GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Is this really surprising? I mean, it's not hard to figure out.

Largest fanbase in hockey. It's spring. Your favourite team is knocked out. Is hanging out on a message board really a high of a priority if you don't have a team to cheer for?
As you probably know, cheering against a team is almost as much fun as cheering for one. So yeah, this is the place to cheer against... well... someone.

Problem is I hate both teams, so I'm in therapy no matter who wins.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I'm not sure about Mecca's followers, however Toronto's followers usually drop off drastically once the playoffs go on without them.
The try-hards just reload and spend the rest of the summer disparaging the teams they couldn't beat in the previous playoffs.

We are bound to miss the playoffs any time now, so we were told all year anyways...

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
As you probably know, cheering against a team is almost as much fun as cheering for one. So yeah, this is the place to cheer against... well... someone.

Problem is I hate both teams, so I'm in therapy no matter who wins.
Fair. And funny.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
When the real reasons come out why they are missing these games, I hope the staff gets fired, terrible management if they were banged up to end the regular season and rested nobody

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Did the guy shit his Liver out or something? God damn.
Reports suggest that he had an illness for games 3-4, and being sick can make you more susceptible to an injury. On the bench during game 4, there was apparently a video that showed him talking to the trainer saying "I can't f***ing skate". It's likely he was initially sick and playing through that led to an injury, maybe groin or lower body?

Essentially, this is a cursed playoff series for Matthews. He has his best playoff game ever in game 2 and looks poised to dominate, gets sick and looks noticeably worse in games 3/4, then gets injured and will likely miss the rest of the series

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Reports suggest that he had an illness for games 3-4, and being sick can make you more susceptible to an injury. On the bench during game 4, there was apparently a video that showed him talking to the trainer saying "I can't f***ing skate". It's likely he was initially sick and playing through that led to an injury, maybe groin or lower body?

Essentially, this is a cursed playoff series for Matthews. He has his best playoff game ever in game 2 and looks poised to dominate, gets sick and looks noticeably worse in games 3/4, then gets injured and will likely miss the rest of the series
a doctor only pulls a guy out for certain things. concussion is one. maybe he is dizzy and such nothing to fool around with

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

To be honest, we still don’t know what the hell is wrong with him. I get why the secrecy, but it sucks for the fans that we lost our best player and we don’t really know why. All we know is that he is not available to play. Brutal luck.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
They also looked like they were only playing for regular season records. Keefe already stated that was not how he wanted to manage the end of the season. Excuse maybe?
No coach in the league would have sat out a player sitting at 69 goals other than maybe mike babcock - stupid to pin it on keefe.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
No coach in the league would have sat out a player sitting at 69 goals other than maybe mike babcock - stupid to pin it on keefe.

Montgomery also made the same decision chasing a meaningless division title he didn’t get

And that’s the reigning coach of the year in the NHL

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Wow. Aren't you a clever, original one. Did you think of that one all by yourself, Mr. First Team To Ever Finish In 32nd Place In NHL History?

giphy.gif
And eliminate the leafs in the first round the year before doing it. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes