GDT: ECSF - Game 3: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Rangers, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I expected a 6 or 7 game series. Canes down 3 0 is not a good look.

Carolina may have to stop trading players away once they want to get paid. Might have to break there internal rules.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
You can’t justify bringing the coach back. You keep getting curb stomped while outshooting the other team 2:1 every year. Doesn’t work.

Reactions: Negan4Coach

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I honestly hope Brind'Amour gets fired. As an Isles fan I truly feel if we can just face that team under a different coach and new system we could actually beat them. I cannot see how he survives being swept here. 99 out of 100 teams are firing the coach here

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
1715307728341.png

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
This is why there's lies, damn lies and statistics. It doesn't matter if you shoot 100 times if all of them are weaksauce and from the perimeter against an all world goalie who is on. That is never how you win in the playoffs. And this isn't new. This Carolina group of players has always done this.
I've said from day 1 (well, last few years of Carolina's success) that they're probably the deepest team in the nhl but lack the high end horses to win it in the clutch in the playoffs. Aho is good, but they needed more. Guentzel was a nice addition but it doesn't move the needle enough. Their top end is still weaker than every other top end in the playoffs (maybe Boston as well).

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I honestly hope Brind'Amour gets fired. As an Isles fan I truly feel if we can just face that team under a different coach and new system we could actually beat them. I cannot see how he survives being swept here. 99 out of 100 teams are firing the coach here

They’re probably too cheap to pay him either way

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
What did the Canes expect, same strategies of shooting perimeter shots every year and having an ex Toronto choker as their goalie

Igor is getting way too much credit. I can give credit where its due but he barely had to make more than 2 hard saves tonight. He was good in game 2 but IMO tonight he was barely a factor at all. NYR played by far their best game of this series

Reactions: leafsfan5

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
It feels so wrong wanting a New York team to win, but I enjoy seeing Carolina lose
It would feel equally gratifying to see either of them lose tbh. I'm pulling for Colorado to win the Cup if Florida advances

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Igor is getting way too much credit. I can give credit where its due but he barely had to make more than 2 hard saves tonight. He was good in game 2 but IMO tonight he was barely a factor at all. NYR played by far their best game of this series
Game one they were good too. Hurricanes had 13 shots with 10 mins left in the game. Today everyone will see the shots and assume the Hurricanes dominated . Which I think they did in the first period but not in the second or third. They had a bunch of perimeter shots and allowed high danger chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad