GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Duchene stayed out of the crease and the goal scored against the Avs still was called back.
GI can occur outside the crease, my point is that if you bump the goalie inside the blue paint 9 out 10 times it's coming back regardless of how minor or inconsequential you think the contact was.

Now that being said, This could easily have been no goal given how the league itself seems to have no idea what GI is anymore.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
full
Barely an inconvenience, Shesterkin

tabness

GUCCY 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Panthers have the ugliest jerseys ever a damn shame if they win it all with this drip

get it together Rangers

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Yeh true. That’s the problem with a lot of rules in the nhl, too much subjectivity given to the refs. It’s dumb and should be solved with reform of the rulebook which bakes subjectivity into nearly every rule.

But on this particular call, i found it easy to determine what they would call. Since the player skated into the blue paint himself, there’s precedent for that atleast.
I agree player in the blue paint makes it easier for the refs to say no goal, but to me the touch on Igor didn't look like it affected him that much that he couldn't make the save.

Reactions: Sentinel

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Never would have thought that Florida had the energy to get back to the cup final right after losing it last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad