Left Defense | Right Defense
Hedman|Sustr

Nesterov|Strålman

Carle|Coburn

Starting Goaltender

Bishop

[NHL]807809[/NHL]

L G R W :wings

@ Mods, feel free to edit line-up changes or suchlike. I'm back to work now.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Today will be a long day.

No kidding. I was pumped for playoff hockey last night, then right as the national anthems started before the Habs-Sens game, both my TV and internet died and stayed dead until this morning. I was very happy with this...

Lets go boys. The game tonight will answer a lot of questions for me. I really have no idea what to expect at this point.

Ferraro must feel like he's dreaming. Barely gotten a chance in 4 years and now he's all of a sudden in the lineup for the first playoff game.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
No kidding. I was pumped for playoff hockey last night, then right as the national anthems started before the Habs-Sens game, both my TV and internet died and stayed dead until this morning. I was very happy with this...

Lets go boys. The game tonight will answer a lot of questions for me. I really have no idea what to expect at this point.

Ferraro must feel like he's dreaming. Barely gotten a chance in 4 years and now he's all of a sudden in the lineup for the first playoff game.

Very intrigued by what they'll do with him. In a strange turn of events, you go from having one guy on this roster whose NHL career is over to likely 3: Cleary, Franzen, and Cole. So there's room for Ferraro in the top 14 next year even after promoting Pulkkinen and retaining Andy. If he looks good in the series, I think he's basically a lock for at least a Nestrasil-like run next year.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
My take on the Yzerman angle...we will always love #19 and "The Captain" but Steve Yzerman, GM of the Lightning is not "our guy". I hope we end their season in the next 4-7 games...it's just business.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Very intrigued by what they'll do with him. In a strange turn of events, you go from having one guy on this roster whose NHL career is over to likely 3: Cleary, Franzen, and Cole. So there's room for Ferraro in the top 14 next year even after promoting Pulkkinen and retaining Andy. If he looks good in the series, I think he's basically a lock for at least a Nestrasil-like run next year.

Is there?

Z/D/A
Helm/Sheahan/Tats
Nyquist/Weiss/Andy
Jurco/Miller/Glendening

Ferraro, Pulks.

Yeah I guess there is. Except I'd have much rather kept Nesty over Ferraro.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
My usual take on any series the Wings open as the road team...get a split in the first two. Tampa (and Bishop) are better at home than on the road.

I really hope Abdelkader can get back at some point in the series.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
...Ferraro must feel like he's dreaming. Barely gotten a chance in 4 years and now he's all of a sudden in the lineup for the first playoff game.

Always special when NHL teams bring up a rook for PO's, I know Calgary had one last night. It seems unbelievable but would you say it's almost commonplace in the NHL? If I'm correct a large handful of our own guys got their 1st real look in this situation- Abbie, Helm, Nyquist, Howard, etc. Some prospects take the reigns and never look back. The reasoning must be hey they could be the difference maker, throw that excitement and x factor into the mix could be contagious.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If the defense and Mrazek can be at least their average self, I think the offense can surprise us. I feel like they might turn it up a bit. Hopefully....

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
LGRW :yo:

I am legit scared/nervous that they'll get blown out tonight...however usually whenever I get this feeling before a game the boys usually show up and play hard and if they do that they can win. The bolts are over rated.

Also don't know if it's been mentioned but it looks like Coburn is back in for the bolts.

@MBakerTBTimes
Cooper says only guy not ready to play tonight is "probably" Garrison

Drouin and Barberio among last on the ice. Could be scratched

Coburn, Sustr and Killorn are in. Garrison out, Cooper said.

http://live.tampabay.com/Event/Live_blog_Lightning_vs_Red_Wings_in_NHL_playoffs

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
I think we will be lucky to win a game.

But we do have some streaky players. If nyquist, Tatar, and z get hot we could win several games. As well as whoever the goalie is.

Is mrazek the confirmed starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad