Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6 - There Will Be A Game 7 in Boston Wednesday 7:40 PM - Maple Leafs 3 BRUINS 1 FINAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Compressing after the game and it is so eerie how similar this series is with 2013.

The Bruins seldom ever close out a series in a road Game 6......especially after losing a Gane 5 at home. The 1972 SCF is an exception.

Now like 2013 a terrible tragedy has befallen one of the cities involved.....

I am very worried.

I posted on Twitter when it was 4-1 on Saturday I thought the B's were in trouble. I'm a natural pessimist, but I had a bad feeling about tonight, and have a really bad feeling about Wednesday. The third period tonight looked A LOT like Game 7 in 2014 - the Bruins almost looked like they were playing scared, especially once they fell behind. Toronto's playing with house money. After getting blown out twice, they have nothing to lose AND the city rallying behind it.

Now you have me thinking. Last time the Bruins won Game 6 on the road to clinch a series was 1991. The last eight times they've had a chance to close out a series in Game 6 on the road, they lost (although the B's won four of those series).

Fenway's memory is good - the last time the Bruins clinched on the road after losing Game 5 at home was the 1972 Cup Final. It's actually the *only* time it's happened in team history.

B's in road Game 6s when up 3-2 in the series.

After losing game 5 at home - B's are 1-7 in road game 6s, but 4-2 in home game 7s
2017: L at TOR
2013: L at TOR (won series)
2010: L at PHI
2004: L at MTL
1992: L at BUF (won series)
1972: W at NYR to win Cup
1941: L TOR (won series, went on to win Cup)
1939: L NYR (won series, went on to win Cup)

After winning game 5 at home - B's are just 4-9 in these road game 6s, but 7-2 in the eventual Game 7s
2014: L at MTL
2011: L at TB (won series)
2011: L at MTL (won series)
1991: L at MTL (won series)
1991: W at HFD to win series
1990: L at HFD (won series)
1988: L at NJD (won series)
1988: W at BUF to win series
1983: L at BUF (won series)
1976: L at LA (won series)
1974: W at CHI to win series
1971: L at MTL
1970: W at NYR to win series

Total: 5-16 in road game 6s when up 3-2 in the series, but 11-4 in game 7s.

(note: edited thanks to a correction from Fenway).

Last edited:
Reactions: Regina

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wingles over Heinen is why we lost, right :laugh:

The reason we lost we why we have always struggled against the habs, caps etc - we let the goalie make easy save after easy save after getting stoned a few times because they can't bother to try to create havoc in front.

Do that and you can take game 7

I certainly didn't help. Pretty much nutured that line, Wingels had pretty much nothing to do with Debrusk's goal.

I don't see a team putting a million shots into Andersen's chest they way they have against Price and Holtby. He's making some darn good saves, the Bruins are trying to be too fine with their shooting, too cute with their passing.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Just like last game the bruins had plenty of golden chances to score and didn't.

And that's whats costing them.

Polack and Gardner are clearing the crease way more effectively than the bruins D.

The forwards don't have the size or physicality to deal with it, granted the Toronto D is basicly playing tackle football in a chop shop.

The forwards arent getting in front of Anderson as much as rhey should and are mostly skating around him. Worked in tbe first couple of games.

Should be working now if they buried a few of their golden chanced.

They've only got themselves to blame at this point.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If you ignore the fact that 98% of the time he's playing like a total turd, then I agree for sure. And I've been rooting FOR him all year. But man he does NOT have NHL legs anymore. not close.

Tonight with Rick and Kuraly they produced a few decent chances. Andersen robbed Kuraly

Riley Nash was a dud tonight for producing zero. At least Backes, Rick had some good looks close to the net

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I posted on Twitter when it was 4-1 on Saturday I thought the B's were in trouble. I'm a natural pessimist, but I had a bad feeling about tonight, and have a really bad feeling about Wednesday. The third period tonight looked A LOT like Game 7 in 2014 - the Bruins almost looked like they were playing scared, especially once they fell behind. Toronto's playing with house money. After getting blown out twice, they have nothing to lose AND the city rallying behind it.

Now you have me thinking. Last time the Bruins won Game 6 on the road to clinch a series was 1991. The last eight times they've had a chance to close out a series in Game 6 on the road, they lost (although the B's won four of those series).

Fenway's memory is good - the last time the Bruins clinched on the road after losing Game 5 at home was the 1972 Cup Final. It's actually the *only* time it's happened in team history.

B's in road Game 6s when up 3-2 in the series.

After losing game 5 at home - B's are 1-7 in road game 6s, but 4-2 in home game 7s
2017: L at TOR
2013: L at TOR (won series)
2010: L at PHI
2004: L at MTL
1992: L at BUF (won series)
1972: W at NYR to win Cup
1941: L TOR (won series, went on to win Cup)
1939: L NYR (won series, went on to win Cup)

After winning game 5 at home - B's are just 4-8 in these road game 6s, but 7-1 in the eventual Game 7s
2014: L at MTL
2011: L at TB (won series)
2011: L at MTL (won series)
1991: L at MTL (won series)
1991: W at HFD to win series
1990: L at HFD (won series)
1988: L at NJD (won series)
1988: W at BUF to win series
1983: L at BUF (won series)
1976: L at LA (won series)
1974: W at CHI to win series
1970: W at NYR to win series

Total: 5-15 in road game 6s when up 3-2 in the series, but 11-3 in game 7s.

I hope it will be 12-3

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Great news. I honestly can’t tell you the last time the Bruins lost while i was working the game.

More great news, the lady friend celebrates a birthday Wednesday night so i won’t be there at the game to witness this train wreck of a team take the ice.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
1st line had their worst game of the series and were on the ice for the winning goal.

2nd line were saddened with Wingels. They scored on a softie by Andersen but otherwise, did nothing all night. Thank you Cassidy.

3rd line started well but Riley is a pure dud and can’t create anything. Means that line can’t create anything besides on the cycle or if Rick catch a 90 rush back.

4th line worked hard but no skills.

Result: 1 goal

All the pressure on the Bruins now.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
There was a year in-between where they finished three game 7s pretty well.
Agreed. They were 5-2 in elimination games that year. But you take that year out, and the Bs are only 12-17 in elimination games in the Krejci/Bergeron/Chara era.

They're also only 5-9 in elimination games with Tuukka in net. Yikes!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
1st line had their worst game of the series and were on the ice for the winning goal.

2nd line were saddened with Wingels. They scored on a softie by Andersen but otherwise, did nothing all night. Thank you Cassidy.

3rd line started well but Riley is a pure dud and can’t create anything. Means that line can’t create anything besides on the cycle or if Rick catch a 90 rush back.

4th line worked hard but no skills.

Result: 1 goal

All the pressure on the Bruins now.

Is it though?

I think the Leafs have pressure on them as well. It's not like they are some 8th seed underdog who've now pushed a contending team to a Game 7. That's a club over there with legitimate cup asparations as well. They aren't playing with house money anymore now that the series is tied 3-3.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If the concern on Donato is that he turns it over or is too lax carrying the puck then i expect to see Marchand on level 9 come Wednesday. That’s as disinterested and lazy as I’ve ever seen him. He coasted a good thirty feet off the ice on the pk at one point, while Toronto had possession

Reactions: bryson21

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Kitch i would have gone with Donato over wingels.wingels as your 2nd rwinger kinda reminds me when claude put in whitfield when krejci went down vs flyers .
Just seems they feel the need to play it safe
Yeah I would have gone with Donato,Wingels is a forth line player.Bruins just can’t do anything the easy way can they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad