GDT: ECF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
nobody’s saying kakko has played amazingly. what I and many others are saying is there are 3 or 4 players who should be scratched before kakko

The issue is, outside of Cuylle, every other player has a special teams role so if you're scratching one of them you're most likely going to be short a guy on the PK as none of the other guys play the PK so it's not quite as simple as just take out the guy who is playing worse.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I like Wheeler and want him in the lineup. But I would be taking Cuylle out. Hate to say it about the kid but he's been a big nothing-burger. Not really even hitting anybody

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
We're going to have people whine about Kakko being scratched. When multiple coaches do it and one of them gave the other top pick a career maybe it's the player. Bottom line is Kakko sucks.
I don't know what KK is thinking. Where is the urgency in his career? I had hoped he would use the playoffs to rescue his regular season. He has amde a few good passes but we really need him to find his game now.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would scratch Kakko if he was our #1 penalty killer.

We have to get that loser that doesn't score and bombs a whole line out of the lineup.

The team with more goals wins. Kakko's whole line can't score no matter who he's with for five years.

Reactions: lilphildub

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Why not just play fil at C so you can move wennberg down and get goodrow out of the middle?
He's probably rusty to be put at center after returning recently I would guess. Let him get a feel for the game before giving him the responsibility of playing C.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I like Wheeler and want him in the lineup. But I would be taking Cuylle out. Hate to say it about the kid but he's been a big nothing-burger. Not really even hitting anybody
He actually had a solid hit on Barkov early on in the game when they had a smidge of life. And a breakaway attempt I guess. Idk, I kind of thought he was okay last game.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

BlueShirtGal

True Blue Kitty
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
Didn't get to see the first game as I was at the hospital (ICU)visiting my sister. Been here in Sacramento since Tues. Sister still in ICU. It's been really tough. Didn't go to the hospital today b/c I caught a bug (probably from the plane). Anyway LGR!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Why not just play fil at C so you can move wennberg down and get goodrow out of the middle?
Seems to make the most sense but I am sure Laviolette doesn't feel Chytil is ready for Center duties? IDK

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
He actually had a solid hit on Barkov early on in the game when they had a smidge of life. And a breakaway attempt I guess. Idk, I kind of thought he was okay last game.
you're right, I forgot that hit. Still, I'd sit him for Blake, but that's just me.

Reactions: Kords
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad