GDT: ECF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think putting Chytil with Zibs and Kreider makes sense if he is physically able to keep up the pace. Imo with what is apparently available I'd go, seems as though they dont have intentions of putting Wheeler in.

Kreider Zib Chytil
Panarin Trochek Lafreniere
Roslovic Wennberg Kakko
Cuylle Goodrow Vesey/Rempe

Maybe getting Roslovic some sheltered minutes might help, Kakko still has some speed on his other wing to work with this way.

D would have a player of size on each line

Miller Fox
Lindgren Schneider
Gustafson( he gets one more game) Trouba

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Tkachuck made Trocheck his bitch game 1, they're targeting him and Fox, Chytil clear as day. we need Vinny engaged and opening up room for Panarin.
We need Panarin to stop pulling up on the wall while 3 guys converge on him and he loses the puck.He did that all Game 1...he has to attack the middle of the ice

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Looks like Kakko in the press box.

Didn’t Galant pull this same move in the TB series?

Kakko will not be a NYR next season, that’s for damn sure.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We need Panarin to stop pulling up on the wall while 3 guys converge on him and he loses the puck.He did that all Game 1...he has to attack the middle of the ice
The real problem is that he is too far ahead of his forwards and is then on a 1 on 2 or 3 and doesn't have the speed to get by the d. That's why he is holding up, but when he's outmanned it's a disaster. If he's gonna be a line ahead of his linemates he may have to wait for some help before entering the blueline or enter and fire it around the back of the net.

I've preached patience with him for a long time but maybe we can get a Necas instead, he just doesn't seem to have the ability or speed to create offense. The fact we have to keep acquiring right wingers for the top 6 is telling.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

What Gallant did was much worse. It wasn't just the scratch, it was how it was done. Lavy seems to communicate well with his players, even if he's going to scratch them.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kakko scratched for Wheeler?

I cant. I just cant

I can , Kakko has done crap. Scored one goal that was gifted to him from a bad turnover from the Caps.

People gonna complain about Mika or Kreider but yet Kakko gets a pass? We need scoring in the Bottom 6. Only way we have a shot against this Florida team who shut us out last game.

Is Wheeler the answer? Dunno. But he has more experience and more production than Kakko does in the playoffs.

I won’t be shocked if he is gone this summer, unless the Rangers win the cup.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Inserting a player who is closer to 38 than 37 years of age and hasn’t played in a game since February 15th seems like a desperation move by a coach who would have no other viable options.
Edstrom
Rempe
Belzile
and god forbid even Brodzinski are all more viable options than Wheeler.
Sorry if I have offended you, Mrs. Wheeler.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Inserting a player who is closer to 38 than 37 years of age and hasn’t played in a game since February 15th seems like a desperation move by a coach who would have no other viable options.
Edstrom
Rempe
Belzile
and god forbid even Brodzinski are all more viable options than Wheeler.
Sorry if I have offended you, Mrs. Wheeler.

I’d play Brodz over Jimothy and shift Goodrow to wing where he is more effective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad