Post-Game Talk: ECSF | Game 4 | 5/22 | Penguins @ Senators

rbkhockey29

May 3, 2007
Maryland
Puck management is on a beer league level. Ive never seen such horrid giveaways by a team in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs... ever. And don't get me started on missing the net in prime scoring areas.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
By the way this series seals the fact that Gonchar won't be back and the team might miss him at first but it will be better for the long run. It reminds me of Kuba last season where he had a good regular season but reverted back to bad Kuba in the playoffs. Thankfully Murray didn't fall in love with Kuba and jump the gun on an extension. I see it being a situation where the next team that Gonchar goes to will turn on him as fast as the panthers turned on Kuba. Believe me when I say it won't take us long to be happy that he's not with us next season. I expect him to fall off as fast as Kuba did when he left.

As for Cowen's struggles it's possible he's just not at 100 percent and tried to rush back to help us get into the playoffs. I honestly don't believe he's 100 percent and when the series ends we will find out that he wasn't completely healthy. He did have a bit of a struggle last year too in the playoffs but that is part of being a rookie as well. I expect him to bounce back and return to the old Cowen next season.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Well said.

Still so disappointing though. The Pens are a strong team...to see the refs turning a blind eye to their antics and calling all our gaffs just adds a few tons of salt into the wound. It's not like the goddammed Penguins need the refs help to win. If the Sens lost purely by their own hand, and the officiating was consistent, I'd at least feel a bit better about things.

As they are right now, no matter how good we get, we'll always be the small market Canadian team against the world.

I do agree with you, that the refs are atrocious in this series, Pittsburgh know they have a very good PP, and they do play the role of the victim a lot, to try in get PP chances, and the worst part is that it works.

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
Erin Nicks ‏@erinnicks 26m
Alfie when asked if they can come back. "Probably not. They have too much depth." #Sens
Expand
:(
It's not over until it's over.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Did we change our game plan? Even with the lead I saw us consistently rush the puck into htie zone with 4 players only to lose it and have a crazy counter attack of 3 on 1s and 2 on 0s going at Andy. He kept us in it for the first two periods but he's only human. I'd like him back in it for game 5.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Pens fan coming to applaud the effort by a young team that will clearly be really good in the next couple years and fans that stayed until the final whistle in a blowout

Had the circumstances been reversed I guarantee that Consol Energy Center would have been half empty at the end

Bravo Sens fans. :handclap:

No offense to you personally, but I hate the Pens and their fans. The Pens are scum. Your GM is scum for continuing to give Matt Cooke a job. Brooks Orpik is scum for constantly throwing big his with no regard for whether the guy he's hitting is vulnerable, and then not fighting. Crosby is scum for going after Alfie with cross checks while Sid himself has almost his entire face covered, and just generally throwing hissy fits and taking liberties while knowing that anyone who touches him will basically get axed by the league and the media. Cooke is scum because he is Cooke.

You have a very talented team in terms of skill, but most of your roster is scum to me. Not Kunitz though. I like Kunitz. He's got some guts.

Sens aren't out of this yet. Let's be as pesky as possible, and try to force game 6.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Some facts:

1) This roster will be competitive in a few years, even if we have zero additions through draft, UFA or trade. If we add, we're a contender over the next two seasons.
2) Andy is elite. He is the sens goalie for the next five years, and should still be in his prime when this team is ready to compete.
3) Sens young players are the "right" type of players. No primadonnas, just two-way hard workers.
4) We need one or two more Chris Neil type players.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
No offense to you personally, but I hate the Pens and their fans. The Pens are scum. Your GM is scum for continuing to give Matt Cooke a job. Brooks Orpik is scum for constantly throwing big his with no regard for whether the guy he's hitting is vulnerable, and then not fighting. Crosby is scum for going after Alfie with cross checks while Sid himself has almost his entire face covered, and just generally throwing hissy fits and taking liberties while knowing that anyone who touches him will basically get axed by the league and the media. Cooke is scum because he is Cooke.

You have a very talented team in terms of skill, but most of your roster is scum to me. Not Kunitz though. I like Kunitz. He's got some guts.

Sens aren't out of this yet. Let's be as pesky as possible, and try to force game 6.

And if the scenario was the exact opposite, you would have praised Alfie. Let's not be hypocrites.

It probably ends on Friday, but I'm so ****ing proud of this team for what they have done. I did not expect 2nd round, so any Sens hockey at this point is just a bonus. :)

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Some facts:

1) This roster will be competitive in a few years, even if we have zero additions through draft, UFA or trade.
2) Andy is elite. He is the sens goalie for the next five years, and should still be in his prime when this team is ready to compete.
3) Sens young players are the "right" type of players. No primadonnas, just two-way hard workers.
4) We need one or two more Chris Neil type players.
With 4)

I'd rather have one or two more Jason Spezza types personally.

:)

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
****ing A, Alfie. And if anyone wants to get their panties in a knot because he answered honestly, well they can go suck it. Yeah, you don't expect to hear the truth do you? He should smile and lie and give you a standard response. Why ask the question if you know the answer you're supposed to get? Just more going through the motions. And you know what, if I'm Alfie I'm sick to death of everyone around me going through the goddamned motions.

Seriously, the guy has shown up for work and done everything he damn well could for years. He's put this team on his back and been held back by the likes of Yashin, Heatley, and Lalime, and Emery, and Martin, and Clouston... whole organization going through the motions. Oh well, maybe next year. "Thanks for giving 110%, Alfie. Especially since I gave 90%," said Gonchar, or maybe Havlat, or maybe Hasek.

Alfie has been let down. He deserves a better effort. So when he says, "Probably not." He's right and that's honest and real. He'll give it everything he has and it probably won't be enough and his team will lose. Because he knows, better than any of the fools with the mics, that the guys in that room - they're not going to do enough to win this series unless they do as much as him. And they're probably not going to do that, are they?

Praise Alfie. Man,the guy is my hero.

Milan the God*

amazing post game press conference by MacLean. Absolutely amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad