Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
I was thinking how critical it would be to get the first goal. When Nylander scored I thought we were probably toast. When we get behind and try to open things up it usually bites us in the ass. Instead we tied it and then stepped up and won it in OT. So glad to run it back against Florida. I think we can handle them.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Listening to 1440 Edmonton and them mentioning TSN / Sportsnet absolute arrogance totally ignoring Vancouver, Edmonton and especially the Jets will bite them in the ass if the Leafs get booted.

The Bruins did the hockey world a king friggin' sized favor!!!

RINGADINGDING

Reactions: lopey

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Beersy is one of the best in the biz and doesn't get the recognition he deserves

Brick plays it cool no selling it then gets a hug from Sophia, what a pimp
He looked like he placed a big bet on the Leafs.

Incidentally, was Drake seen hanging out with the Leafs?

• Haha
Reactions: McGarnagle

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Pasta doing Pasta thing

The second I saw Lindholm's pass it made me think of Krug - he and Pasta pulled this play a few times, often on PPs like the one in the video.

Nice to see it make its return, and in such a high stakes situation. Such a smart play by Hampus, and Pasta was on it in a flash. A moment of brilliance to end a series that had its moments but was probably for the most part a bit ho-hum in terms of quality. When you win though, you no longer care how you got there!

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
The second I saw Lindholm's pass it made me think of Krug - he and Pasta pulled this play a few times, often on PPs like the one in the video.

Nice to see it make its return, and in such a high stakes situation. Such a smart play by Hampus, and Pasta was on it in a flash. A moment of brilliance to end a series that had its moments but was probably for the most part a bit ho-hum in terms of quality. When you win though, you no longer care how you got there!
I read the play all the way, like it was in slow motion for me

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Same. I am now figuring out which jersey to buy now that I am short one.

1. My daughter has a Black Bergeron.
2. My wife wore the old #19 black Seguin.
3. My Brother in law flew out and wore the black blank (Thornton era)

4. Didn't bring out the game 7 white 2011 Horton.
5. Didn't bring out either Team Canada Bergeron Jerseys.

Thinking tonight I take the winnings and get a black Pastrnak.
Great choice!

Reactions: Alicat

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I think he's trying to do too much. He's also probably thinking that he has to cover for Lohrei as well. I wouldn't mind Monty switching Lindholm and Lohrei on defense.
Love Mac, he is a great player. He ate alot of minutes. saying he did no mistake on the back end isn't true imo. I saw Mac eating the grenade on the O side and making some strange mental mistake on the back end. Saw 3 giveaway, and I thought it was more.....

Reactions: Bodit9

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
lol Nylander dropping every swear word humanly possible in postgame presser. Kid played well. Despit the migraines.

Wouldn’t mind him on the Bruins if the Leafs decide to go scorched earth
IMO the game could easily have gone the other way.

Thanks Sway and Pasta!

Florida not as fast as Toronto though as a group.And when the shenanigans start at least Pat can respond .
One can hope.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have said this many times and I will repeat it.

The Leafs' downward spiral began when their brain trust decided not to lock up Bobby Orr thinking he was too small to play in the NHL. Montreal also dismissed him as an NHL prospect.

The Leafs then stagnated as a complete lunatic got control of the team, one Harold Ballard.

Ballard died 34 years ago but nothing has changed.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I have said this many times and I will repeat it.

The Leafs' downward spiral began when their brain trust decided not to lock up Bobby Orr thinking he was too small to play in the NHL. Montreal also dismissed him as an NHL prospect.

The Leafs then stagnated as a complete lunatic got control of the team, one Harold Ballard.

Ballard died 34 years ago but nothing has changed.
Ballard once said "By the look of their faces they should be wearing bags over their heads". Leaf fans wearing paper bags over their heads at games. It was a novelty back then and still is today.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

never a doubt in there mind...... hope so!
Players interview are IMO oftenly strange. What could Coyle have said differently... we were surprise we won, we were all talking about how afraid we were to lose on the bench and in the locker room.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Did that really happen? Definitely rocking my Swayman tshirt around today.

I didn't pick up my phone for like 3 minutes to even message friends after the goal.

I just sat there in shock. Also sat there looking to see if someone was gonna challenge that goal, lol. Didn't feel real.

The house money feeling now vs the Panthers has me totally relaxed. So naturally now Boston is gonna get up vs the cats 3-1....and then suck us all right back in :laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So yesterday morning I'm sitting in a dressing room with a bunch of fellow beer leaguers playing in this charity tournament and the topic of dressing room music comes up. Wasn't really a big thing for me growing up in the age before cellphones and wireless speakers. But I chime in saying that our high school team would come onto the ice to Hells Bells by AC/DC.
SN/CBC do their musical montages to start all their playoff games. All ready for Game 7 and suddenly I hear the opening riff of Hells Bells, sure enough, that is the song they used for their Game 7 opening montage and most of their commercial breaks. I said to myself, that has to be a good sign, right?

Still, probably the most-nerve racking game of hockey I've ever watched. Bruins didn't repeat the 1st periods of Games 5 and 6 and played well throughout really. They played straight-line north-south hockey, lots of dump-ins, lots of board battles won and pucks won along the wall. Bruins defended the slot very well. Credit to the coaching staff for changing up the game plan and countering the Leaf's adjustments. And credit to the Leafs. Unlike 2013/2018/2019, I think they can actually take some positives out of this series.

I was wrong about Brazeau being dressed in this series. That's a legit NHL player and one that is unique and frankly a handful for opposing D-men.

Is Trent Frederic a long-term answer at C? Centering that power line with JVR and Brazeau he looked every bit the part. I don't expect JVR back next year but that line caused the Leafs D fits.

JVR brought it last night too I felt. He had an extra jump in his step he gave it his all last night. If he was going out, he was going out on his sword.

Mason Lohrei was a difference maker and the future for him is so bright it's not even funny. He's got Quinn Hughes-like qualities with the puck combined with a massive wingspan. Watching him break the puck out of the zone is a real treat.

What more can you say about Swayman? He's right there with the best goaltenders on planet earth today. Tim Thomas-esque post-season so far.

And there is this guy named Pasta who got a lot of flak from fans and his own coach. Instead of being butt-hurt about his coaches comments, he takes it to heart but is also a professional and continues to bring that positive attitude to the table. Incredible goal to finish the series and give Bruins fans a memory that will last a lifetime.

Onto the Panthers and chance for redemption from last year. But they aren't catching the Bruins off guard this year. They aren't inserting Bobrovsky into the middle of a series off 3 1/2 weeks rest. The way Swayman is playing the Bruins have the edge in net IMO. Can the Bruins D better handle the Panthers forecheck this year? I think they can.

And you have to wonder what the Panther's mindset is right now. Their last road game outside the state of Florida was a month ago (April 6) against our own Boston Bruins in 3-2 OT Panther loss at the Garden. They've been sitting in sunny Florida for over a month now. Can the Bruins catch them sleeping a bit and steal a game early on down in FLA?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad