GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Are Leafs and Jets fans having a contest for most effort put into GDTs? This is pretty wild

Bring this one home Leafs and bring on game 7. Don’t care who wins that one it’ll be memes for days either way

Reactions: Summer Rose

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Claimed the very next pick in the 2017 draft, Toronto has no one to blame but themselves.

View attachment 863530
so? literally 109 other picks happened before Swayman was picked. At that points its a wash.

wanna know something funny? the 2015 nhl draft- Boston Takes Jakub Zboril, Debrusk, and Zachary Senyshen. 3 top 20 picks for a whopping 285 points. the next three drafty picks?- Barzal, kyle Connor and Chabot- 1186 total points.

Imagine how much better boston would be if they had those three

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
This has been a good series but lets' be honest, neither of them will fare well against NYR or CAR. Not in the same class.

the winner of this series will play florida, but in general, I agree.

I think Boston is built to compete better with Florida than Toronto is, but I expect either team to lose.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
This has been a good series but lets' be honest, neither of them will fare well against NYR or CAR. Not in the same class.
People also said that about Florida last year- "oh theyre finally playing a real team in Carolina they're gonna get killed!" then Florida swept them in 4.

the winner of this series also doesn't play NYR or CAR

I dont get why people write off teams before the series has even started

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
People also said that about Florida last year- "oh theyre finally playing a real team in Carolina they're gonna get killed!" then Florida swept them in 4.

the winner of this series also doesn't play NYR or CAR

I dont get why people write off teams before the series has even started
Yea but it was Carolina to be fair. 2nd round exit or 3rd round fodder is their destiny

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Lol sorry, I forgot to include them. Those 3 are the real teams to beat...Florida has the easiest path since NYR and CAR would both give them their toughest matchup imo, and they only have to play one..
I think people underestimate how good TB is/was, lots of teams would have had trouble.

I expect CAR to win that series though.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
so? literally 109 other picks happened before Swayman was picked. At that points its a wash.

wanna know something funny? the 2015 nhl draft- Boston Takes Jakub Zboril, Debrusk, and Zachary Senyshen. 3 top 20 picks for a whopping 285 points. the next three drafty picks?- Barzal, kyle Connor and Chabot- 1186 total points.

Imagine how much better boston would be if they had those three
why you got bring that up? the oilers traded out of the 15 spot for griffin reinhart. no need to rub that in

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
So true. Ever notice it's the same "neutrals", year after year, no matter who the Leafs are playing?

It's kind of pathetic, actually. An odd obsession.
everybody has a team they dispise ....the talking heads in the GTA make the leafs an easy target. Most of their fans aint helping that.

But the "pathetic" thing here is not that.......it's the Maple Leafs play off record for the last 20years

Last edited:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Claimed the very next pick in the 2017 draft, Toronto has no one to blame but themselves.

View attachment 863530

Ian Scott was a fantastic prospect who unfortunately lost his career due to injuries before he could even really get started.

You have no idea that he wouldn’t have panned out better than swayman is now.

What’s next, criticizing the Amirov pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad