ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Is this a trend now to win the prez trophy one year and the cup the following year?
Win the president's trophy in April, get eliminated from the playoffs 2 weeks later, burn the president's trophy banner in October 🔥

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Ducks have an elite D playing on all different teams. Montour-Lindholm-Manson-Theodore

Fowler is still a really solid big minute Top-4D too.

It's just an impressive comedy of errors how they turned that defence corps into...what they have now. :laugh:

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Leafs need to find that extra gear. They were outplayed in the last series, but got bailed out by bad goaltending and favourable bounces. They need to figure out how to put together a full 60 minute effort if they have any ambitions to win the cup.
yeah i've never seen a team win it all getting out played as much as the leafs have. Leafs have some moments but they really need to step up their intensity because coasting won't win it all.

Reactions: Vegeta

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Leafs are so soft. They had no business winning round 1 and Tampa realistically should have won 4-1. And now in round 2 they are getting dominated. 🥴

Reactions: behemolari

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Toronto has NOTHING on Florida 5on5. Seems like even their stars know that, trying to dive all over the ice rather than working for it.
Florida is solid 5 on 5. Everybody should know that. Unfortunately, they like to take penalties and the refs don't mind calling them.

Reactions: dhfa

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Leafs lost game 1 last series. Lots of hockey left and the Panthers are lucky Bob kept them in the game early or it very easily could have been a 2 goal deficit 7 minutes into this game.

People rooting for the Panthers, I'm one of them but mainly because I want the Leafs to never win anything ever, need to chill a bit. They give up way too many chances vs. a team that has a ridiculous amount of skill. We'll see if Keefe can make some adjustments and it's really up to Marner and Nylander to grow as players and find the extra gear that is required for playoff success.

Reactions: RedRocking

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Florida is a stupidly good team, they were really underrated going into the playoffs, but they are literally built for this

behemolari

öh¨ns-ä
Dec 1, 2011
Leafs wont have help from refs? Feels weird you dont have to battle against both opposite and refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad