Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
It will be interesting to see if ny puts in any work next game.
Seen it before from them
Panarin looks like a little lost dog out there

Reactions: yrrebbor

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rempe should dress for game 2 because the Rangers are gonna get crunched by Lomberg and Bennett all series long. Chytil almost got hurt again after a check as well.
It's not so much that they're going to get crunch. It's their forecheck had no intentions of crunching back. They come in with their sticks looking for some poke check and get out muscled. Keep poking the bear, or in this case the cats, and you'll get burned.

On top of that, everything they did was in the wrong direction. The amount of times they moved the puck backwards only to get banged against the boards and lose the battle was mind boggling. Credit Florida for their hustle and compete on the forecheck/zone pressure, but Rangers have to move in the other direction. If you have to take an icing, take the icing. Stop with these soft clears after you put yourself in a bad position moving backwards.

Too much middle of the ice play in their own zone and the neutral zone. There isn't space and you're coughing up the puck with a player ready to crunch you.

When I saw Zibanejad go flying down in the first period I knew that ice was going to take out a few players on both teams.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
What can the Rangers do to reduce the fear that was in their defenses eyes whenever the Panthers forecheck came roaring down on them? I saw them gripping their sticks, looking over their shoulders in full blown panic, eyeballs bugging out.

I’m sure the Cats are salivating at the thought of Rempe being brought in. That seems like a Hail Mary play at this point. Would be a desperate move.

Reactions: Osakahaus

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
What can the Rangers do to reduce the fear that was in their defenses eyes whenever the Panthers forecheck came roaring down on them? I saw them gripping their sticks, looking over their shoulders in full blown panic, eyeballs bugging out.

I’m sure the Cats are salivating at the thought of Rempe being brought in. That seems like a Hail Mary play at this point. Would be a desperate move.
some of you Cats fans get way too comfortable with yourself holy hell

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
The Panthers and Rangers play exciting hockey in general but Game 1 was a snoozefest for the most part. I don't think it's absurd at all to point that out.

Game 1's of series tend to be like that though. Usually there's a break in between and the teams go through a feeling out process before they really get into the series.
Understandable, but so far no one’s actually had an answer for me as to why. My best guess is everyone seems to think it’s going to be more like last year with multiple scrums and dust ups. They’ll eventually happen, but from what I’ve read, viewers seem to expect craziness almost every whistle.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Panthers are a team that LOVES playing physically. The Rangers love when its a skill matchup. Shesterkin is going to be in hell if the Rangers do not adjust.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Understandable, but so far no one’s actually had an answer for me as to why. My best guess is everyone seems to think it’s going to be more like last year with multiple scrums and dust ups. They’ll eventually happen, but from what I’ve read, viewers seem to expect craziness almost every whistle.
It was a game with low action where the lead team was fine with just countering the other team and the other team played with no flow/energy for large portions of the game. That with the ice being crap so there wasn't much speed on the ice the game was choppy and low highlight

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Its pretty rare an officiating crew takes themselves out of the next round in game 1 of a series but gotta figure these guys did it last night with that too many men call

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It was a game with low action where the lead team was fine with just countering the other team and the other team played with no flow/energy for large portions of the game. That with the ice being crap so there wasn't much speed on the ice the game was choppy and low highlight
Panthers constant forechecking pressure also had a part in stifling that flow.
That in itself is fun to watch. FL plays their best defense on the opponent’s side of the ice.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Panthers constant forechecking pressure also had a part in stifling that flow.
That in itself is fun to watch. FL plays their best defense on the opponent’s side of the ice.
I guess but since the ice sucked it never felt like they were trying to score in a way that felt threatening more playing the hand you were delt and not giving them anything which can make it a grind of a watch.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Rangers looked flat and slow. Their D doesn't look good either so unless Shesty plays lights out, this one will be over soon.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I will talk to PoMo and tell when he goes over strategy with the Cats for game 2 to make sure we make the game fun for the fans. lol
Bro, this is not the Panthers or Rangers board. Assume that most of the people posting in THIS thread are not fans of either team and just want to be entertained. Obviously if you're a Panthers fan it was a great game. duh.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Even if Florida somehow went up 3-0 I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see it go to 7. I think these two teams are extremely close in terms of roster and coaching quality
As someone who has no dog in this fight, I dont see this going 7. I know its one game but from watching both these teams for a while now, Panthers got this....and dare I say fairly easily.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Bro, this is not the Panthers or Rangers board. Assume that most of the people posting in THIS thread are not fans of either team and just want to be entertained. Obviously if you're a Panthers fan it was a great game. duh.
You’re wrong this is a designated board for the Eastern Conference Finals. Go find another board to play on……

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
The playoffs aren't run and gun, though. Successful teams play a heavy grinding game, the Panthers were successful doing last night and the Rangers still got their chances.

Again, either people wanted a bloodbath, or they were Rags fans.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
tbf boston swept us in the reg season then beat us down 5-1 in game 1, sure looked like they had our #.

But yeah hockey is funny how quickly things change.
Wouldnt shock me if its a 5-4 rangers win next game
Boston was also still high on adrenaline when that fist game against the panthers took place and Florida had been sitting around for 7-9 days. Once Florida got their game legs it wasnt really close. I was cheering for the Bruins so its not like Im being biased. Panthers are the team to beat in the east hands down and most knew that going in to the playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad