BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 3 7:09 PM - Carolina (2) @ BRUINS (0) - NESN, TNT, SN360, TVAS2, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't think it is, really. He's been completely outcoached before and rarely ever does anything to try to tip momentum or sway anything the Bruins way.

There's a huge difference between "crying" about calls and going off. The guy needs to flat out go off, and the other night was a prime example of a time he needed to do that.

I’m not as concerned about Bruce’s post game actions as I am with his pre and in game actions. Too many obvious line up changes done well after you have joe shmoe’s here identifying they be done. Jumbling lines up randomly without a plan. Looking shaky when games don’t go his way. Not using time outs.

He doesn’t have a good read on his own players and that to me is concerning.

Not putting pasta with Krejci far earlier in that series against the blues for example, even just some shifts if not a permanent switch, likely tips that series in the bruins favor.

He just doesn’t have that greatness to read the game and look 100 feet down the road. Too reactionary, and poor reactions at that.

But I wish him well, just want the bruins to win tonight

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'd love to see a Blidh, Lazar, Wagner 4th line. Foligno just isn't getting it done along the boards.
I believe this is it for him...A bad game and Blidh comes in. He hasn't been bad but needs to help produce. I believe Blidh checking style can make that happen.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
He's never shown that side in the media since he got to town and he's not going to start now.

Bottom line, if he started crying and complaining it would just give the refs more of an excuse to call shit on the team especially Marchand.

Focusing in on Bruce's emotions is plain stupid.
I think Berube’s crying to the media about penalties benefited his team a couple of years ago. It’s annoying, but the squeaky wheel gets the lube job

Did I call anyone out by name? No. It was a general comment
Right after I posted lol. Coincidence then.

Shooksie

D5 Beaut
Jun 19, 2011
i hope we're smarter tonight with the retaliating. don't tag em right right back with the ref's attention on you. get em the next play with a clean hit. and someone send a message to Aho early (looking at you, Chuckie). but just stay outta the damn box, pls

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I think Berube’s crying to the media about penalties benefited his team a couple of years ago. It’s annoying, but the squeaky wheel gets the lube job

Right after I posted lol. Coincidence then.
Get over it. So stupid and petty.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Let's see how these new forward lines work. I would go as far to even switch Coyle and DeBrusk. Coyle isn't the greatest at RW, but he hasn't done anything as of late anyways. The move would bank off Coyle's and Haula's chemistry. Hall is a smart enough player to adjust.

DeBrusk, Nosek, and Smith could play more north-south which I think would benefit all three. A third line with a simple game plan, take the puck to the net and see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicat

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Let's see how these new forward lines do. I would go as far to even switch Coyle and DeBrusk. Coyle isn't the greatest at RW, but he hasn't done anything as of late anyways. The move would bank off Coyle's and Haula's chemistry. Hall is a smart enough player to adjust.

DeBrusk, Nosek, and Smith could play more north-south which I think would benefit all three. A third line with a simple game plan, take the puck to the net and see what happens.
I still feel the lines should be :

Hall - Bergy - Jake
Marchy - Coyle - Pasta
Freddy - Haula - Smith
Blidh - Nosek - Lazaar

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He's never shown that side in the media since he got to town and he's not going to start now.

Bottom line, if he started crying and complaining it would just give the refs more of an excuse to call shit on the team especially Marchand.

Focusing in on Bruce's emotions is plain stupid.
It simply works for the other coaches and he needs to do it as well. It's about balance. The Brindamour approach of the sky is falling? No.

Letting it be know there is an issue that needs to be reviewed for the next game however cannot possibly hurt. They already have a double standard, it cannot be worse.

This game is in Boston and the series is lopsided so history indicates we may have a few beneficial calls. Then again, Carolina winning builds ratings in a casual crowd so perhaps the NHL does not mind.

Reactions: BMC

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Hope my new drink sleeve brings some luck tonight....
IMG_20220506_125743117.jpg

Reactions: Mione134 and BMC

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Maybe. But it shows how Carolina & it’s coach are outmaneuvering the bruins. They are the hammer, they are the victim, they are just more savvy. Bruins are playing nice, being chivalrous, always reacting & getting penalties. They gotta get in there, muck it up, get greasy. DESPERATE!
How is the coach crying to the media out maneuvering anyone? That makes basically no sense. It's such a bizarre narrative invented out of nothing by some people on this board to explain away playoff series losses... I've never even heard of this line of thinking anywhere but here.... Both in 2019 and this time.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
How is the coach crying to the media out maneuvering anyone? That makes basically no sense. It's such a bizarre narrative invented out of nothing by some people on this board to explain away playoff series losses... I've never even heard of this line of thinking anywhere but here.... Both in 2019 and this time.
In essence Berube and now Rod are lobbying the referees to pay more attention to the "atrocities" that have affected his team by the "big bad" Bruins. Some claim it has no impact , it certainly seemed to shift the tide in how the games were called against the Blues in the SC .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This. I get that Foligno is a “glue guy” or whatever, but the fact is, he’s bad. He’s slow, bad, and essentially does nothing.
They are down 2 games and Foligno has 2 goal entire year.If ever a time to play Blidh who is chomping at the bit it's now. But no Bruce punishes Freddy again.I do not get what Bruce is seeing .

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I guess we better hope the reunited perfection line lives up to its name ,because not to sure about the rest of the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad