Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Dallas cut him loose over booze.He even mentioned it getting COY award he got
I see

I think everyone is allowed one over reaction per series so here is mine:

1. Monty should be fired if we lose this series. Brazeau is a fringe NHL'er and he dresses. Gryz is f***in terrible and Shatty sits for him.

2. Coyle or Zacha or both better f***ing score in game 6.......because the narrative of lacking a top C is true right now. Can't be putting up goose eggs.

3. Pasta has gotta get his head out of his ass. You're the best player in this series, start f***in acting like it.

4. McAvoy.......if I watch you watch another goal while doing nothing about it, I'll personally drive to Boston, and beat the f*** outta you
🤣

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If Monty blows this he better get those Burger King resume ready. I doubt anyone hires him with a back to back 3 to 1 lead collapse background ( though I dont blame him for last night loss ). Anyways they still have a wonderful chance to go next round.

I'm sure that teams that struggle making the playoffs would hire him, but any team that has aspirations at making serious cup runs should stay far away, he's not that guy, terrible playoff coach.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1714563084192.png

1714563120398.png

Reactions: BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
We’re on to game 6.

The Bruins historically own Thursday nights!

We have Swayman, they don’t.

Pasta rarely doesn’t bounce back from a very poor game.

Marchand.

Toronto is soft.

Reaves didn’t cost them a goal last night….hmmm.

Coyle, Heinen, McAvoy, Zacha, Maroon, (Brazeau too) are all due….two will score!

Toronto…pressure!

Bruins are better!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The point was to look beyond this series. Florida closed theirs out in dominating fashion when they were up 3-1, and Boston failed in their attempt and looked abysmal in the process (and Toronto didn’t look much better tonight). Neither have the killer instinct Florida has.
Stupid to look beyond the game in front of you IMO. This is what happens

• Haha
Reactions: Grimey and Gordoff

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
But why is that Brad. This is your team, a team with no killer instinct for a long time now.
I think Marchy has the killer instinct. He can only say and do so much. Smallest player on the team. The old you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink is is appropriate here. Marchy can make a speech in the room and set an example on the ice . If the rest sit back and watch you lose. Marchy was wrestled to the ice every time he moved and refs ignored it because of his reputation. Bruins were a step behind all game. The plan was to weather the storm when the Leafs came out hard for the first 10 minutes. Monty got out coached on home ice twice now. Goaltending can only keep you in a game for so long when no one else steps up their game.

Last edited:

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Woke up still mad. It’s like they learned absolutely nothing from last year’s playoffs. To come out that flat and lifeless is just mind boggling. Toronto played like they were dead men walking and they refused to just take it to them and finish it.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Absolutely no reason to put Brazeau and Gryz in, none. You took your most dependable face off guy(and solid PK guy) for an anchor. You can't have both Maroon and Brazeau out there at the same time, not against TOR.
And don't get me started on washed up Gryz. Too small, now too slow. Always looking to not get hit.

Ugh, Monty is the king of over thinking it.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Of course the reporters didn't ask the only question that most fans wanted to hear...
"Why did you change the lineup for game 5 after a two game winning streak??

Instead they asked a couple of dumb questions, and Monty replied "We weren't good enough .....and they were better" Some really insightful stuff there Jim.

These reporters should've interviewed Blades instead

The reporters as usual don't ask the right questions, but even if they did I suspect Monty would deflect anyway. He's not a talker, not to the media. Never has been. Cassidy was far more chatty, and notoriously was probably an over-sharer both in terms of tactics and his opinions on certain players. Jim's just not that guy. He runs the team as he sees fit and you can watch it and like the results, or not. For a fan that's about as much as you're going to get.

Reactions: Gordoff

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
f***ing fair weather fans!! Boy what a way to support the team.
Agreed. Losing a game 5 at home with a chance to clinch is a once in a lifetime event, why is everyone so mad, worried, upset.

I remember these posts last playoffs as well, then after game 7 everyone who called people out for rightfully being concerned vanished.

BosBruin2k

Apr 16, 2013
Any town USA
f*** outta here calling ANYONE on this board a fair-weather fan. Criticizing a piss poor performance is allowed.
Totally ok criticizing but calling them losers and it's over is a f***ing fair weather fan. That is what i am talking about. I was mad too. But will support them to the END!

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
i just don't understand how they can come out so flat in an elimination game. And they've done it so many times, under different coaches.

Troubling
I was saying to myself, here we go again, so predictable. But when they came out of the first tied, I thought they had probably escaped. Toronto didn't even do anything special after that. But the second period was worse than the first in terms of taking the bull by the horns. How do you not come out on fire feeling that you have new life. Inexplicable.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
We’re on to game 6.

The Bruins historically own Thursday nights!

We have Swayman, they don’t.

Pasta rarely doesn’t bounce back from a very poor game.

Marchand.

Toronto is soft.

Reaves didn’t cost them a goal last night….hmmm.

Coyle, Heinen, McAvoy, Zacha, Maroon, (Brazeau too) are all due….two will score!

Toronto…pressure!

Bruins are better!
Stop being positive! Stop it! I’m trying to bitter like a cup of black coffee that’s cold!

😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad