Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They probably sent to the video to the same person in the department of player safety and Toronto nhl office that said Marchand wasn't going to be suspended for shoving a ref.
Give it a rest - your team and Marchand are out. No need to keep telling us how much he bothers you.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Tnt/Tbs showed it right before game 4. Clearly the footage was there on Friday but they didn’t want to release it for some reason.

Marchand was clearly concussed from it and they replayed him struggling to get up and on the bench a bunch of times.
If Marchand was “clearly concussed from it”, why was he allowed to continue playing?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Give

Give it a rest - your team and Marchand are out. No need to keep telling us how much he bothers you.
He got the punishment he deserved for trying to deliver a late hit when he should already be suspended a minimum of 10 games. The league bent the rulebook for.him and it back fired. He couldn't resist a chance to deliver a late hit and got blown up.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Not a panthers or bruins fan but wow the B’s are getting screwed

You’re not allowed to say that here. On the Marchand injury, the Bennett goal, etc etc etc despite virtually every media outlet outside of Florida seeing things the same way, you’re all wrong in this thread. That’s whining!

That said, the bruins are getting outplayed by a better team, we know that. They don’t stand a chance against this panthers squad.

If the panthers somehow do not win the cup this year, I will be extremely surprised. I know anything can happen but they are this years Vegas. I can’t see the rangers or any team out west even challenging them.

Reactions: bme44 and BruinLVGA

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
proxy-image.jpg

"How is that culture working out for ya?"

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
The goal counting was a weird call. Thought for sure it wouldn’t count based on what we’ve seen the league call in the past.

That being said coyle needs to dig his edges in there. Got caught sleeping.

Refs aside the panthers are moving the puck with purpose offensively on a different level then the bruins.

Swayman has kept this competitive. He is making great saves look casual. The side of the net tip by tkachuk stands out. Swayman has been locked and in perfect position . Scary goalie

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
They probably sent to the video to the same person in the department of player safety and Toronto nhl office that said Marchand wasn't going to be suspended for shoving a ref.
Marchand pushing the ref (more like nicely guided him) away from blocking the freaking door to the bench was a big nothing burger. There was no abuse of an official, nor any intention to do so, not even close. I can’t believe some tried to make a thing out of it. It is dumb. There was nothing to see there.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
TNT showed it briefly, but there was a hit Marchand through towards Stenlund later on in the game where Marchand got the brunt of it and left the game after that. Trying to find the clip

I saw that, and I think it was two hits. He never should have been allowed back in the game the way he wobbled off after the Bennet hit. Spotters should have sent him to the quiet room.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
He tried to check Bennett late and Bennett braced for it and blew him.up. did you ever play hockey? Do you know how to brace for a check and reverse check someone? It wasn' intent to injure but intent to protect himself from Marchand.
Absolutely, Marchand was going for a cheap shot/hit as he always does, he was the aggressor and got beat. It happens.....
The irony is the team and fanbase got all worked up expending all that energy about the play and now sit on the brink of elimination. They would have been better served figuring out how to beat Florida, instead of working the officiating, juvenile intimidation tactics that no one buys.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Lol did you watch the game before when Lauko got driven into Florida’s goalie by a Florida player and got a penalty?

Bruins have obviously been outplayed, but the officiating has been trash every game.
Except the 1st game probably hey?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Bruins fans feeling like they’re talking directly to themselves in this thread has me laughing my ass off
I have no idea what this means

Absolutely, Marchand was going for a cheap shot/hit as he always does, he was the aggressor and got beat. It happens.....
The irony is the team and fanbase got all worked up expending all that energy about the play and now sit on the brink of elimination. They would have been better served figuring out how to beat Florida, instead of working the officiating, juvenile intimidation tactics that no one buys.
These are the dumb takes. Just because a guy might be going in for some body contact (none was made) doesn't mean you automatically get to say he was gonna cheap shot Bennett. No. That's not how this works. The cheap shot was delivered by Sam Bennett. Easy suspension in a functional league.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Marchand has been trying to hurt people and lick their faces his own career. He tried to.blow up Bennett and got blown up. No tears for Marchand. Maybe he should have tried to stand up and fight Bennett but then he would get tuned again. Brad should already be suspended for shoving a ref .
I really in know way understand how any of this is relevant. The fact still remains Bennett sucker punched Marchand .

Reactions: BB79 and Johnnyduke

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I really in know way understand how any of this is relevant. The fact still remains Bennett sucker punched Marchand .
Is there evidence of this? I haven’t seen anything conclusive. In the replays I’ve seen it looks like Marchand ran at Bennet and clipped his head on the other player’s shoulder.

• Haha
Reactions: BTO, BB79 and bme44

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
That Bennett was “going to score that goal regardless” is moot. That’s got nothing to do with the rule. As has been posted multiple times in multiple threads.
I heard one analyst say that "Swayman could not have made the save" I agree, but had Coyle not been knocked out of the play it was just as likely he COULD have cleared that puck.

The NHL and its rationalizations are baffling to me, no real logic and zero consistency. I do not want to say there is bias, but to believe the pronouncements bends credulity oft times.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
The Bennett goal was the correct call. It was a puck battle in the crease and Bennett is entitled to battle for that space. If you call that nudge a 'crosscheck', then every puck battle along the boards or battle for positioning in front of the net will be penalized for crosschecking.
I think the latter part is what’s at stake. Do you set that precedent.?. is it a one off because it’s in a big moment.?Just a tricky situation that I don’t think is as black and white as people are making it out to be.

I said it in a previous comment.. if Coyle digs in his edges.. as he should being in defensive position. This becomes a totally different conversation. Lucks probably going towards the corner.. with. Bennett stick pressed against Coyle’s back

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
The goal counting was a weird call. Thought for sure it wouldn’t count based on what we’ve seen the league call in the past.
Yeah, that goal counting was terrible. Goalie was run over by a guy who was cross-checked into him by the guy who scored the goal. Pretty easy no-goal for me.

It's so frustrating because there was that TB goal in game 5 that was called back because Duclair tried to win a rebound with his skate and they reversed it, which IMO was an extremely nitpicky interpretation and that goal should have counted. Fast forward to yesterday and they refuse to reverse a call where the goalie was clearly barrelled over. There's just no consistency. Let the nitpicky skate touched the crease goal stand and disallow this obvious barreling into the goalie goal. So simple. Why does the NHL keep everyone guessing? Can never know what they'll decide. No consistency.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Is there evidence of this? I haven’t seen anything conclusive. In the replays I’ve seen it looks like Marchand ran at Bennet and clipped his head on the other player’s shoulder.

They're referring to the reverse angle. I've heard it explained both ways (both as a punch and a brace). Personal opinion, knowing Bennett's style of game, I wouldn't be surprised by either.

Reactions: Fatass and BB79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad