LeBrun: Early Trading: Utah and Montreal exploring NHL trade market

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I was happy when the Av's bailed on him early enough to recoup good value. He's a player that leaves you thinking he could get to that next level, but then never gets any better at all.

I can totally see that.

Tool wise, awesome, it makes sense.

But, as a whole.....

Meh.

Reactions: Mac Attack

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Lots of rumours he won't resign with them. Let's not forget Flames are/will be rebuilding.
1729890797813.png

• Love
Reactions: Benstheman

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I was happy when the Av's bailed on him early enough to recoup good value. He's a player that leaves you thinking he could get to that next level, but then never gets any better at all.
I can assure you he is bad but really bad, outside of skating he brings absolutely nothing, I can't believe he is on our 2nd line. When we did that trade I was really pissed, he is the kind of guy that avoid being on waivers because he is a former 1st pick

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Lots of rumours he won't resign with them. Let's not forget Flames are/will be rebuilding.

Depends how the next couple months go, if the wheels fall off from this start maybe he gets dealt. If the Flames stay competitive I could see him re-signing if the Flames throw the bag at him (which they would). All those rumors were from last year/the off-season and once all the free agents got dealt the noise around the team died off.

He's in an odd situation because without Backlund (our current C) I am 99% sure that Ras would be the Flames captain.

He's also playing at a Norris level this year so if the Flames are selling him, it's not going to be cheap.

Reactions: Benstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad