Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
So the Rangers lost to the two time defending Stanley Cup champs last time they played in the ECF. That same team obviously made the ECF that year too. That Tampa Bay Lightning team did not have their collective ass kissed like the Florida Panthers last night. Seriously, the Panthers are good I get it. They played very good defense last night but listening to Subban and Messier you'd think we were playing a mix of the 1977 Canadiens and 1975 Broad Street Bullies. That was the most ridiculous bit of "analysis" I've ever seen. They were up 1-0 in a low event first period where neither team got much and the 1 goal was a soft goal. "Without Shesterkin it would be 4-0". And then spent the entire intermission kissing their asses. It was 1-0! Absolute clown show on ESPN. I guarentee that the Panthers have far more to give than what they gave offensively. And yet you'd think the gift from the gods Florida Panthers descended onto MSG and reinvented the game. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous.
This reads like it was your first time seeing the panthers in the playoffs. Perhaps you should consider that there is a broader context, a larger, multifaceted body of work, outside of the way they played last night, which contributes to their analysis.

I mean I don’t know about you but the way many Rags fans painted the Panthers as Carolina light and lol said “Carolina is better” showed how significantly detached yall were from the reality of the situation.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
So the Rangers lost to the two time defending Stanley Cup champs last time they played in the ECF. That same team obviously made the ECF that year too. That Tampa Bay Lightning team did not have their collective ass kissed like the Florida Panthers last night. Seriously, the Panthers are good I get it. They played very good defense last night but listening to Subban and Messier you'd think we were playing a mix of the 1977 Canadiens and 1975 Broad Street Bullies. That was the most ridiculous bit of "analysis" I've ever seen. They were up 1-0 in a low event first period where neither team got much and the 1 goal was a soft goal. "Without Shesterkin it would be 4-0". And then spent the entire intermission kissing their asses. It was 1-0! Absolute clown show on ESPN. I guarentee that the Panthers have far more to give than what they gave offensively. And yet you'd think the gift from the gods Florida Panthers descended onto MSG and reinvented the game. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous.
As a fellow who grew up in Brooklyn, I feel it's OK to mention to you that ESPN sucks from top to bottom when it comes to hockey coverage with a rare exception or 2. When thiat Subban and Messier crew is on, I mute the TV and listen to the wife yap. That's how distasteful I find the ESPN noise

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
That’s a shitty way to lose. I was expecting the Rangers to get dominated but the three expected goals models I’ve looked at all give the Rangers a slight edge. If they can win Game 2, maybe there is still hope.

I’m frankly glad to see people just arguing over how exciting the game was lol.
Man I can’t even count the number of games the Panthers should have won over the years because they won the stat battle.

IMG_3647.jpeg

Reactions: elmaco

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This reads like it was your first time seeing the panthers in the playoffs. Perhaps you should consider that there is a broader context, a larger, multifaceted body of work, outside of the way they played last night, which contributes to their analysis.

I mean I don’t know about you but the way many Rags fans painted the Panthers as Carolina light and lol said “Carolina is better” showed how significantly detached yall were from the reality of the situation.

Ok, the Panthers are the first team in history to be up 1-0 after one period playing "their game". Just an absolute clown show.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
For example and proof of your point---I asked a buddy of mine once to remind me why we ever married our spouses. He says "We thought we'd have more sex"
We’ve been duped!

Lies, damned lies, and (expected) statistics

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Ok, the Panthers are the first team in history to be up 1-0 after one period playing "their game". Just an absolute clown show.
Carolina Hurricanes are the Stanley Cup favorite until the second the Rangers eliminate them. :laugh:

How far up your own ass does your head have to be to get so unraveled about some people saying Carolina is a better team? And where the f*** are these people anyway? The Rangers board was praying for Boston to win. Maybe in your case, several people do reflect the entire fan base.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Carolina Hurricanes are the Stanley Cup favorite until the second the Rangers eliminate them. :laugh:

How far up your own ass does your head have to be to get so unraveled about some people saying Carolina is a better team? And where the f*** are these people anyway? The Rangers board was praying for Boston to win.

And how much do you have to smell your own farts to think that we mere mortals don't get this 3D chess the Panthers were playing when they decided to limit their offense to the second softest goal Shesterkin allowed in the playoffs and an own goal on 27 shots. Must be the same 3D chess that allowed two breakaways and what 4 posts? It's the Florida Panthers playing their game, no team has ever executed a game plan previously in history. Nope only the Florida Panthers. I'm sure Paul Maurice wrote on his white board 1) Pray for an all time softy 2) Pray for an own goal 3) Allow 4 posts. They executed perfectly. Not only did they exectute that perfectly, the first period was the most perfect execution of the game plan ever seen in the NHL in a period ever. The game plan of getting *checks notes* zero chances of any consequences but hitting really hard!

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Tkachuk has become a top 5 player in the league..
Might be the best play off player in the game

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Sure did.
Panthers are not only a better team than the Canes.They are a better team than the Rangers.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
And how much do you have to smell your own farts to think that we mere mortals don't get this 3D chess the Panthers were playing when they decided to limit their offense to the second softest goal Shesterkin allowed in the playoffs and an own goal on 27 shots. Must be the same 3D chess that allowed two breakaways and what 4 posts? It's the Florida Panthers playing their game, no team has ever executed a game plan previously in history. Nope only the Florida Panthers. I'm sure Paul Maurice wrote on his white board 1) Pray for an all time softy 2) Pray for an own goal 3) Allow 4 posts. They executed perfectly. Not only did they exectute that perfectly, the first period was the most perfect execution of the game plan ever seen in the NHL in a period ever. The game plan of getting *checks notes* zero chances of any consequences but hitting really hard!
Your analysis of FL plan is missing the part about stifling almost every Ranger attack before it ever got started, watching FL apply the forecheck and force turnovers was not boring at all. Long stretches the Rangers couldn’t get much going at all, but then they’d break manage to break free with an amazing chance but Bob always had the answer. Panthers will start finding their offense off of that forechecking pressure, if it keeps being as effective as it was in game 1.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Cutting up the Panthers offence last night while the Rags put up a Goose egg. lol 🤣
Panthers didnt play their best and yet shut out the Rags in New York. Rangers fans are concerned.
Move over New York......Florida is going to the Final.

• Love

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Your analysis of FL plan is missing the part about stifling almost every Ranger attack before it ever got started, watching FL apply the forecheck and force turnovers was not boring at all. Long stretches the Rangers couldn’t get much going at all, but then they’d break manage to break free with an amazing chance but Bob always had the answer. Panthers will start finding their offense off of that forechecking pressure, if it keeps being as effective as it was in game 1.

No one said that the Panthers were bad or didn't execute a gameplan well. What I'm saying is that the ball licking that they got was not consistent with their play for the whole game much less the first period. They also are not some dynasty like they were treated. It was so over the top. Many teams have good game plans and execute them well. It's the ECF, not game 5 against San Jose.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Is the the place to complain about the amazing amount of pop ups?? Sweet jesus

It was a close enough contest. Playoff Bob won that game. Each game will have its own flavor and it may yet still be a series. Panthers didn't dominate except for Bob. Rangers had their chances

Wow a mike C sighting. How you been buddy?

Reactions: iam76

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
No one said that the Panthers were bad or didn't execute a gameplan well. What I'm saying is that the ball licking that they got was not consistent with their play for the whole game much less the first period. They also are not some dynasty like they were treated. It was so over the top. Many teams have good game plans and execute them well. It's the ECF, not game 5 against San Jose.
It’s funny hearing this, and also hearing Panthers fans that think the game broadcast was NY centric.

I’m glad I just skip the intermission stuff

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I just hope the games are more fun to watch. There was very little entertainment in that game last night. Not really enjoyable.

Is this what it's going to be like if Florida is playing w

Panthers got the bounces and the Rangers didn't. 7 game series for a reason, Rangers will win the next game.
Oh noes, is Nostradamus himself, thanks for showing up.

• Haha

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It’s funny hearing this, and also hearing Panthers fans that think the game broadcast was NY centric.

I’m glad I just skip the intermission stuff
I thought Messier 's and Subban's analysis was pretty spot on, but their tone was over the top. We haven't earned that kind of praise where they talked about us like the 1979 Canadiens, but they were right that if the Rangers don't up the physical play, this will be a short series. The Panthers can play this kind of low event, patient defensive hockey in their sleep .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad