ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
the only 2 fanbases I can't stand are Carolina and New Jersey. keep the chirps coming.

it's going to be a low scoring series that's for sure, and I expect the Rangers to regroup. if they lose tomorrow they're in trouble. tomorrow is very telling.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
The playoffs aren't run and gun, though. Successful teams play a heavy grinding game, the Panthers were successful doing last night and the Rangers still got their chances.

Again, either people wanted a bloodbath, or they were Rags fans.
Unfortunately that is true, hockey has been turned into a defensive chess match. You cant hit, drive the net, fighting has been almost eliminated. Its the same game no matter which teams you watch. Cycling the puck is boring.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That’s a shitty way to lose. I was expecting the Rangers to get dominated but the three expected goals models I’ve looked at all give the Rangers a slight edge. If they can win Game 2, maybe there is still hope.

I’m frankly glad to see people just arguing over how exciting the game was lol.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Understandable, but so far no one’s actually had an answer for me as to why. My best guess is everyone seems to think it’s going to be more like last year with multiple scrums and dust ups. They’ll eventually happen, but from what I’ve read, viewers seem to expect craziness almost every whistle.
It's subjective so it's hard to convey what you're seeing on to somebody else.

Also, you had a stake in it being a Panthers fans so you're seeing it from a different lens than people who aren't fans of either team. For me, it was an underwhelming game especially when you compare it to how intense the 2nd round series were.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Did you watch the game or just check the score? It was very even. Panthers got every bounce and two flukey goals.
Did you watch the game? At one point Rangers went without a shot for 14 minutes, did you ever hear the expression. "Hockey is a game of chances" or inches, you go ahead and be like the "Old man yelling at the clouds"

Reactions: RogerRoger

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I'll gladly forfeit any fancy stats victories to the Rags while the Panthers continue their merry way to the SCF.

This wasn't even a high intensity battle to which the Panthers have gotten used to and often find success. If the Rags want to amp up the intensity then that'll likely just backfire on them.
Boston gave a bigger fight than the Rags, I will prefer for the Panthers to play the same strategy, Rangers looked disenchanted and confused, their faces of despair on the benches showed how stunted they were being manhandled by the Panthers.
This is only game one and I do not expect the next game to be the same, they will make adjustments l, but I will say that any point in the game, never felt like the Panthers were about to cave, they were in control all the time.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It's subjective so it's hard to convey what you're seeing on to somebody else.

Also, you had a stake in it being a Panthers fans so you're seeing it from a different lens than people who aren't fans of either team. For me, it was an underwhelming game especially when you compare it to how intense the 2nd round series were.
Was just one game. I know why people thought it was boring, I'm just curious as to whether or not they know. There's plenty of assholery to go around with both these teams.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Panthers looked faster, stronger, and more physical. Rangers would dump the puck in, but never have be in on the forecheck quickly or in enough numbers to bother the FLA breakout.

Panthers started playing like this about 3-4 years ago, i guess. I have no idea where it came from - Quenneville? I know Barkov is a great two way player, which helps a lot, but guys like Erod go to that team and play 20% better than they do with other teams.
The current Panthers are a blend of the systems Coach Q implemented and Maurice. Q really implemented that attacking mentality and hunger to get to the net and score at all times, and Maurice added a great forechecking system on top of it, and also an understanding of playing patient defense on the other end .

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
UnfortunAtely the rangers dont have it
Feel like you deal with Panarin like Matthews; pressure him and close his space to operate.
panarin cant hack against a team like fla
I was afraid of this
Writings on the wall rangers aint gonna put in the work
I worry about chytl

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I'm seeing Rangers with 7 HDSC and Panthers with 8. Game felt very much like a Rangers/Canes game just with a more physical forecheck by the panthers. But as far as shots and offense goes, Rangers did a good job of limiting the Panthers chances. Majority of Panthers shots were nothing of consequence (mind you they did manage to score a few times on those inconsequential chances). If Shesterkin matched Bobrovsky we'd probably still be in OT right now.

Edit: Despite the loss, I think there's a lot of positives about last night's game. And there's definitely some adjustments they can make in the puck retrieval (behind their own goal line) play.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Shhhhh don't tell them, Vezina nominee, least amount of goals allowed in the regular season, punishing pressure game in all 3 zones.

That wasn't even a very physical game, they play any and every style needed, if they put in Rempe, you know we are in their heads. Rangers D was hearing the footsteps all night.
Boston and Tampa were heavier teams to play against, at no point I felt the game was getting away from them, they were in control in all sides of the ring, I expected more physicallity from the Rangers, the Panthers can do this all day.

Reactions: chris kontos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad