GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Thats debatable. Depends on how you view the importance of the position and what needs to be done. Its obviously not how the coaching staff feels and neither do I.

A agree Wennberg is a black hole in creating chances, but his play up the middle does lead to more possession and reduces chances again. Thats a good thing. Its a much bigger issue defensively than offensively when talking about what you need from a center, in tight playoff games.

Sometimes keeping the other team even instead of scoring 3 and letting up 4 of 5 is the better route. I see what you are saying but I actually think thats a more balanced 200 ft line than going Cuylle Chytil Kakko. 3rd line will also likely be getting more minutes even strength.

I like that 4th line, I do - but not at the expense of Chytil JUST coming back in as a C the the conf finals. For the reasons i pointed out, probably the most important is managing Chytils skating/recovery/health and not giving him too many things to think about. We saw what it did to Mikas game trying to match up against Hughes last year. And I doubt Chytil would even be that concerned about things defensively, and thats part of the problem.
Of course its debatable, it ALL is, which is why we are debating it. Hahaha. I'm not trying to tell you your opinion is "wrong" or implying I need you to agree with MY opinion, I'm just telling you what I think. I appreciate your thinking, I just think the pros of Chytil at 3C outweigh the cons. Looks like the coaches agree with YOU though, so we shall see how it goes, bud.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
If you want to suggest dressing Rempe, find someone else to sit than Fil. There's no way we sit a healthy Fil for Rempe.

Reactions: bhamill

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Don La Greca and Dave Maloney have the radio call for the first four games of the series.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 141859.png

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
Not a good sign that all of our reporters are ignoring the questions about Sam on twitter. :/

• Wow
Reactions: tlk

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Whoever comes in as the 12th guy it's still good to have the options. It wouldn't surprise me if someone gets banged up or really hurt in this series. Having pretty decent replacements or even the nuclear option of Matt Rempe is a good thing.

If we start taking attrition though I'd like to pay the Panthers back in kind. There are some things you shouldn't ignore.

Reactions: bhamill

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Not a good sign that all of our reporters are ignoring the questions about Sam on twitter. :/
All tests came back clean

Lagreca reported on the radio that Sam is now in good health but unable to travel.

So it sounds likes something happened, but not too serious fortunately.
He collapsed at grand sons game yesterday but they said after all tests he’s fine

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Foxy

Oct 5, 2020
Listening to some of the sportsnet pods and other around the league bs, they all think we need Rempe to counter the Panthers toughness, I think that's a disservice to how tough a team we actually are.

I remember back vs the caps, Fox got jumped by Wilson after a goal, and Kreider and Trocheck fought through 2 linesmen and 3 other cap players until the had Wilson in a chokehold. So if the Panthers take it there, we'll be fine. We have shown we can play that kind of game as well.

It may even benefit us slightly as we'll go to crazy town with them, leaving the refs no choice but to take out the whistles, which should benefit us more then them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad