Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I wondered and thought that. I also noticed none of the announcers mentioned anything about reviewing the goal, as in let's get this over for local news shows. It's just with the game over, there's nothing to lose by challenging.

If memory serves, the Panthers' OT winner last year to eliminate the Leafs also had some controversy around it, as Radko Gudas held a player's stick and might've interfered with the goalie.
They aren’t bitching about it on the leafs board so maybe it was definitively onside

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I imagine they looked at it, but I'm surprised Toronto didn't challenge the GWG for offside. I've seen different angles and think it was ok. But since there was no face-off after, I didn't exhale until they shook hands.

Hindsight being 20/20, the Leafs getting away from their identity in the first part of the series - coming out like the Broad Street Bullies - cost them. All the foolish penalties led to Bs goals. Once they stayed out of the box, the Bruins struggled.

Glad for Montgomery - it was painful watching him at the ASG with all the Leafs and that dips**t Justin Bieber.
Going 1/21 on the pp and the difference in goaltending early in the series was what cost the Leafs, The injuries are whatever, but not ideal to have Matthews and Nyalnder each miss time either, and Woll today.

Congrats guys, good luck against Florida. Someday, maybe someday the Leafs will return the favour just once, but maybe not at this rate.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
1714889552998.jpeg

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
One day off before the next battle begins it’s the importance of finishing teams of quicker.But I guess the team knows what to,expect from,Florida.If they can’t win the series and I’m not saying they can’t but if they can’t will,someone please drop,Tkychuk.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Home with a hoarse voice, ringing ears and happy as hell

The reason we go to sporting events is the experience - being at the Garden where almost everyone stayed for the handshakes and then the three stars ....high fives, hugs and bedlam everywhere- that's what will stay for me long after the final score has faded

Now on to Florida!!

When I read this it makes me open up a flight website and look to fly to Boston for game three to be around it. Won money tonight that will cover a flight. Now to get a hotel and ticket!

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I am WIDE awake

Same. I am now figuring out which jersey to buy now that I am short one.

1. My daughter has a Black Bergeron.
2. My wife wore the old #19 black Seguin.
3. My Brother in law flew out and wore the black blank (Thornton era)

4. Didn't bring out the game 7 white 2011 Horton.
5. Didn't bring out either Team Canada Bergeron Jerseys.

Thinking tonight I take the winnings and get a black Pastrnak.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I wondered and thought that. I also noticed none of the announcers mentioned anything about reviewing the goal, as in let's get this over for local news shows. It's just with the game over, there's nothing to lose by challenging.

If memory serves, the Panthers' OT winner last year to eliminate the Leafs also had some controversy around it, as Radko Gudas held a player's stick and might've interfered with the goalie.

You don't need to challenge as the league automatically reviews. IN this case I was wondering the same and I bet they all looked and said it was good.

I wish all of the Bs HF folks could go to a game. What fun we would have.

Never know. I worked hard this year and last filming and teaching and told my wife that I'm going to a Bruins game in Boston this year. Was planning on bringing 8-10 buddies to Boston in November for a weekend with me buying the AirBnB but a game 3 in Boston next weekend seems like the perfect time before the chaos of the end of the year and film release...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yeah, Bellingham is also a constant.

I just need the film to be done with and Thursday was a big day to get that done. Being in Boston for game 3 is a bucket list...

My brother was with a Rogers CFO in 2013 game 7 and says it was the best moment of his fandom.
@Coach Parker Sea-Tac has many nonstops to Boston as Delta, Alaska and Jet Blue all fly the route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad