Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6 - There Will Be A Game 7 in Boston Wednesday 7:40 PM - Maple Leafs 3 BRUINS 1 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Is it though?

I think the Leafs have pressure on them as well. It's not like they are some 8th seed underdog who've now pushed a contending team to a Game 7. That's a club over there with legitimate cup asparations as well. They aren't playing with house money anymore now that the series is tied 3-3.

When you lead 3-1, pressure is on you if there is a game 7.

Reactions: TD Charlie

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Now I'm starting to feel like the time to put the rookie college kid in was in games 5 or 6 when we had no pressure and could afford to lose. In a game 7 with all pressure on, that's not a great spot to put him in. Still better than Wingels.

Reactions: Kate08

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Now I'm starting to feel like the time to put the rookie college kid in was in games 5 or 6 when we had no pressure and could afford to lose. In a game 7 with all pressure on, that's not a great spot to put him in. Still better than Wingels.

If we lose a 3-1 lead with Reilly Nash and Wingels leading the charge over the youth of Donato and Heinen. Fire everyone

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
Before the series started I thought the least of our problems would be the defense but tonight showed that some sloppy play by our defense primarily just mishandling the puck cost us the game.
I know that we only scored one goal but sometimes that's all you need in a playoff game.
Other than those 2 gifts the Leafs didn't create all that much and Tuukka played well

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
When you lead 3-1, pressure is on you if there is a game 7.

Oh there is pressure on the Bruins, don't get me wrong. Lots of it.

But there is plenty of pressure on the Leafs now too. There are big time expectations over there, same as in the Bruins room.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Donato. 5 goals and 9 points in 12 games regular season. Can't get a roster spot. Typical. More grinders needed.
Yeah but he is only a +1 total (playoffs and reg season) and is only shooting 21%. Rick Nash is shooting 1/4 that pct and is a total of -7 (-4 reg season, -3 playoffs). Oh wait, nm.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fenway's memory is good - the last time the Bruins clinched on the road after losing Game 5 at home was the 1972 Cup Final. It's actually the *only* time it's happened in team history.

B's in road Game 6s when up 3-2 in the series.

After losing game 5 at home - B's are 1-7 in road game 6s, but 4-2 in home game 7s
2017: L at TOR
2013: L at TOR (won series)
2010: L at PHI
2004: L at MTL
1992: L at BUF (won series)
1972: W at NYR to win Cup
1941: L TOR (won series, went on to win Cup)
1939: L NYR (won series, went on to win Cup)

After winning game 5 at home - B's are just 4-8 in these road game 6s, but 7-1 in the eventual Game 7s
2014: L at MTL
2011: L at TB (won series)
2011: L at MTL (won series)
1991: L at MTL (won series)
1991: W at HFD to win series
1990: L at HFD (won series)
1988: L at NJD (won series)
1988: W at BUF to win series
1983: L at BUF (won series)

1976: L at LA (won series)
1974: W at CHI to win series
1970: W at NYR to win series

Total: 5-15 in road game 6s when up 3-2 in the series, but 11-3 in game 7s.

@crimsonace You overlooked one of the worst.

In 1971 the Bruins won Game 5 against Montreal but were blown out of the Forum 8-3 in Game 6 and lost Game 7 at home.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Oh there is pressure on the Bruins, don't get me wrong. Lots of it.

But there is plenty of pressure on the Leafs now too. There are big time expectations over there, same as in the Bruins room.

I think theres more pressure on the bruins since the leafs are still losers until proven otherwise

Reactions: McGarnagle

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What are the Leafs doing different today vs previous losses? Players are entering the zone, holding pucks and finding trailers (coming through the middle with speed) or on the opposite end of the ice.

Everything is "long passes" with the leafs right now. They can cheat/recover utilizing elite team speed

Bruins on the other hand are trying desparately to get things going with dump and chase or short passes. By the time the team has control of the puck, all 5 leafs are in the defensive zone

Ever since game 3, when the Bruins got burnt by their Ds pinching in aggressively (done all season long plus games 1 and 2)

The Bruins have since resorted going back to playing the same way they sucked under CJ era (late)

And now the Bruins cant score goals

Trying to beat the leafs by playing tightly should be the last thing Cassidy should do in game 7. Have all the fwds finish their checks and one D pinch in with a fwd to cover...

Trust the offensive minded system that got the team here this season

Reactions: gillesgilbert

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Before the series started I thought the least of our problems would be the defense but tonight showed that some sloppy play by our defense primarily just mishandling the puck cost us the game.
I know that we only scored one goal but sometimes that's all you need in a playoff game.
Other than those 2 gifts the Leafs didn't create all that much and Tuukka played well

Technically it wasn’t the D. Rask mishandled the first one, and i thought it was Marchand handling like puck like a newborn freaking baby on the second goal.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If Krug is your go-to for complaining, you don't have a clue what you're watching.

His stat line is great but we are supposed to have a big advantage on the blue line and his poor D is a reason we don't. Toronto's D f***ing suck. I can't believe we only scored 1 goal on them this game. The guy has 3 points in the last 4 games. Hes also a -5 in the last 4 games since game 2.

If Carlo was available or Holden and Postma were better I'd be DEMANDING he be moved to forward.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think theres more pressure on the bruins since the leafs are still losers until proven otherwise

What have the Bruins won lately? And on the flip-side, shouldn't the team that hasn't won a series in 14 years have some pressure?

Do you really think the players in the Leafs room or Bruins room think like that?

I would say there is slightly more pressure on the Bruins, but you have two clubs with cup expectations within each room. And now both are one game away from going home much earlier than they thought they would be. These are pro hockey players, not fans, they aren't worried about being "losers until proven otherwise" or even worried that at one point they had a 3-1 lead in the series.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
His stat line is great but we are supposed to have a big advantage on the blue line and his poor D is a reason we don't. Toronto's D ****ing suck. I can't believe we only scored 1 goal on them this game. The guy has 3 points in the last 4 games. Hes also a -5 in the last 4 games since game 2.

If Carlo was available or Holden and Postma were better I'd be DEMANDING he be moved to forward.

What an awful take on Torey Krug, and on the Leafs D.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I dont care how much people will complain about Nash trying to make him a scapegoat for not scoring but he is creating chances for himself. Constantly defends and has takeaways. People need to put the blame on the real passengers.

McAvoy has been absolute TRASH. Constant giveaways, cant make a first pass. Soft on the puck. Hes been rough since coming back. If he is playing hurt... hes cost the team at least 2 games. He gets caught watching the puck and forgets his assignment.

Krejci.... I will echo what Sweeney said after Krejci caughed up the puck which led to a goal "****ing selfish" . Guy has coasted for 6 games so far.

Fans wanted a faster team. Substituted physicality for speed and we are getting pushed around by TORONTO. Im embarrassed.
Nash is creating chances but he can’t get anything on his shots , it’s like he is gassed from the energy he expended to get the chance and it’s an easy save for the goalie . He hasn’t really developed any kind of chemistry with whoever he plays with .

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
What have the Bruins won lately? And on the flip-side, shouldn't the team that hasn't won a series in 14 years have some pressure?

Do you really think the players in the Leafs room or Bruins room think like that?

I would say there is slightly more pressure on the Bruins, but you have two clubs with cup expectations within each room. And now both are one game away from going home much earlier than they thought they would be. These are pro hockey players, not fans, they aren't worried about being "losers until proven otherwise" or even worried that at one point they had a 3-1 lead in the series.

It wasnt that long ago that we win a cup.Youd have to go to the medieval times when tor last won 1.

The pressure is on both of course. However from a fans standpoint , if the leafs do beat us on Wed ..the tor fans will feel a high almost as if they just won the cup.

Reactions: BruinDust

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
@crimsonace You overlooked one of the worst.

In 1971 the Bruins won Game 5 against Montreal but were blown out of the Forum 8-3 in Game 6 and lost Game 7 at home.

That's what happens when you do crash research through the media guide late at night in a bad mood ;).

Might be the worst. 1971 might have been the best team the Bruins have ever iced.

Reactions: Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad