GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bs started a lot of them, though.
I think it was pretty even, to be honest. And there was a LOT more hitting in that series right off the bat.

Anyway, my point is that Florida is most definitely able to play it nasty. Maybe they not wanting to give refs a chance to call PP’s for Rags (FLA rightly had no fear of Boston PP) — but Rangers certainly not making them play anything but very gentlemenly.

Rangers will lose in 4 with a badly bruised and beaten Defense if they don’t find some physical pushback.

Reactions: dhfa

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
As much as I enjoy kidding PK, Mess is the one that makes it awkward.

Get PK someone closer to his generation and they could joke around. Whereas now they both just talk AT each other.
On the TNT broadcast,Carter and Hank handle it much better. But PK had a good career, unlike Biz

Reactions: RedRocking

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
People seeing tonight why the Lomberghini is a FL crowd favorite
Ryan Lomberg aka Lomborg.

Him taking the hit to make a low percentage shot and then throwing the retaliatory hit seconds later in the corner is engraved in mind. Guys a player.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
As much as I enjoy kidding PK, Mess is the one that makes it awkward.

Get PK someone closer to his generation and they could joke around. Whereas now they both just talk AT each other.
nah. Good contrast. Messier shares knowledge and experience with winning cups.......PK clowns around and shares fashion tips.
Both are good sports about it all.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I feel the opposite about Biz, I thought he sucked when he started but now I like him more than anyone on espn. He's worked on it and gotten better imo.
I prefer Anson and Hank on TNT broadcasts, just cause it's better insight than your uncle who accidentally made the show.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I think it was pretty even, to be honest. And there was a LOT more hitting in that series right off the bat.

Anyway, my point is that Florida is most definitely able to play it nasty. Maybe they not wanting to give refs a chance to call PP’s for Rags (FLA rightly had no fear of Boston PP) — but Rangers certainly not making them play anything but very gentlemenly.

Rangers will lose in 4 with a badly bruised and beaten Defense if they don’t find some physical pushback.
Yes, there was the division rival thing and last year’s playoff factored in there.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I feel the opposite about Biz, I thought he sucked when he started but now I like him more than anyone on espn. He's worked on it and gotten better imo.

I don't hate PK though, Mess is trash.
Agreed. Biz has grown on me too, and is a great foil for Hank. Biz can be a clown, and Hank his slick smart self.

It works, the whole panel can joke around. Mess and PK is like anti-chemistry

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Mess is awesome. Funny because I used to think he struggled but I don't know he's actually really good and stands his ground which is needed with a opinion-finessing PK. Subban has grown on me some but he's still got room to grow. Biz has grown on me too, I like him - his back and forth with Hank after the controversial Dallas called back goal was epic.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
11 shots through 2 periods for NY

Who do they think they are, Vancouver?
They need time to adjust.
They had a first round buy , and second round was a skate athon. Panthers play a much harder game than this Rags has faced since they lost to Bolts a few years ago.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yes, there was the division rival thing and last year’s playoff factored in there.
Agree. But Rangers (I thought) were supposed to be the physical bad boys with talented players to surround them.

IMO if they don’t step up intensity and physical presence they will struggle mightily. As a fan I will say I was certainly hoping for a more intense game to start things off.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Agreed. Biz has grown on me too, and is a great foil for Hank. Biz can be a clown, and Hank his slick smart self.

It works, the whole panel can joke around. Mess and PK is like anti-chemistry
They just need to post career stats while they are going at it.

• Haha
Reactions: RedRocking
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad