Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 1: New York Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If he is gonna stick with the kid line Rooney has to come out for Hunt and just have Goodrow center the 4th line.
How many times did the 4th line have offensive zone faceoffs and just lose them cleanly and in a Millisecond pitt was somehow in our zone???
But I am sure GG is thinking he doesn't wanna be stuck without a 4c if he has to move up Goodrow (Not saying he's right just saying what he's proabably thinking).

Reactions: LokiDog

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Shit happens. Shoulda been a goal but turns into a gutting 3OT loss. Time for the boys to step up and make a statement in game 2. Well see the true character of this team.

Anyone saying the series is over has not seen much playoff hockey.

70% of game 1 winners win the series. We lost home ice. We have no true leader (messier) to bring us into the fight and back it up on the ice. We lost lindgren which means braun is in with nemeth. Our top guys have gone missing. We havent one a playoff game counting the bubble in 5 years. We needed to win game 1 in order for our guys to have confidence. We dont have it. Game 1 was huge for us.

Hopefully we can win a game or two before being drop kicked out by the pens. Its a learning experience for our guys. Next year hopefully we can win a series or two.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
The Rangers need to get under Malkin's skin. Drive his stupid looking visor into his face.
I don't think there's a hockey player I've disliked more, ever, in the 30ish years I've been a Rangers fan. Malkin is 1 and Crosby is 1A. I can't wait for the day they are no longer hockey players.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
This is also the problem with importing a bunch of toughness that can't play.

We still have the same Panarin and Zibanejad problem, they don't play a winning style of playoff hockey, but you can't stick Ryan Reaves on the first line to give them some grit because he can't keep up.

You need gritty skilled players. Blais, Hunt, Reaves, and even Goodrow were never the answer.

Tough to play against skilled youth is the answer. Players like Lafreniere. Players like Kakko. A player like Lundell.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
70% of game 1 winners win the series. We lost home ice. We have no true leader (messier) to bring us into the fight and back it up on the ice. We lost lindgren which means braun is in with nemeth. Our top guys have gone missing. We havent one a playoff game counting the bubble in 5 years. We needed to win game 1 in order for our guys to have confidence. We dont have it. Game 1 was huge for us.

Hopefully we can win a game or two before being drop kicked out by the pens. Its a learning experience for our guys. Next year hopefully we can win a series or two.

You're never going to make it through a deep run lol.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
None of this is wrong. But I’m not giving a multi year extension out to a “center” who hasn’t regularly played center on either the Rangers or the Jets. That’s a dark ages move.

So we let Strome and Copp walk, double down on friendly long term extensions for our kids, recommit to Kravtsov and to obtaining more skilled youth, and forget this dumbass two windows nonsense?

Makes sense to me.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Does anyone remember the regular season game against Pitt like 8 or 9 years ago where we won were in the locker room and they reviewed a goal and made the players come back out? We eneded up losing In OT. The NHL is my favorite sport but this bias is absolutely B.S. and bush league. This has been happening for years the Cally being slew foot by Cindy no call. The endless cheap shots by Malkin with no calls. If I was the NYR I would protest the game. There is no way this game should have gone to OT if the goal was disallowed on the ice I could somehow understand but to overturn a call so quickly..... against a home team in the playoffs come on...
Post automatically merged:

Nemeth finally looked good in OT because everyone else was tired and slowed down. His decision making is trash, endless penalties Braun has played well put him in there at least.
Yes, what a fiasco. As I've been saying, this is par for the course with Pittsburgh Penguins. The league pushes them, shamelessly, and blatantly for the last 16 years. Everyone knows it. Not everyone will admit it, certainly not people with jobs and reputations to keep. But it's still a fact. I don't even want to imagine the amount of money refs and league officials have made off this over the last 16 years. Guarantee ref family/friends bank accounts got larger after last night.

Reactions: deathb4disco

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
If he is gonna stick with the kid line Rooney has to come out for Hunt and just have Goodrow center the 4th line.
How many times did the 4th line have offensive zone faceoffs and just lose them cleanly and in a Millisecond pitt was somehow in our zone???
But I am sure GG is thinking he doesn't wanna be stuck without a 4c if he has to move up Goodrow (Not saying he's right just saying what he's proabably thinking).

Was actually surprised in a good way he didn’t move Goodrow up in the third and in OT last night, he only played 6 more seconds five on five than Reaves.

Although, I’m not sure what that says about Goodrow being brought here for his playoff experience.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Chytil should never have left Malkin alone in front of the net. Tough way to lose. Still have to win 4 so hopefully they bounce back. Throw out all the stats. Crosby is still better than any skater on our team even at this age.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

Bob Errey. Mr. Penguin. Good goal. Push.

Garbage league.

It's so very clear that Doumulin pushed Kakko into the goalie, and what's more, that contact was minimal -- the real contract that prevented the goalie from making the save was DOUMULIN's contact with the goalie, as he slid into his legs.

Reactions: skipmowerman

maskingagent

Oct 18, 2016
So you coaches out there , so after last night's triple OT , do you let the guys stay in bed and rest today ? Optional skate ? What's normally done after a marathon effort like last night ?

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
So we let Strome and Copp walk, double down on friendly long term extensions for our kids, recommit to Kravtsov and to obtaining more skilled youth, and forget this dumbass two windows nonsense?

Makes sense to me.
I let Strome walk no matter what, I don't care if he's willing to take minimum wage. Losing Strome is addition by subtraction in the long run. Good guy, but he's been playing above his head for a while now and Gallant is the only one that doesn't see it. We have to take Gallant's toys away.

Copp, obviously it depends on the term and price. But letting him walk if he's willing to sign a reasonable contract, is a mistake, he should be kept. There's no one in the system and no one available that won't cost a boatload to acquire.

Copp checks all the boxes except he's not like 5 years younger and he's not fast. Otherwise, he's got size, he's solid defensively, good on faceoffs, physical, and he makes Panarin better.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's so very clear that Doumulin pushed Kakko into the goalie, and what's more, that contact was minimal -- the real contract that prevented the goalie from making the save was DOUMULIN's contact with the goalie, as he slid into his legs.
I'm still completely perplexed how this was disallowed. It was called a good goal on the ice, the contact occurred because Doumolin pushed Kakko into DeSmith and Doumoulin is the one laying on DeSmith preventing him from getting back into the play. It's so clearly obvious that Doumolin is the only reason any contact was made, you see Kakko cutting in front of the crease, which he is allowed to do. If Doumolin doesn't push him, Kakko doesn't make contact with the goalie, it's as simple as that.

The more time goes by the less it makes sense that it was called back, especially when it was called a good goal on the ice.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Kids line deserves respect after last game. I thought they would lose there matchup BUT!!!..they were driving play. So GG has to give them some trust and move 21 to C on 4th and Hunt for Rooney. I just watched 1st period and we were buzzing. Desmith saved the game for them early. Sidney was encouraging there goalies all night. We deflated on the forecheck after the Lindgren hit....from that point on we were flat.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
How would he be helpful? I'm so curious why people want this guy in the lineup.
Outside of Fox, he's the only guy on this roster who can actually make quick, accurate outlet passes out of our own zone.

Miller is at his best when he's skating it out, but his passing isn't there yet.

Jones isn't a perfect player, but what he can do is something this current roster sorely needs. This team is at it's best in transition. Counter punching. His passing, again in both accuracy and quickness, is what can drive that.

There's also the perfect partner for him sitting in the press box in Justin Braun.

Last edited:
Reactions: mas0764

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Can't win in 5 without losing a game.

Cant win a series if you cant win a game. We sadly cant win a playoff game. we cant lose in 5 unless we win a game lol. Hopefully we can get one this year and build on it for next season
Post automatically merged:

How would he be helpful? I'm so curious why people want this guy in the lineup.

Lol dont worry, GG will replace the injured lindgren with Braun.

4-1 loss thursday. maybe we win 1 in pittsburgh but doubtful. 4-0 sweep by the pens

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I let Strome walk no matter what, I don't care if he's willing to take minimum wage. Losing Strome is addition by subtraction in the long run. Good guy, but he's been playing above his head for a while now and Gallant is the only one that doesn't see it. We have to take Gallant's toys away.

Copp, obviously it depends on the term and price. But letting him walk if he's willing to sign a reasonable contract, is a mistake, he should be kept. There's no one in the system and no one available that won't cost a boatload to acquire.

Copp checks all the boxes except he's not like 5 years younger and he's not fast. Otherwise, he's got size, he's solid defensively, good on faceoffs, physical, and he makes Panarin better.

I was being tongue in cheek, I do think we should sign Copp, but he has to be reasonable. He's not more important to our franchise than guys like Kakko and Miller.

Strome can get out.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad