Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It's amazing to see all the fans who hate the Leafs now giving it to the Bruins for not finishing the Leafs off earlier. The Bruins are now feeling the wrath of people's frustrations that the Leafs aren't eliminated :laugh:

Matthews out for 2 1/3 games (Leafs top scorer)
Nylander out for 3 games (Leafs second best scorer)
Leafs PP 1/20
Leafs PK 60%
Samsonov played 3 2/3 games with an .883 save percentage
Swayman played 5 games with a .947 save percentage

Series still going 7

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The Leafs aren't much better off with Matthews. He's not a difference-maker in the playoffs. And he clearly checked out after be didn't hit 70 goals.

Every outcome here is amazing for hockey fans:

1) Leafs choke on another game 7 and are out in the first round like every year. Because they "battled hard", management runs it back next year. Boston gets smoked in round 2.

2) Leafs win and get destroyed in the second round again. Because they won a round, management runs it back next year. Boston chokes another 3-1 series lead.
Part 1 somewhat possible. One of the teams will lose. Though I don't think management runs it back again as you say.

Part 2 If the Leafs win in Boston and play Florida, it will be a tough series, and anything can happen.

It's honestly embarrassing to watch as an outside fan. Truely, there are no winners in this fight.
Why would you watch if you are embarrassed? There will be a winner in the game.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Is that what Mathews did?
Rumors are rumors and there's always a slight kernal of truth laying in speculation. :dunno:

Watch his last shift and tell me honestly that the body-language doesn't fit the crime. There's really no shame in it - happens to me at least a couple times a year. It's a natural occurrence

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Rumors are rumors and there's always a slight kernal of truth laying in speculation. :dunno:

Watch his last shift and tell me honestly that the body-language doesn't fit the crime. There's really no shame in it - happens to me at least a couple times a year. It's a natural occurrence
Sometimes rumours are completely made up; however, it has been speculated in the media that he had food poisoning, so perhaps? In practice maybe not in 4k during the game though.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Sometimes rumours are completely made up; however, it has been speculated in the media that he had food poisoning, so perhaps? In practice maybe not in 4k during the game though.
My last 'incident' was in a packed train terminal with nowhere to run... bad Jamaican patty from the canteen. Couldn't even begin to imagine if it was broadcast over the CBC for all of Canada :laugh:

Like I said, perfectly natural and nothing to be ashamed of

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
My last 'incident' was in a packed train terminal with nowhere to run... bad Jamaican patty from the canteen. Couldn't even begin to imagine if it was broadcast over the CBC for all of Canada :laugh:

Like I said, perfectly natural and nothing to be ashamed of
Yeah, I don't disagree, nor would I be ashamed. Asked if it actually happened , and disagreed that all rumours have a kernel of truth to them - they don't.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Game 7, we all knew it would come this.

But this one feels different because both these teams have huge pressure.

Whoever loses, people are probably getting fired, jobs are VERY likely on the line for both teams.

That's what makes this game feel different to me because regardless of who wins heads will roll.

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Amazingly (but predictably), this has gotten to the point where any result of game 7 will cause a catastrophe. Expect pitchforks, torches, and a civil war - either in Toronto or in Boston.

(and the winner will be swept by the Panthers. Also predictably)

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Amazingly (but predictably), this has gotten to the point where any result of game 7 will cause a catastrophe. Expect pitchforks, torches, and a civil war - either in Toronto or in Boston.

I feel like the damage was done after game 4 in Toronto. A loss now isn't going to change anything.

Clearly not the same for Boston.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

I doubt that.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Leafs play completely different with woll in net. They can play a lot more sound defensively because they're not having every rebound be shot out back into the slot, or have their goalie sliding all around his crease. Said I would have started woll game 1, again said I would go to him after samsonov was trash in game 1. Keefe just doesn't have the balls or brains to realize that. Instead he wasted 3 additional games woll could have played and put them in a deep hole. It's amazing they can win games with this guy coaching.

If this bruins group loses this game, they gotta be the biggest chokers in the league.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Not a Toronto fan by any stretch, but woke up amd checked the score. Pleasantly surprised.

More Canadian teams in 2nd round is better.
As much fun as it is to poke fun at rival fan bases, I agree 100%. I’d go so far as to say that an Edm-Tor final would be amazing, except I think HF might implode if that actually came to fruition.

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
As much fun as it is to poke fun at rival fan bases, I agree 100%. I’d go so far as to say that an Edm-Tor final would be amazing, except I think HF might implode if that actually came to fruition.
I don't mind Toronto. It's just a few of the fans on this main board who are annoying :sarcasm:.

Game 7 will be interesting. Huge pressure for both teams.

Last edited:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
4k comments in this thread when the next highest series thread is at only 1k says otherwise. Is the media making bots to comment in here or something?

Any leaf thread on this site generates way more traffic than any other team.

I guarantee you have talked more about the Leafs throughout this season than any other team (excluding the bruins ofc).

View attachment 863483

Search results limited to during this season (regular season), with just the word "leafs". A lot of talkin about the leafs when your team has nothing to do with em :popcorn:

Everyone on HFboards is a leaf fan :cool:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Woll is in the Bruins head now

Woll outperforming Sway

Who would have thought it? Except for me, of course. Woll stans rise up!

Putting this guy in down 3-1 and asking him to let in 1 or less every game sounded crazy, but the stupid, sexy bastard is doing it!

Water that bitch!!

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpeg
    IMG_3544.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3543.jpeg
    IMG_3543.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
At this point I think the Leafs are playing with house money.

The Leafs are the road team. They finished with 7 less points than Boston. They matched up against the team they had the worst regular season record against and they lost Nylander for 3 games and Matthews for (likely) 3 games. The Core 4 have played a total of 40 minutes in the lineup together this series and the series is still going 7.

If you told me before the series the Leafs would lose Nylander for 3 games, Matthews for 2-3 1/3rd games and the core 4 would play a total of 40 minutes together against the Bruins - I wouldn't have predicted 7.

Boston should have won the Atlantic but I believe they tanked for this matchup because they outscored the Leafs like 4:1 in the regular season and swept the regular season series. Now the Leafs, with all their injuries, are still going 7. All the pressure is on Boston right now.

For Toronto, changes are going to be made regardless. I can't imagine Keefe keeps his job unless the Leafs go to at least the conference finals and without Matthews that's going to be a tall task. Changes will happen this offseason.

Win or lose, I'm shocked this Leafs team, without Matthews and Nylander for half the series each took Boston to 7. Boston was the team that was leading the Atlantic nearly all season until the last game of the regular season. The Leafs aren't the one blowing it to a team with 7 less points than them - they're not expected to win, nor were they the favourites and the Leafs at least can use the injury excuse. Boston choking back to back to a depleted Leafs team would cause much more chaos.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Regardless of what happens next game it’s criminal that it took until game 5 for Woll to get the net. Shit is crazy.

Go leafs go!

Reactions: AvroArrow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad