Dylan "Stromboli" Strome Appreciation Thread 4

Will this thread be shutdown?

• Total voters

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Honestly sounds all good to me. King seems like he wants to get the best out of his players, but knows how to work with them.

Unlike JC who just healthy scratches his dog house guys and thinks that'll magically fix everything.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Honestly sounds all good to me. King seems like he wants to get the best out of his players, but knows how to work with them.

Unlike JC who just healthy scratches his dog house guys and thinks that'll magically fix everything.

It's actually pretty much identical to what was going on with JC, but don't let that stop you.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yes, but King is a better communicator.

JC had no idea what he was doing.

At least now Strome should understand why he's being scratched and King should help him back into the lineup. JC would never.
Not that I want to defend JC at all, but the only difference we actually know of is that King is telling the media. We don’t know what JC did or didn’t say to Strome away from the media.

Reactions: DesperateBeliever

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Bruins fan here would you guys take a straight up jake for dylan trade ? I think they similar in terms of them both of a deer in headlights look to them right now.
Seems a bit pointless for both teams, unless you actually like Strome’s game and think it fits with Boston’s style.

I guess that swap couldn’t hurt, but I’d imagine nobody would be happy with the end result.

Reactions: The don godfather

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
He hasnt been great, but the hawks have generated some chances with him on the ice. Im wondering if it isnt something off the ice thats leading to this.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
He hasnt been great, but the hawks have generated some chances with him on the ice. Im wondering if it isnt something off the ice thats leading to this.

I'm pretty sure our organization has proven they don't care about off ice behavior. Well from coaches.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Dylan Strome is 6'3 and 200 lbs. And yet he cannot win a board battle.

All of his draft projections were he would be a big, strong centreman. He doesn't have the speed to be a finesse player.

Has he made any progress towards becoming stronger since he's been with the Hawks? Any improvements to his game? He's at the point where is what he is. He's gonna have a similar career path to like a Galchenyuk.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Dylan Strome is 6'3 and 200 lbs. And yet he cannot win a board battle.

All of his draft projections were he would be a big, strong centreman. He doesn't have the speed to be a finesse player.

Has he made any progress towards becoming stronger since he's been with the Hawks? Any improvements to his game? He's at the point where is what he is. He's gonna have a similar career path to like a Galchenyuk.

He's one of the softest players I've ever seen. He has no DESIRE to engage.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Soft hands and good instincts aren’t nearly enough if the player is weak, slow, can’t skate, and has no compete. No reason not to close the chapter on this guy.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I think we all hoped that by bringing him in Cat's work ethic would rub off on him. That clearly hasn't been the case.

Sad to see someone waste so much talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00