Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well, at least no one could say that that game was dull or boring...

I think we all figured that the Rangers would win - kudos to them, they played more desperate than the Panthers and were rewarded. I'm rather bummed though that we lost our OT playoff win streak but it had to happen sometime :(.

And yes, I loved that Barkov play - I thought he was great all game despite not appearing on the scoresheet. And both goalies were lights out - incredible performance by Bob and, you know, that annoying other guy in net (grrr).

Raises hand. Maybe it's just a preference thing. The game was much more entertaining than game 1. But I'm not a fan of games that are played that tight.

Reactions: IdleTraveller

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It must suck to have a shitty forecheck

Nah.. that was nothing. Now if we wanted to cry. The high stick on Forsling leading to the first goal. Goal would never happen

Considering if you take out the own goal and the empty net goal the goals are 2-2 and the series is 1-1 despite the Panthers all time great forecheck that must really suck.

Reactions: 2Leetch_94

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
What's funny is that it was a rather average hit. Rempe fell, but rempe falls when he's the one hitting guys. But he didn't get plastered, he's too big for that. Yet the gdt was alive with posts about Rempe getting destroyed.

It's actually quite crazy how much interest other team's fans have in our 5min 4th liner. The guy you responded to is a perfect example. If your favourite part of the game last night was an irrelevant hit on an irrelevant player, well that player is obviously taking up way too much space inside your head.
Yes, can’t argue with that.
It’s equally crazy how the Garden crowd respond to him. The roar starts to build when he gets within 20 feet of someone. Then they go nuts for even a run of the mill body check, like he just crushed a guy. The phenomenon is real.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
One is an empty netter and one Laffy scored on his own goalie.
And 9.5 out of 10 times Shesterkin stops Tkachuk's goal. But it's all irrelevant and in the past. Both teams are struggling to score, as they should be at this stage. I've thoroughly enjoyed both games (even the much tighter checking game 1) and can't wait for tomorrow.

Yes, can’t argue with that.
It’s equally crazy how the Garden crowd respond to him. The roar starts to build when he gets within 20 feet of someone. Then they go nuts for even a run of the mill body check, like he just crushed a guy. The phenomenon is real.
I mean, I get it for the live audience when he's closing in on a hit. But the cheers he got for winning a faceoff that was immediately iced was pretty funny.

Edit: it almost has a feeling to it like he's the little 'big' brother who maybe isn't all there upstairs so he gets extra encouragement whenever he does something. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: TheWrongWay

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
And 9.5 out of 10 times Shesterkin stops Tkachuk's goal. But it's all irrelevant and in the past. Both teams are struggling to score, as they should be at this stage. I've thoroughly enjoyed both games (even the much tighter checking game 1) and can't wait for tomorrow.

I mean, I get it for the live audience when he's closing in on a hit. But the cheers he got for winning a faceoff that was immediately iced was pretty funny.
Even the TV broadcasters are drawn in. LoL, they go to commercial with highlights of almost checks and of normal, every day checks.

Reactions: Grifter3511

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
And have one win. Take away the guy scoring on his own goalie and the empty better and we have
exactly what the stats say we have. A dead even series

I mean even if you don't want to take away the own goal. Empty net goals are not real offense. So 3-2. No one should be giving the Rangers shit for their lack of offense considering the Panthers offense. That absolute dunce Marty Biron was going on an on about the Rangers offense and 5 on 5 lacking. With a goalie in net the 5 on 5 goals are 2-2 and overall 3-2. Once again I'm generously giving them the own goal.

Reactions: Mike C

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rempe has bad balance and edge work. He's all straight line. It was more like he got hit and then fell off balance than getting rocked. But either way, why do people act like he's tough to knock over and call it a victory? Hes out there expected to get hit. No NYR is pumping their chest like Rempe can't be knocked down.

He's 21 years old and not fully grown into his body....a bit gawky and awkward still. He was a lot worse two/three years ago. He's got a very good stride for his size though and can get around with speed. He reminds me of a young Nick Fotiu only Rempe has more size and weight. His skating is going to get better and he could be playing at 260 lbs. by the time he hits 25. The way he can run over players right now reminds me of Dustin Byfuglien. He is very much a work in progress though.

That said even if you don't roll the lines all game with him he's a player you can go to war with. He's all in and the deeper teams go into playoffs the more and more important it becomes to have players you can go to war with. He's played 25 regular season and playoff games so far and he's had a bunch of fights for sure but his hitting can make a difference. He's banged up or seriously hurt Nathan Bastian, Ilya Lyabushkin, Jonas Siegenthaler (with a bad hit he got suspended for), Trevor Van Riemsdyk and TJ Oshie just that we know of. That's a lot in a short period of time. Opponents are very aware of him when he's out on the ice just for that reason.

Reactions: 80s Kid

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know why fans are so perplexed that a young kid who fought every challenger and hits hard and can put in a decent shift out there is a fan favorite. He's not Eric Lindros but he's young, homegrown, and has played his ass off. Usually guys like that are fan favorites. That said I'm tired of the "play Rempe" hysterical takes and the extremely misleading record posted of him.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Are Panthers fans actually complaining about a puck that was obviously below the shoulders when Kulikov blasted Wennberg's head on a late hit and only got 2?

This series is ridiculously entertaining but also incredibly stupid due 100% to Florida being a bunch of meat heads. Whichever team gets through this series at this pace isn't winning in the Final. The Rangers offered Florida a truce in game 1; let's have a gentlemans series, no stupid shit and let's play hockey. Florida declined, ran around the entire game, dumped Chytil with 4 seconds left in the game. OK; now it's a war. Now you get Rempe, now you get Trouba trying to obliterate someone every other shift (and I promise you, he will connect with one), now you get Lafreniere clobbering Verhaeghe which is uncharacteristic of him.

The Panthers are undeniably the biggest meat head hockey team in the league. Literally lost in the SCF last year in part because Tkachuk got BLOWN THE f*** UP for running around. You can't get into a war every single series and win a cup. I believe they call doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result insanity.

Panthers very well might win this series and I think they will; just like last year, there will be nothing left of them in the SCF.
With all respect to Dallas and Edmonton, and they are two great teams, they ain't Vegas. Different styles and different roster construction. Neither of them can hang with the Panthers physically. Can they outskill us? That is the only way they win.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I don't know why fans are so perplexed that a young kid who fought every challenger and hits hard and can put in a decent shift out there is a fan favorite. He's not Eric Lindros but he's young, homegrown, and has played his ass off. Usually guys like that are fan favorites. That said I'm tired of the "play Rempe" hysterical takes and the extremely misleading record posted of him.
He also wears my number. ;)

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Dude touched the puck 3 times in the offensive zone. Threw it out of the zone twice and got easily knocked off the puck and taken out of the play. Ray Ferraro spent more time talking about him than he spent on the ice. He's not even one of those "you'd love to have him on your team" guys for me, I'd rather have a player on my team like Luke Glendening than Matt Rempe on my 4th line. To each their own.

They just talk about him too much during the broadcast for what he is.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
No one is perplexed, just commenting on how much he gets the crowd going.
Like how FL fans love Lomberg, because he plays his ass off every shift, stirs things up, and brings energy to his teammates and the (home) crowd.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
No one is perplexed, just commenting on how much he gets the crowd going.
Like how FL fans love Lomberg, because he plays his ass off every shift, stirs things up, and brings energy to his teammates and the (home) crowd.
Lomberg is actually good at hockey, though. He was great last night, generated a ton basically on his own and laid some real body checks.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Lomberg is actually good at hockey, though. He was great last night, generated a ton basically on his own and laid some real body checks.

I mean Rempe is fine as a 4th liner, this take is that he's some unplayable plug is a myth perpetuated by the Devils board. He's fine as a player, nothing special but he's a 4th liner. They exist.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Dude touched the puck 3 times in the offensive zone. Threw it out of the zone twice and got easily knocked off the puck and taken out of the play. Ray Ferraro spent more time talking about him than he spent on the ice. He's not even one of those "you'd love to have him on your team" guys for me, I'd rather have a player on my team like Luke Glendening than Matt Rempe on my 4th line. To each their own.

They just talk about him too much during the broadcast for what he is.
Uhh not sure what you were watching. He had a couple good possession shifts and other than the one shift where they were caught in the dzone vs Barkovs line, they looked great as a whole. He threw 9 hits . They talk about him because he is a likeable guy and a good story.

If he was on your team you would love him too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad