LeBrun: Early Trading: Utah and Montreal exploring NHL trade market

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
With the Penguins sucking a bit more than they would like, they could be a potential trading partner as well.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Leafs have a Liljegren and/or Connor Timmins that can slot in pretty easily for Utah right now.

SHould be fairly cheap to get too

Reactions: sxvnert

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What are some examples that you would view as an A prospect.

Approximately how many A prospects do you think there are right now in the league?
Hmm so an example of an A prospect would be Hunter Brewski on the Flames. A strong prospect without significant flaws but not elite gamechanging. Celebrini and Michkov are S prospects. Parekh and Demidov are A+

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Hmm so an example of an A prospect would be Hunter Brewski on the Flames. A strong prospect without significant flaws but not elite gamechanging. Celebrini and Michkov are S prospects. Parekh and Demidov are A+
So a top 75-100 ish prospect? Fair enough to include for andersson. You have a lower definition for A prospect than I do.

I personally have a fair bit more range in mine that.

A+ vs A doesn't imo highlight the gap enough between a Parekh and a Brz.

I'd have:
-would trade a lottery winning pick for as S (Celebrini_
-would trade a top 5 pick as A+ (Demidov)
-would trade a top 10 pick as A (Parekh)
-would trade a top 20 pick as A- (Eiserman)
-would trade a late 1st/early second for as B+ (Hunter)
-Would trade a mid/late 2nd for as B
-Would trade a 3rd for as B-
-would trade a day 3 pick for as C

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Liljegren for a 3rd would be a pretty solid move for Utah imo
Someone didn't actually watch the video in the link. They specifically addressed Liljegrin. They don't think Utah is looking for someone with term because their injured players will be back

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Lmao one of those players had 57 points last year and the other is not an NHL caliber player. Also they are literally from the same draft class. Not only does Struble do nothing to solve the issue in Utah's lineup, the value is way off here
You know Struble is a dman right? In nearly every draft class in history forwards start making the league before dmen. Maccelli is nearly a full year older and plays the least important position in hockey. His game is top six or bust he's not beating slaf or Demidov long term for a spot. It would not be the type of upgrade we need.

I'm not saying struble has immense value but I would not be surprised if their perceived values were inverted five years from now. Struble absolutely has top four potential. He's good on both sides of the puck though not flashy. He basically was a write off for us and forced his way into the lineup last year making several guys expendable.

Maccelli absolutely screams grabner-type production because nobody else better plays here to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad