GDT: ECQF|GM#1|5/1|Maple Leafs (5) @ Bruins (4)|Let's give em Hell! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Your right, we should play more big immobile D-men. And in that case, I guess Rielly is garbage too right?
No, we should be play defenceman that can play on their own. However, in the new NHL, all defenceman must be mobile and thus trades will have to be made. In other words, we need D that can disrupt plays, and effectively clear the zone.

More importantly, we don't need three puck movers. In fact, we stand out vs other playoff teams in that regard. That said, Gardiner must outplay Franson ( a terrible skater, btw) or Liles if he wants minutes. In the past, we've utilized the Liles - Gardiner pairing and it was lacking. If uses on the PP, maybe, but ES, no way!

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
You simply don't play farmers like Kostka in your starting line-up if you want to win. The guy plain old sucks. I like Carlyle but the Kostka/Holzer/Gardiner bs makes think the guy is an idiot. Either that or he's thinking way further long-term than I am.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
My ideal pairings if Carlyle wasn't stubborn as hell

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Liles - O'Bryne
Gardiner - Franson.

But no.. We put out immobile scrubs that can't provide a first pass, can't block a shot, just ice the puck and turnovers.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Lol, I actually thought we could have won this game after we scored the 1st goal, we got off to such a good start...Couldn't have been more wrong.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Rough effort, hard to watch, but it's just game one, and now our boys know what to expect.

Let's try and maintain a little bit of optimism fellas! Don't panic quite yet.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I would say game 3 or it's desperation time, don't forget the Bruins lost to the Flyers up 3-0 a few years ago.

Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Simon Gagne, Claude Giroux, Chris pronger, Braydon Coburn, Kimmo Timmonen . Were not even remotely comparable to that flyers team.

TC Puck

Jan 23, 2011
Good camera work to cut away just before Marchand took a two handed swing in retaliation.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
JVR is the best Leaf tonight by far, he's giving it and taking it, and looks like the most dangerous Leaf by far. Hope Kessel is taking notes.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I would say game 3 or it's desperation time, don't forget the Bruins lost to the Flyers up 3-0 a few years ago.

This team really isn't capable of falling behind 3-0 and coming back. 2-0 would probably be really difficult to come back from. As far as I'm concerned, game #2 is a must win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium