LeBrun: Early Trading: Utah and Montreal exploring NHL trade market

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I was happy when the Av's bailed on him early enough to recoup good value. He's a player that leaves you thinking he could get to that next level, but then never gets any better at all.

I can totally see that.

Tool wise, awesome, it makes sense.

But, as a whole.....

Meh.

Reactions: Mac Attack

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Lots of rumours he won't resign with them. Let's not forget Flames are/will be rebuilding.
1729890797813.png

• Love
Reactions: Benstheman

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I was happy when the Av's bailed on him early enough to recoup good value. He's a player that leaves you thinking he could get to that next level, but then never gets any better at all.
I can assure you he is bad but really bad, outside of skating he brings absolutely nothing, I can't believe he is on our 2nd line. When we did that trade I was really pissed, he is the kind of guy that avoid being on waivers because he is a former 1st pick

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Lots of rumours he won't resign with them. Let's not forget Flames are/will be rebuilding.

Depends how the next couple months go, if the wheels fall off from this start maybe he gets dealt. If the Flames stay competitive I could see him re-signing if the Flames throw the bag at him (which they would). All those rumors were from last year/the off-season and once all the free agents got dealt the noise around the team died off.

He's in an odd situation because without Backlund (our current C) I am 99% sure that Ras would be the Flames captain.

He's also playing at a Norris level this year so if the Flames are selling him, it's not going to be cheap.

Reactions: Benstheman

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If Bill Armstrong can talk Provorov into extending there then I could maybe see a Maccelli-Provorov swap.

The Jackets desperately need forwards and Utah D. I'm not sure if this works for the Jackets - Provorov is at his best right now and has been a big part of their early season success. Without him they run out of top 4 options pretty quick. Maybe if they're ready to call up Mateychuk.

I highly doubt Utah would have any interest in Provorov, and I don't see how Maccelli's value would be that of Provorov. Maccelli is a solid top 6 player who is decent but not great defensively and has no edge. It's not like he has negative value at just recently 24yo on a very solid contract for 2 more years. He could easily become a PPG player (has already been pretty close to it) and is already an exceptional playmaker at minimum. Not really his fault that he's mostly played with Crouse on the 3rd line.

Andersson I could definitely see as UHC is weak on the top pair and Andersson is exactly the type of d-man they'd be looking for who can play defensively. OTOH I would imagine those talks have already happened so I doubt much has changed.

I don't know what UHC would realistically want from MTL that would be newsworthy. Maybe Laine if they think he bounce back somehow but I kind of doubt that. I can't see Matheson being the ask considering Sergachev is already there and his age. I also can't see any of MTL's top 6 being available so...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad