Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
When did I bag on them for it?

I’m saying it worked for them and the Leafs should try it.
So it's the coach now? Earlier this year it was the goaltending, other years it's the playoff format or the powerhouse team they're playing. Always some reason why the Leafs can't win in the playoffs but don't ever question the core players.

Your team just sucks but the excuses are always fun to hear.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So it's the coach now? Earlier this year it was the goaltending, other years it's the playoff format or the powerhouse team they're playing. Always some reason why the Leafs can't win in the playoffs but don't ever question the core players.

Your team just sucks but the excuses are always fun to hear.

Fun fact: There can be more than one issue.

The fact someone points out another issue doesn't invalidate the previous issues.

Reactions: AvroArrow

myleafs

May 25, 2021
What are Leafs fans supposed to be helping?
Your hell bent on blaming Sammy and coddling and making excuses for our top paid guys and inparticular Marner. Even if everything your saying is true which I dont agree but if so, whats with the need to trash other teams players to prop up our own?. You do realize we have been outplayed and outclassed so far right? We only had 3 of our 11+ milly players so how do you expect us to win is a strange hill to die on.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Well, the last 2 years the Core 3 did.

The Leafs cores playoff stats have been improving while Pastrnak's has been declining.
One also wins while the other 3 always disappoint. Take the small victories I guess.
Fun fact: There can be more than one issue.

The fact someone points out another issue doesn't invalidate the previous issues.
They're just excuses from a fan with a loser mentality.

Reactions: dukeofjive

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I'll be honest, Boston has not been impressive. They have not been bad, but they have not been great. The Leafs have been complete trash, they are not prepared and play with 0 intensity. Marchand has been really good, Debrusk has been good, but Pastrnak and McAvoy haven't really done anything.

The Bruins are excelling at the team system commitment. Much of what you label conplete trash by Toronto is the direct reflection on the Bruins.

Pastrnak is not dominating because the entire Leafs strategy is to shut him down - it is working effectively, but the Bruins depth is performing well.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
you're comparing which core "did okay" better and you want to try and shit on a Finals berth and talk rings? As a Leafs fan?

stop it, get help

Well someone said Pastrnak is a winner.

I'm curious what he won? A participation trophy?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The Bruins are excelling at the team system commitment. Much of what you label conplete trash by Toronto is the direct reflection on the Bruins.

Pastrnak is not dominating because the entire Leafs strategy is to shut him down - it is working effectively, but the Bruins depth is performing well.

Agree with that fully, the depth is doing their part. All i'm saying is, it's not this overly impressive dominant performance. They are the better team, but it's still not "great" hockey, better hockey than Toronto for sure though, they deserve the 3-1 lead.

But a lot of the depth performing has also been because of stupid mistakes. Reaves gave up 2 opening goals on bad turnovers, the PKers have been absolutely horrendous all series long, the powerplay has been atrocious. It's not like Boston is doing some amazing stick checking or something, they keep trying the same dumb zone entry and fail, no one wants to shoot the puck etc.

What I'm trying to say in simple terms, it's not Boston is great, it's Toronto is dog shit

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
To be fair leaf fans find a new scape goat every year to avoid throwing any blame on matthews

Is matthews the problem, no
Is he the solution, he hasn’t shown he can be yet
Let me preface this by saying this isn't an excuse. Not at all.

But let's not pretend he's been invisible. He's got 23 G and 47 P in 54 playoff games. It's not like he's been a no show. And 14 of those games were head-to-head against probably the best two-way C to ever play the game. He had 5G and 4A ins 6GP in the Tampa series last year, then was completely shut down by Barkov and the Panthers in R2.

Matthews has taken plenty of heat, especially in those back to back series vs. BOS. But he's the least of the Leafs' problems. That said, he needs to find that next gear more consistently. See McDrai.

He's been off since after Game 2. It's obvious he's either got massive shits or is hurt. Again, not an excuse. It's not why we are down 3-1.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well someone said unlike the Leafs core - Pastrnak is a winner. I'm trying to understand what he won exactly.

Pastrnak was drafted to a team that went to the Finals the year prior and then won a few rounds so now he's a winner? Seems like a very strange definition of a winner.
I mean comparatively to the Leafs yeah he is a winner, if you wanna compare him league wide you might have a point, but this is a Leafs v Bruins thread sooo.....

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Well someone said unlike the Leafs core - Pastrnak is a winner. I'm trying to understand what he won exactly.

Pastrnak was drafted to a team that went to the Finals the year prior and then won a few rounds so now he's a winner? Seems like a very strange definition of a winner. They could have drafted anyone and won rounds because they were winning rounds the year before he was there too. I guess the fact Pastrnak didn't completely sink a Cup contending team makes him a winner?
You won't believe this but winning a round or two in the NHL playoffs is not very impressive or a big deal whatsoever , average teams win rounds all the time, which is why it's a big deal ( negatively) to win only 1 in 8 tries.

You are equating going out every year in embarassing fashion to not winning the cup , as if losing in the first round or losing in the third or finals is the same accomplishment because they both didn't win lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad