GDT: ECSF #1 - 5/16/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 7:30 PM - NBCSN, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
Wow it's really discombobulating to see so much confidence on a GDT, I really like Jonesy don't know how he can stand Milbury though.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
Hey guys, been a long time since i was a regular around these boards many years ago! I always wanted Jagr to stay and play for the Rangers for a long time, it was too bad how everything went down, mainly with his shoulder injury that happened in their first playoff run with Hank in game 1 vs the Devils, anyone remember that? It was late in the game and they tried to use Jagr on the penalty kill in the 3rd period and he took a hit along the boards which injured his shoulder. He missed the next 2 games and tried to come back for the 4th game but couldn't really play well and they got swept.

Anyways i miss my mustache ride playoff avatars, good luck guys!

thanks for the luck but no one cares about jagr or what happened in the past

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Non-contact injuries are never good. Rangers might have caught a break this morning with Marchand leaving the ice.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'm guessing Marchand will play, though not at 100%.

Still though, the B's have some serious injuries anyway. They still have an excellent forward group, even though their defense is obviously hurting big time.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
**** Boston, ****the Bs, and **** all the annoying bandwagoning New Englanders who only show their faces when their teams are winning.

I really don't want to have to deal with my Boston-area acquaintances on FB if they win this series.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
According to NESN's rink side reporter, Claude Julien says Marchand will play tonight. Seidenberg, Ference and Redden will most likely not. Each of the rookie D men (Hamilton, Bartkowski and Krug) will be paired with a vet (Chara, Boychuk and McQuaid).

Rolling with the same lines as listed on our GDT.

Cheers, good luck folks, first to four wins, and let's get ready for another chapter in the big book of BOS/NYC sport tales.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Hey guys, been a long time since i was a regular around these boards many years ago! I always wanted Jagr to stay and play for the Rangers for a long time, it was too bad how everything went down, mainly with his shoulder injury that happened in their first playoff run with Hank in game 1 vs the Devils, anyone remember that? It was late in the game and they tried to use Jagr on the penalty kill in the 3rd period and he took a hit along the boards which injured his shoulder. He missed the next 2 games and tried to come back for the 4th game but couldn't really play well and they got swept.

Anyways i miss my mustache ride playoff avatars, good luck guys!

Haven't seen your user name in quite a while around here haha. Didn't Jagr hurt his shoulder by trying to extend his arm to hit Gomez? That's the way I remember it at least.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Technically, we have a dinged up blueline as well with Staal out.

It won't matter that Boston is missing D if we let them push us around, forecheck our puck possession away, and dominate us in the offensive zone. The breakout plays have to be crisp. His wingers in stride through the neutral zone. Allow skilled players like Nash one on ones against young defensemen.

Boston's pk is very, very strong. 87% Rask won't be allowing many easy ones, either. They are a 1.28 even strength team to the Rangers 1.30. No advantage there.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Need to try to make their young D as uncomfortable as possible early in the game. Maybe force a turnover deep in the zone and capitalize on it.... Don't let them get into a rhythm and don't let up even if you have a 3 goal lead with 10 mins to play.... Just like last series, we have to win at least one in their barn, why not tonight?

Aug 7, 2005
upstate
Just play like they did the last 2 games, make some adjustments to Bostons style of play, hit Lucic early and often as he constantly runs everybody and don't take penalties.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Holy ****...haha

@TheNYRBlog: This. Is. Amazing! RT @Toucherandrich "Excuse me Torts, did you by any chance ever find Musky?" http://t.co/ShdGTS74rU”

BKZcb4ICQAI79R2.jpg:large

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Just play like they did the last 2 games, make some adjustments to Bostons style of play, hit Lucic early and often as he constantly runs everybody and don't take penalties.

He takes a lot of stupid penalties when you are under his skin. Not sure if we want some though.

Lets do this!

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
If Seidenberg and Ference are both out, they have got to take advantage and at least split one of these two away games. Seidenberg is incredibly underrated and has been amazing for the Bruins; their defense simply will not be the same without him. Considering how anemic the Rangers offense is, his injury plays an even bigger role.

Expecting the Bruins forwards to come on strong early and pound our defense early. I really hope McD and Girardi are ready for it. Weather the storm and don't get roped into anything stupid. Beat them on scoreboard, like we usually do.

LET'S GO RANGERS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad