ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
It's a Devils thing.

It has nothing to do with the word and everything to do with who calls us that.
I'm glad you guys still hate each other. I assume you both hate NYI the same?
We had Duck fans cheering for Kings fans against us this year, goes to show how pathetic the trifecta of hate is down there in CaliPOORnia.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I just hope the games are more fun to watch. There was very little entertainment in that game last night. Not really enjoyable.

Is this what it's going to be like if Florida is playing with the lead?

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm glad you guys still hate each other. I assume you both hate NYI the same?
We had Duck fans cheering for Kings fans against us this year, goes to show how pathetic the trifecta of hate is down there in CaliPOORnia.
I don't really care about the Islanders. You'll find that the older fans do, but anybody born after their dynasty doesn't care.

I don't support the Islanders like I would, say, the Mets if they were in it (I'm a Yankees fan) but I'm not sitting there praying they lose.

If the Devils went bankrupt and had to start a fire to keep the arena lit, I would piss on it.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I just hope the games are more fun to watch. There was very little entertainment in that game last night. Not really enjoyable.

Is this what it's going to be like if Florida is playing with the lead?
This is such an absurd post, I don't get it. There were huge hits, back and forth play, big saves, players attacking the puck...wtf do you want? A 9-7 game?

I don't really care about the Islanders. You'll find that the older fans do, but anybody born after their dynasty doesn't care.

I don't support the Islanders like I would, say, the Mets if they were in it (I'm a Yankees fan) but I'm not sitting there praying they lose.

If the Devils went bankrupt and had to start a fire to keep the arena lit, I would piss on it.
Lmao, that's how I feel about the Rangers, Leafs, Flyers, Bruins and a few others. I can't stand the Lightning either, but I'll fan the flame just to keep southern hockey alive.

Reactions: Two4Fighting

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Ranger forwards were almost willfully pulling up on hits in the O zone. Almost like they were told to not be physical. It was really odd.

Rags better start laying the body if they want a chance. Panthers happy to play a friendly touch football game if it keeps Rags off PP — meanwhile they finishing checks on Rangers defenders and softening them up.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lmao, that's how I feel about the Rangers, Leafs, Flyers, Bruins and a few others. I can't stand the Lightning either, but I'll fan the flame just to keep southern hockey alive.
I don't know, man. I don't know if you can hate four teams the way I hate the Devils without your heart giving out.
Ahh interesting.
Do they feel the same?
I can't speak for them, but I don't see Islanders fans posting in these threads every day.

A lot of Islanders fans I know were actually rooting for us last series because everyone in this division is sick of Carolina. It's not a deep-seated hatred like it is with the Devils, but the Hurricanes are a violently annoying hockey team. They kind of unite the Metro.

Reactions: Coffey

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I don't know, man. I don't know if you can hate four teams the way I hate the Devils without your heart giving out.

I can't speak for them, but I don't see Islanders fans posting in these threads every day.

A lot of Islanders fans I know were actually rooting for us last series because everyone in this division is sick of Carolina. It's not a deep-seated hatred like it is with the Devils, but the Hurricanes are a violently annoying hockey team. They kind of unite the Metro.
Possible, I don't know that hate, but I'm a native Floridian who gets invaded every year. We hate for different reasons. lol

• Haha
Reactions: RogerRoger

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Wennberg probably should have tied the game, but he sucks, so Wennberg probably had no chance to tie the game.

Maybe Florida was great? I can't tell because Rangers were just so bad. But I'll credit the team that wins. Rangers haven't played for a while so hopefully they get better or this will be a fast series. I know Fox is hurt but can somebody help him out with a little shove from behind to get him moving faster, or maybe some rockets on his skates. I think I can crawl faster.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

As a fan of a Metro team, I don’t even think Carolina is hated by me.

It’s probably pens / rags up top head and shoulders above all.

Reactions: Amorgus and Coffey

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
I only watched the first 40 minutes but I never got the feeling the Rangers were going to score. Florida was the better team and it was textbook team defense. When Barkov was on the ice it was a clinic defensively for Florida.

Barkov is insanely good as is finally getting his due from the public. Liked Maurice's strategy and comments that he doesn't care about line matching at all, just rolls em out there. Thought Lavi panicked a bit with the line blending. Nico completely shut down Zib's line last year, I'd expect the same from whoever Barkov is deployed against. He's big, long, uses his stick extremely well and his positioning is top tier. A more skilled Jordan Staal.

Reactions: Laus723

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Possible, I don't know that hate, but I'm a native Floridian who gets invaded every year. We hate for different reasons. lol
I get it.

You look up and there's 2,000 Rangers fans. I would be annoyed. I know why people don't like us. If that's the reason, I'm at peace with that. It is what it is.

That's why, with the Islanders for example, I'm like "ok, what are they supposed to do, not support their team?" So if they don't like us, ok good. We're the competition. I don't take that personally.

Now imagine people show up at your arena and their team isn't playing. Imagine they show up in your threads and their team isn't playing. You can kind of see where I'm coming from.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As a fan of a Metro team, I don’t even think Carolina is hated by me.

It’s probably pens / rags up top head and shoulders above all.
To be fair, I think the Flyers are the only team that didn't have to put up with their core in the playoffs recently.

And the Blue Jackets but c'mon it's the Blue Jackets LMAO!

Reactions: SnS

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Florida only having 1 US Player in an important role. Going to win the Cup.
They'll have to get past Dallas, who has 6 (Robertson, Oettinger, Pavelski, Harley, Suter, Smith)
7 or more are too many.
Tell that to the back to back 2016 & 2017 Stanley Cup Champions

2016 Penguins (9 Americans, 8 with 23+ games played)
Kessel
Bonino
Cullen
Rust
Dumoulin
Sheary
Lovejoy
Cole
Bennett

2017 Penguins (10 Americans, 9 with 21+ games played)
Guentzel
Kessel
Bonino
Rust
Dumoulin
Sheary
Lovejoy
Cole
Hainsey
Ruhwedel

What a stupid take.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Let’s clear something up right now there will be close to 3000 Rangers fans in a place that seats 20,0000. The Panthers will have a clear distinct home ice advantage. And we beat the drum every 5 minutes with a Panthers chat which is very intimidating. It can be a very loud building our players rave about it.

And btw don’t let the rats hit you on the way out…….

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Wennberg probably should have tied the game, but he sucks, so Wennberg probably had no chance to tie the game.

Maybe Florida was great? I can't tell because Rangers were just so bad. But I'll credit the team that wins. Rangers haven't played for a while so hopefully they get better or this will be a fast series. I know Fox is hurt but can somebody help him out with a little shove from behind to get him moving faster, or maybe some rockets on his skates. I think I can crawl faster.
Rangers had one extra day off over the Panthers 6-5

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Let’s clear something up right now there will be close to 3000 Rangers fans in a place that seats 20,0000. The Panthers will have a clear distinct home ice advantage. And we beat the drum every 5 minutes with a Panthers chat which is very intimidating.
Not sure how intimidating it is, but it gets loud no doubt.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
haha Sounds like Canes = Leafs in terms of uniting Western Canada. :laugh:

Amirite boys? @Sergei Shirokov @Bounces R Way

• Haha
Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad