ECQF: Game 1 7:11 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | NBCSN, NESN, CBC, SN (4K), TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Eh you are basing this off of one game. When Matthews is on his game he's better but Marner is more consistent.
I don't watch a ton of maple leafs games but everytime I do marner is the most noticeable player, 2nd would be rielly .

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Yeah just hope he doesn't change his mind on money if he puts up a huge postseason and Tavares and Matthews put up average post seasons.

There's a bunch of comparables. Ratanen, Point, Aho, etc. if they all get less than Matthews (they should), Marner doesn't have much room to stand on.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don't watch a ton of maple leafs games but everytime I do marner is the most noticeable player, 2nd would be rielly .

That's fair this season for sure. I am just saying that Matthews is weird. It's like he just decides it's time to be good and can take over a game. He's a monster with his size. Problem is especially this year he seems to pick and choose when he feels like it.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There's a bunch of comparables. Ratanen, Point, Aho, etc. if they all get less than Matthews (they should), Marner doesn't have much room to stand on.
Maybe... but if im marner the only comparable contract is Matthews... I could care less what ratanen/point/aho get... you paid Matthews, you paid nylander, you paid Tavares... my turn.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
In their defensive zone, Toronto is giving up way to much space and ice to Boston’s defensemen. They need to tighten up their coverage of the points and do a better job of getting in those shooting lanes up higher or some of these shots are going to start leaking through.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Maybe... but if im marner the only comparable contract is Matthews... I could care less what ratanen/point/aho get... you paid Matthews, you paid nylander, you paid Tavares... my turn.

He could wait for an offer sheet then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad