Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 8:11 PM - THE BEAR swims in the Everglades - ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Revenge series. Take absolutely no f***ing shit like last year. I mean it. They come at you, you come at them. Set the tone early. That yapper Tkachuk, keep your eyes on him and be ready. They're gonna be coming. No need to be afraid. We got nothing to lose. We're the underdogs now. Embrace it. Embrace the moment. And RISE to the occasion. This is a big opportunity here boys. Don't let it slip away. I wanna see the players who were struggling, get it going. A full team effort. Good passing. SHOOT THE PUCK. Get into the crease. Get in their heads. Give it all you got. New series. New season. New opportunity. Don't take it for granted. Believe! Let's get it!

giphy.gif

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bruins finished 1 pt behind Florida in the regular season standings.

I don't see this as the Bruins being some huge underdogs if you look at how each team did over a the full 82.

Should be an even matchup if the Bruins play to their potential. If they mail it in like they did for stretches against Toronto then it could be over quick.

Florida obviously has the fact they won last year, the cup final trip, and then looking solid in the first round this year.

Boston coming off almost shitting themselves a 2nd year in a row so it doesn't surprise me that "experts" prefer Florida.

Florida D and top 9F are clearly better than Boston. Better chance of Fla in 5 than
a 7 game Florida win, never mind Boston win.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Why not us? It’s like they say, when the playoffs start everyone is back to square one. I think Linus will start tonight and as much as I love Sway, give him a little break before throwing him back into the fray. They can do this!! Let’s fk’n go!! Just win boys and we don’t care how you do it! Go Bruins!!

Reactions: BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Florida D and top 9F are clearly better than Boston. Better chance of Fla in 5 than
a 7 game Florida win, never mind Boston win.
Gonna find out .Stay on right side of puck battles it will go more then 5

This 2nd round schedule is weird. Both the Oilers and Canucks finished their respective series before the Bruins did, but their Game 1 isn't until Thursday.
They play Wednesday

Reactions: Olden McGroin

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
They have a great team with tons of depth and made it to the conference finals last year. They are a team built for the playoffs. They deserve the high expectations.

I could see it being a tight series or a Florida blow out depending on which version of the Bruins show up.
Sorry to nit-pick, but I think they made it to the Stanley Cup Finals last year>

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd go with Ullmark in Game 1 and give Swayman a rest for Game 2. If we can steal 1 of the next 2, I'm more than fine. I'm kinda writing off Game 1 and hoping to steal one on Wednesday.
Well...it is not like Linus plays poor. I wouldn't let him get too cold.

I have faith in both net minders.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Revenge series. Take absolutely no f***ing shit like last year. I mean it. They come at you, you come at them. Set the tone early. That yapper Tkachuk, keep your eyes on him and be ready. They're gonna be coming. No need to be afraid. We got nothing to lose. We're the underdogs now. Embrace it. Embrace the moment. And RISE to the occasion. This is a big opportunity here boys. Don't let it slip away. I wanna see the players who were struggling, get it going. A full team effort. Good passing. SHOOT THE PUCK. Get into the crease. Get in their heads. Give it all you got. New series. New season. New opportunity. Don't take it for granted. Believe! Let's get it!

View attachment 865844

I think passing is key. In game 7 it seemed as though they just threw the puck blindly at the net, resulting in blocks, misses and easy saves. I'm certainly not advocating for passing up a good shot when it's there, but there are 4 other players on the ice with you. Use them. Make the other team respect both the pass and the shot and get the goaltender moving side to side.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wish we got a few more days off between games for the start of this series. The NHL schedule is always a mystery to me.

Still it’s on to round two and anything can happen

Let’s go Bruins!!!!
I thought this and then remembered that it seems like the Bs played better when they had many games in few days.

Who knows.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: