GDT: ECSF #1 - 5/16/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 7:30 PM - NBCSN, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

corduroyg

Apr 10, 2012
nyc
i really think if we win tonite this will be a short series. bruins are banged up and worn down, we can lay the hammer down early.

of course i fully expect us to come out flat and lose 3-1

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Watch for Lucic to take runs at Henrik. We need to respond to it accordingly, firmly and decisively.
We shouldn't try to out-Bruin the Bruins.

i really think if we win tonite this will be a short series. bruins are banged up and worn down, we can lay the hammer down early.
Whoa, not used to that kind of optimism on this board.

of course i fully expect us to come out flat and lose 3-1
There we go.

*Bob Richards*

I like our chances as is, but if Nash can go Nash mode and Lundqvist can go Lundqvist mode, then I just feel better going into this than I did the Caps series.

Green Blob*

HONOR.

TRADITION.

RESPECT.

This is what it means to be a NEW YORK RANGER.

All who wear this jersey take great responsibility and represent this city with tremendous pride.

We are a team of 1, we support one another, we work for a common goal.

We must be a team of ACTION, not reaction, be DECISIVE.

We need to DOMINATE with our SPEED, SKILL, and EXECUTION. BE EXPLOSIVE. We have to push the pace. Be RELENTLESS.

Tonight we play with EFFORT. Tonight we play with HEART. Tonight we play for NEW YORK.

THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A RANGER!!!!!

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Having Clowe and Staal back would be huge right now. Unfortunately we don't know how long it will take for them to be back to 100%.

I can only think of one solution:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Protecting your goalie is hockey 101 if you want to get anywhere.
I'm far more worried about Lucic's offensive abilities than his fighting/hitting/running Lundqvist.

Say Eminger and Moore are the defensemen on the ice. Lucic runs into Lundqvist. What would you have them do?

hpNYR

HF Forecaster
Jun 18, 2006
Northridge, CA
www.twitter.com
I'm far more worried about Lucic's offensive abilities than his fighting/hitting/running Lundqvist.

Say Eminger and Moore are the defensemen on the ice. Lucic runs into Lundqvist. What would you have them do?

I would obviously have them look away and pretend nothing ever happened :laugh: -- Sarcasm aside, you can't allow Lucic to establish himself in front of Lundqvist whether it's agressively or not. Granted this will become a problem when Boston begins to struggle against Lundqvist and the team.

Lundqvist is this teams MVP and you do everything and anything you can to enable his ability to stay in his zone.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

They have a stick in their hands. Slashes across the wrists/back of the knees are sometimes more painful than a fist to the face. I know from experience. Spear him in the stomach.

You don't have to fight to get your message across.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

SLAP FIGHT! Which scrub are you betting on scoring? I'll take Asham again he's my boy. Think Boyle could accomplish something, Massachusetts boy and all.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
HONOR.

TRADITION.

RESPECT.

This is what it means to be a NEW YORK RANGER.

All who wear this jersey take great responsibility and represent this city with tremendous pride.

We are a team of 1, we support one another, we work for a common goal.

We must be a team of ACTION, not reaction, be DECISIVE.

We need to DOMINATE with our SPEED, SKILL, and EXECUTION. BE EXPLOSIVE. We have to push the pace. Be RELENTLESS.

Tonight we play with EFFORT. Tonight we play with HEART. Tonight we play for NEW YORK.

THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A RANGER!!!!!

****ing love this

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
They have a stick in their hands. Slashes across the wrists/back of the knees are sometimes more painful than a fist to the face. I know from experience. Spear him in the stomach.

You don't have to fight to get your message across.
Spearing is a major penalty.

So the Bruins get at least a 3 minute PP every time they make contact with Lundqvist? Why would they ever stop?

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
This is the match up I wanted in the first round. I think we got this in 6. Watch out for Jagr he LIVES for this. No doubt he want's to leave his mark on this series.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm worried that there's not enough pressure on the team. Can we lie and tell them it's an elimination game?

This. I could see the NYR coming out flat, thinking with all of the injuries on the Boston D, that they can just show up and score. I hope Torts lights a fire under them before this game.

I think this is a huge game. If the Rangers can take advantage of the inexperience on the backside, the pressure is squarely on Boston. However, if Boston can get a win with half of their D missing, it will do a lot for their confidence.

KreiMeARiver*

SLAP FIGHT! Which scrub are you betting on scoring? I'll take Asham again he's my boy. Think Boyle could accomplish something, Massachusetts boy and all.

Yeah right. Boyle will get punched and knocked down, then go run to the bench to text Prust that the Bruins are being mean to him.

Boyle's lunch money at the end of this series= -$25.75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad