GDT: ECQF - Game 1: Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning| 7:30 PM| FS-D

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
While good tampa is inexperienced so it will be a close series

The bolts are not the bruins, they lack the guys built for playoff hockey, bergeron, chata, lucic, etc..

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
While good tampa is inexperienced so it will be a close series

The bolts are not the bruins, they lack the guys built for playoff hockey, bergeron, chata, lucic, etc..

Apparently the bruins aren't even built for playoff hockey since they're on the outside looking in.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Am I in the minority thinking we can win this series? Sure if our goal-tending is mediocre, then it doesn't look good for us. The x factor for me is Marchenko. When he was playing, we looked really good. He doesn't make the bad turnovers like Smith does and I think it will help a lot.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Am I in the minority thinking we can win this series? Sure if our goal-tending is mediocre, then it doesn't look good for us. The x factor for me is Marchenko. When he was playing, we looked really good. He doesn't make the bad turnovers like Smith does and I think it will help a lot.

Detroit in Six

I get the feeling that Mrazek will put the team on his back.. He likes big games

If he plays bad today then I have no faith in the series. Jimmy lost my faith when he came back.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Custance ranked the playoff goalies and Detroit came in 14/16. They were ahead of Anaheim and Calgary.

Tampa Bay was ranked 6th.

Overall he ranked Detroit;

7th best forward group

14th best defensive group

14th best goaltending.

That seems like a pretty spot on analysis.

Last edited:

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Hyperbole, hyperbole, pessamist, optimist.

Closing statement.

jk jk..

I think we have a shot, every team has a shot. We have to find the hot goalie and ride them in. We have some of the best team defense and players who are proven to show up in the playoffs offensively. The tendy is the key, and has always been the key to the Wings *failure* over the long haul of seasons.

Always optimistic!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Put in Mrazek or a goalie that doesnt kill the teams confidence. we have a closer/maybe win series with Boston

Heres hoping Mrazek doesnt give the puck to a Tampa player for an empty net

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Helene St. James gave the Wings the advantage on defense over the Lightning...lol

Shes a wings homer. Not surprised

Put somebody else instead of Ericsson and then its pretty much par

Goaltending is pretty even, Only cause its unknown

Foward group is pretty even.. Id put Detroit over tampa. Maybe thats just me. but when you have a 4th liner who scores 10+ goals...

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
My take on the Yzerman angle...we will always love #19 and "The Captain" but Steve Yzerman, GM of the Lightning is not "our guy". I hope we end their season in the next 4-7 games...it's just business.

You pretty much nailed it. The guy will always have my respect no matter what he does, unless he ends up working for Chicago of course. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad