Proposal: E. Kane to MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
Kane's value is at an all-time low, but even this proposal is a bit low. Although he's frequently injured and he's inconsistent, when he isn't injured and he's consistent in his games he's a solid player. No thanks, we'll hold onto him for now.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I don't see why the Sabres would trade Kane, when his value has to be at it's lowest point,

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Kane's value is at an all-time low, but even this proposal is a bit low. Although he's frequently injured and he's inconsistent, when he isn't injured and he's consistent in his games he's a solid player. No thanks, we'll hold onto him for now.

He's an inconsistent player but when hes constent hes solid? Wait what???

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Kane is consistent in his play but inconsistent in scoring. When the shots are not going in his warts become harder to swallow.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I'm a Sabres fan and I'm pretty firmly in the "keep Kane for now" camp. Not because I like the guy, but because I think he has more value for us on the ice than he does in any trade. This is also influenced by our LW depth - after Okposo our next best LWs without Kane would be Moulson and a post-concussion Ennis, neither of whom I'd trust with top 6 minutes

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Bergevin would never ever acquire kane even if hes a good hockey fit. Just doesnt fit the old school hockey mindset they are imploring. Kane has too many off ice issues and MTL would be a terrible city for him! He needs to mature and settle down!

It's funny reading comments like that when the 80's Habs teams partied line the planet was about to blow up in 24 hrs.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'm a Sabres fan and I'm pretty firmly in the "keep Kane for now" camp. Not because I like the guy, but because I think he has more value for us on the ice than he does in any trade. This is also influenced by our LW depth - after Okposo our next best LWs without Kane would be Moulson and a post-concussion Ennis, neither of whom I'd trust with top 6 minutes

Pretty much this. We don't have the LW depth to trade Kane without some sort of replacement in the organization and trading him now while his value is at an all time low wouldn't make a whole lot of sense either. I'd say if Nylander goes to the AHL and has a great rookie season he could help punch Kane's ticket out of town, but that's more likely to be next season. Keeping him and hoping he can keep his **** together off the ice is the best move at this point.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
E. Kane doesnt have the same value he once had with all his off ice issues, injuries and offensive struggles in his past few seasons.
And we know the Buffola GM wants to get rid of him, so how about a trade to mtl who badly needs a LW to compliment Pacs and the second line.

So Kane (5.25M$ for 2 yrs) for Desharnais (cap dump, 3.5M$, 1 yr) + McCarron and a third round pick.

:habs
E. Kane
:sabres
Desharnais
McCarron
3rd round pick in 2017.

Is Mtl off in value? Is McCarron too good of a prospect for Kane? Or is this even?

P.S. I know kane has similar issues to Subban, but Mtl did bring in Radulov^^ :D

Habs aren't including MacCaron for a potential felon head case like Kane

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
So you want to offer crap for him even though his value might be low they can get better than crap

for all the know-nothings in this thread. McCaron isn't crap. He's a 6'6 first round pick who plays center and is a wrecking ball who can fight, hit and score. He will easily become at WORST a 15-20 goal center who can destroy opposing forwards/dmen

he isn't 'crap'

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Agreed. And especially since Okposo is a right winger...

Kane is our top LW. We don't have the depth to trade him. If we had signed Vesey, maybe that makes it a bit easier to move Kane. But since we didn't, it's not really an option anymore.

There is zero indication that Tim Murray is even trying to move Kane. There was a report shortly after all that legal stuff happened saying that Kane was told that the Sabres were not trying to move him.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
for all the know-nothings in this thread. McCaron isn't crap. He's a 6'6 first round pick who plays center and is a wrecking ball who can fight, hit and score. He will easily become at WORST a 15-20 goal center who can destroy opposing forwards/dmen

he isn't 'crap'

Ah, prospects....

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa

he isn't 'crap'

Most ridiculous post I've seen in years (not joking).

He may be a good prospect, but there is a very real chance he never scores 15 goals in a season at any point in his career.

Prospects fizzle all the time.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Most ridiculous post I've seen in years (not joking).

He may be a good prospect, but there is a very real chance he never scores 15 goals in a season at any point in his career.

Prospects fizzle all the time.

lol glad you're not joking but certainly prone to hyperbole. can we assume logan brown will fizzle?
spend a little longer reading HF trade boards you'll find far more ridiculousness than my extremely realistic post. we'll revisit this when McCaron makes habs

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight

As an Isles fan, I can say I'm not sure I ever watched a game in which Okposo played LW

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Oh no! Keep Kane the heck away from my team! Some HF'ers seem to have no idea how detrimental off-ice and locker room issues can have on a team. Plus being vastly overpaid for what little he actually contributes on the ice, and being stuck with that for 2 more years? Absolutely not! I have to question the judgement of anyone who would consider this. Montreal can't even afford him anyway. Just no!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad