• Total voters

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

mIXzxG0.png

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Who was responsible for the goal scorer?
Kurashev.

When Kurashev lost him, it became Murphy's problem.

When Murphy didn't know what to do, it became Fleury's problem.

It's not hard to understand. Just use your brain.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That play wasn't on Strome what so ever. What did Murphy do? Fleury should have made the easy save. Strome was the least of the issues on that goal.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Kurashev.

When Kurashev lost him, it became Murphy's problem.

When Murphy didn't know what to do, it became Fleury's problem.

It's not hard to understand. Just use your brain.
So Kurashev lost Ovie and the goal scorer? Did Strome have any responsibility on the play other than losing the puck battle to Backstrom.

I would tell you to use your brain but that would be like asking Strome to out muscle an opponent.

Reactions: Giovi

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So Kurashev lost Ovie and the goal scorer? Did Strome have any responsibility on the play other than losing the puck battle to Backstrom.

I would tell you to use your brain but that would be like asking Strome to out muscle an opponent.
I thought Ovie scored the goal. Apparently I misremembered it.

I've rewatched it, and here's what happened.

Kurashev lost Ovie, Ovie passes the puck to Sheary who Hagel lost, and Sheary scores.

Watch the play again. It's Hagel who lost his man and left Sheary wide open.

Strome was guarding Backstrom the whole time, until he sees that Hagel f***ed up and left Sheary open so he tries to stop Sheary from scoring, but by then it's too late.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I thought Ovie scored the goal. Apparently I misremembered it.

I've rewatched it, and here's what happened.

Kurashev lost Ovie, Ovie passes the puck to Sheary who Hagel lost, and Sheary scores.

Watch the play again. It's Hagel who lost his man and left Sheary wide open.

Strome was guarding Backstrom the whole time, until he sees that Hagel f***ed up and left Sheary open so he tries to stop Sheary from scoring, but by then it's too late.
Got it.

The biggest "problem" with the play was the puck from the point deflecting off McCabe and right to Ovie. Afterwards, coverage is off by a fraction of a second. It was one of those hockey plays. Did Strome hustle on the play? Yes. My issue was you taking Kurashev to task.

Edit: Deflected off Murphy, not McCabe.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Got it.

The biggest "problem" with the play was the puck from the point deflecting off McCabe and right to Ovie. Afterwards, coverage is off by a fraction of a second. It was one of those hockey plays. Did Strome hustle on the play? Yes. My issue was you taking Kurashev to task.
Right, that's my bad from not remembering it properly.

It was really a Hagel issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad