Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
This team has barely 1 serviceable center. Not like we didn’t have 5-6 years to prepare for bergy and krejci retiring. This is on Donny and Seabass
You are 100% right. Everybody keeps talking about the players but it’s the two idiots at the top that put them there. It’s not gonna happen, but I would love to see both of them gone.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Yup the refs suck and they helped screw us over, but that's hockey and complaining about it we sound like Vancouver sounded when we beat them for the cup. The Big Bad Panthers are just really good at what they do and have more talent.

They are coached to be dirty (think back to when Maurice coached Winnipeg, they were dirty too, it's what he teaches) but they are smart dirty and they are in the Bruins heads as a result.

If we had more offensive talent the good effort to start this game was there and maybe we'd have buried them but alas we do not have that talent and we can't really play at that speed for 3 full periods. We just aren't that good.

A lot of guys worked hard tonight though. They didn't quit, and you have to admire that. Oh, and they beat the Leafs.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
It's a one goal game and at least one goal was given to the other team.

To pretend the refs didn't decide that game is frankly dumb.

Are there things the Bruins could have done better? Yes, that's how sports work. There were plenty of things Florida could have done better too.

So, becuase it's ac lose game and both teams were not perfect, does that mean the refs can just do whatever they want to decide the game and no one can mention it? Yeah, that makes sense.
Did any player show any bit of extended effort or fight in the 3rd period in your opinion?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Florida is a better team guys. I know it sucks to see these bad calls, but Florida out shot and out chanced them.
No doubt. Much better team.

Just so frustrating to see that the refs and League obviously feel the same way, so make sure B’s don’t steal a game from a team that had the lead — even if they didn’t necessarily deserve that lead.

NHL should just step in and call off the rest of the Series to save Florida’s energy for NYR.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I am sadden that the Bruins lack the talent to be competitive.

I never thought that the Bruins would beat Forida and have said so all along.

Why fans get excited about an extension for Zacha, is beyond me, he should have never been taken from the Devils.

I no longer think there will be a game 7. I am recinding that.

Fenway you trips are ending after this one.

As for next season, there is a clean house required IMO start with Neely, Sweeney and Montgomery and then into the player mix.

I know it is a Cap problem. Who created that?

I know it is because we don't draft well, who does that, who has that job, why are they still here?

That's enough for now.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
I’m at the point where I think the Lindholm deal was an even bigger mistake than I already thought it was at the time
The biggest mistake was giving Mac that contract. I said it when he got it and I’ll say it again… he will never be worth what he got paid. He is useless on the PP a turnover machine and cannot elevate his game when it matter the most. He has been so terrible this post season.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
5 shots Period 1
2 shots Period 3

Bad coverage by Florida on Pasta blast. Not really much of a great set up or anything.

Carlo throws one towards the net after ricochet off Florida skate.

All goals count, so good we shot. But we don’t have any offense flow at all. Lots of lunch league hockey where someone tries to take it further than they actually can. Leafs to your teammates watching you.

We need something different to beat these guys.

Time for a lineup of Gryz, Shattenkirk, and Forbort. McAvoy Lindholm Carlo. Dress a 7th D so we can adjust. Either Lohrei or Wotherspoon. I would not play Peeke.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Refs made some terrible calls, but for a 3rd straight game we couldn't manage 20 shots on goal. Can't win if you can't score, and you can't score if you don't shoot
They DID score and they WERE leading until that debacle of a call. Everyone understands more shots, blah blah blah. In the playoffs, all that matters is a win. With Swayman playing so well, it was quite possible the Bruins could have held on and won that game.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Funniest is Zacha who before the game said there would be push back and physical play and proceeded to just hide like all the rest of the games. I guess he meant someone else would do it not him.
Talk is cheap

The only good thing about this series is that management should have a pretty good idea who are playoff type players and who aren't

..most of them aren't

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
This should really be all of us.

When Bergeron retired no one thought we'd have the regular season we had, and then to win a 1st round series for the first time in years to boot.
It will be once the season is done, but it’s a microcosm right now as last game is closest event that happened. Most would say this season was a success despite the lack of top centers. This off season they’ll hopefully fix the issues with finally having cap space. But right now it’s about last game and the next game, and my emotion will relate to the wins and losses while posting

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The far better team is going to win this series.

Much more high end talent, more depth, better coaching, more effort and better system. It’s obvious.

Sucks to have to play the refs too, but if you can’t muster 20 shots on the regular, you’re just not nearly good enough.

Make some sweeping changes.
And more well rounded. They aren't simply just a talented bunch, but they're tenacious, and they're well built. The physicality across the board sets them far apart from the Boston 'Ruins.

• Haha
Reactions: Maine Fan

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Your positive attitude is great BUT Florida is much better than Boston and we are also playing against the officials. 22 penalties for Bosto ln and 11 for Florida. Terrible officiating, the. You throw in the lack of talent Boston has along with a team that doesn’t shoot and there’s your recipe to get embarrassed 5 games
But they aren’t. I went Friday and sat close. They aren’t some juggernaut. We’re gassed and they have decent size.

Plus they are getting every call imaginable.

I think we’ll take them next year. This series isn’t totally over but if we couldn’t win up 2-0 early hard to see us taking 3 straight.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I said going into the playoffs that they had exceeded my expectations, but a series win would’ve been nice.

I got that.

They just don’t have the horses to overcome these obviously better teams.

Still can’t get over the lack of fight though. Just makes me sad. We are always beat over the head about what a “great room” they have and yet no fight? Like barely anything? Bums me out.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The first officiating mistake was the ref 2 feet from Bennett failing to call cross check. He could have touched Bennett but seems to look away?

Team has no extra gear. No real gameplan, every player unsure where they are to go.

"are my methods unsound?"

"I don't see any method at all, sir."
This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad