ECF: Game 4 - Florida Panthers vs New York Rangers, 8pm ET, ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Rangers have some serious problems in moving the puck out of their zone.
The Panthers just hammer them on this, and obviously it's the right thing to do. It's quite successful for them.
Panthers are just a never quit team, and seriously an onslaught all the time, with a great goaltender too.

They manhandled the Rangers for a fair bit of the game, and they got the win.

On to MSG. Let's have another hard fought battle.

Last edited:

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Weird match up. Don't let the shots confuse you. Both teams are playing to their strengths. Panthers defense is offense and O zone camping. Rangers offense is Opportunistic randomness out of nothing. Both are playing well. Could go either way. Rangers stick on stick is good, hence Panther's shots are not that dangerous, and that's why NY goalie looks good. Panthers can't play defense and Rangers "stars" are struggling. Any of the 4 teams can win a cup.

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
Rangers have some serious problems in moving the puck out of their zone.
The Panthers just hammer them on this, and obviously it's the right thing to do. It's quite successful for them.
Panthers are just a never quit team, and seriously an onslaught all the time, with a great goaltender too.

They manhandled the Rangers for a fair bit of the game, and they got the win.

On to MSG. Let's have another hard fought battle.
But still we are putting like twice the shots to the net but the score is literally even after regulation. Not a good sign if you want to win a playoff series.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
But still we are putting like twice the shots to the net but the score is literally even after regulation. Not a good sign if you want to win a playoff series.
Just for your information, I hope the Rangers win and the Panthers lose.

Shots on net aren't the most important measure.
Strictly speaking, it depends on how much of a threat those shots are. I'm happy if the Panthers out-shoot the Rangers for all the remaining games and lose where it counts -- on the scoreboard.

I actually hate a lot of the stats talk, for example 'attempted shots', which is really BS overall. Watching the game intently, knowing what to watch for, is quite sufficient.
Looking at the shot map is something I like to do, and that is something that actually matters, which coincides and correlates with the game I watched.

Last edited:

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
Just for your information, I hope the Rangers win and the Panthers lose.

Shots on net aren't the most important measure.
Strictly speaking, it depends on how much of a threat those shots are. I'm happy if the Panthers out-shoot the Rangers for all the remaining games and lose where it counts -- on the scoreboard.

I actually hate a lot of the stats talk, for example 'attempted shots', which is really BS overall. Watching the game intently, knowing what to watch for, is quite sufficient.
Looking at the shot map is something I like to do, and that is something that actually matters, which coincides and correlates with the game I watched.
While true, it still tells you about the flow of the game and you're literally confirming my point. We are "out playing" and out shooting you, but can't score due to reasons you mentioned and that is not the way to win a series. We need to do a lot better job creating legit chances with the posession and offensive zone time we have.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The series is now a best 2 of 3, with NYR having home ice advantage. The Panthers can't get the puck past Shesterkin. It looks sustainable to me.

The Panthers have dominated the last 2 games

Trying to continue with that model and win 2 more games is not going to be easy

Reactions: Sentinel

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
What a game. My youngest son, who does not have a great attention span during hockey games, was glued to the set the whole game. Great end to end plays, superb passing, lots of chances...it was great to see two great teams battle it out.

Reactions: Laus723

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Back to the series thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad