shot off a rush and our D are forced to defend again. Having a guy like Maroon grinding out 20-30 second shifts in the offensive zone will give our D a bit of a breather and help them out tremendously.

I'm a fan of the trade.

Tazer19

May 24, 2012
Good cycle game. Physical player. Good "team" guy. check, check, check.

We just watched this guy clown our AHL D the other night. You can't get the puck off this kid down low. Put him with Drai, or McDavid and watch the space open up for our guys in the O zone. Chemistry in a cycle game shouldn't be hard to come by. It's a system, every team plays it more, or less the same way.

Any chance he laces them up for tomorrow nights game agains the Sabres? I got tickets so i'd love to see him in there. the long awaited McDavid/Eichel show down.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Adding him just makes Kassian that much more liberal with his devestating hits. He knows he has another legit tough sob who plays a similar game...everyone just felt safer playing their game after acquiring this guy. Trickle down effect could be more then we realize

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Adding him just makes Kassian that much more liberal with his devestating hits. He knows he has another legit tough sob who plays a similar game...everyone just felt safer playing their game after acquiring this guy. Trickle down effect could be more then we realize

This here is the key;

Now we have;

Gryba
Kass
Nurse
Maroon
Hendricks

Taking care of business..

You walk taller, and the whole team does, when you have toughness that can play in the lineup.

This is what this club was missing for years when they went looking for idiots like Ben Eager, and Mike Brown, and Gazdik. Those guys hardly ever play so its no benefit at all.

The guys we got now can actually play, and a lot of minutes.

RNH is going to come back and wonder team he's on.;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Maroon is one tough customer. There's a handful of fights on YouTube and he wins most of them. Glad we got him.

I watched probably 15 of his fights today/tonight to get a read on how good of a scrapper he is. He tends to have a tough time with solid light heavies and of course really high end heavies or just tough, tough guys like McQuaid. I'd say that he's not as good of a fighter as Kassian is (but close) but he is a better fighter than Gryba is. He definitely adds another willing combatant and brings toughness as well as a guy that will stand up for teammates. He is very strong on his skates but doesn't have the same kind of KO power that guys like Gazdic possess.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I watched probably 15 of his fights today/tonight to get a read on how good of a scrapper he is. He tends to have a tough time with solid light heavies and of course really high end heavies or just tough, tough guys like McQuaid. I'd say that he's not as good of a fighter as Kassian is (but close) but he is a better fighter than Gryba is. He definitely adds another willing combatant and brings toughness as well as a guy that will stand up for teammates. He is very strong on his skates but doesn't have the same kind of KO power that guys like Gazdic possess.
Don't care if he fights just want to watch him squash Gaudreau like the little bug he is.:naughty:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Don't care if he fights just want to watch him squash Gaudreau like the little bug he is.:naughty:

He does fight, Gaudreau is a guy that guys like Hall, RNH, McDavid or Nurse would need to hit squarely because of how shifty he is.

McDeathbyCheerios*

He does fight, Gaudreau is a guy that guys like Hall, RNH, McDavid or Nurse would need to hit squarely because of how shifty he is.
I wonder if Maroon could catch him.

I still wish Nurse would hit him good once. He has the speed to do so

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Great move, he's exactly the type of player we need, without giving up much. Big bruiser with good hands down low. Can play pretty much on any line and only costing us 1.5 mill.

Past regime addressed toughness by bringing in goons who couldn't do much else, chia is bringing in tough guys who can actually play hockey. It's been a long time since the trade deadline left me smiling. Good moves all around.

The Canucks holding on to their UFA's also helped.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'd keep him for Bakersfield, if possible.
5DOR4NB.gif

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Even with the deals today, the Ducks have 14 guys under contract next season for $52.65mil. They have RFA's in Rakell, Andersen, Vatanen and Lindholm with 18.7mil in cap space. So even then it's gonna be a tight squeeze.

Indeed.

This is going to be an interesting summer. :D

Regarding Maroon....I wouldnt at all be surprised to see him take a page out of Hendricks off ice regime and come in about 5-10lbs lighter next season.
He would still be an effective physical player at 200-225lbs and that should help his quickness as well.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

Thats all its about, win or lose. No one gives you a hard time (well they think twice) if they know you will fight.

Light heavies are very dangerous guys.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Absolutely love this move (and the pickups to a lesser extent). This team just got harder to play against, and a solid push toward a 'hybrid' cycle/rush style game which isn't just reliant on the rush.

I have faith that Chia will continue to deliver.

Maroon is going to be a good trooper. That retention too. :laugh:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Thanks for the link. Love the golf course selfie interview. Seems like a guy who might have something to prove. We could absolutely use a few of those.
As for Gernat ... anyone else remember the good old days when Marincin and Gernat were going to be the future of our blueline? So long boys.
Your otherwise hilarious joke was spoiled by the fact that you failed to spell MacTavish correctly.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Thanks for the link. Love the golf course selfie interview. Seems like a guy who might have something to prove. We could absolutely use a few of those.
As for Gernat ... anyone else remember the good old days when Marincin and Gernat were going to be the future of our blueline? So long boys.
Your otherwise hilarious joke was spoiled by the fact that you failed to spell MacTavish correctly.

Instead of being MCMacTavish just shortened to MCtavish?

As for the trade I love it. Just a perfect fit for this team for very cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad